1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hermione's House-elf Training

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Femtedd, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Femtedd

Femtedd Backtraced

This can be done seriously or as a crack-fic, whatever you decide. (It would probably work better as crack though.)

The basic outline, (any point of witch you are free to change or tweek as you see fit):

Harry inherits an old house/manor. He asks Hermione to go and check it out for him as a favor. The reason that he asked her to check it out was because he already had some pressing matters to attend to, (something that would occupy his time for a few weeks). She gets there only to find that the door won’t open for her. (Maybe do too some kind of Ward or perhaps Harry merely forgot to give her the key). She notices a little doggy-door/cat-flap, and decides to shrink herself in order to use it. This is when things go sour for our heroin.

Upon entering the house through the flap, she is greeted by the manors residing head House-elf. The matron elf takes one look at her and comes to the conclusion that Hermione must be the newest elf sent here to work by their master. Perhaps the elf is old and has bad eyesight, or maybe this is merely do too skewered House-elf logic. “She is my size and is not the master, so she must be a new elf”. Despite Hermione’s protests, the old elf has already decided that she, is in fact, a House-elf, (and a very young and poorly trained one at that!) and with a snap of its fingers, Hermione’s clothes (and her wand!) are banished and replaced with the standard House-elf uniform, a simple pillowcase with arm and head cutouts.

Thus begins Hermione’s training as a proper House-elf servant/slave by the matron elf and/or any other house-elves that might work in the manor, serving under the head elf. All the while, trying to find her wand and/or escape from her new domestic prison and its jailers. Will she ever find her lost wand? Will she be able to send for help? Will she escape? Or will she eventually give up and submit to the training, become the perfect little servant for her master? That, of cores, is up for you to decide.

Optional Idea 1:

After a while when Hermione doesn't report back, Harry could become worried, and send someone else, (maybe Ginny or Luna), who then ends up in the same situation as Hermione.

Like I said, it’s not a full story but challenge-fic that I would like to see written by someone that actually knows how to right, unlike me.

So... funny, cute, stupid, you hate it? Let me know what you think. And, once again, think you for your consideration and you’re time.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  2. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    1) Use the regular colors. Black on dark green is a pain in the ass.
    2) First post = intro
    3) WTF. Elves have that awesome apparate thing. They don't have catflaps.
    4) Wizards, living in highly warded homes, wouldn't have a catflap to allow anyone knowing a basic charm access into the house.
    5) Noone wants to read houseelf smut

I'd go on, but if I continue, there's a serious risk of my eyes killing themselves. FAIL

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

...Kill it with fire.

4. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Until vlad said the things about colours, I was convinced this was just one long post of nothing but two emoticons. So, I had a look and wow. No.

I may not be as big a H/Hr fan as I used to be, but I still have way too much respect for her to write or read something like that.

Take out the sex stuff and, for those oddballs out there, you might have an interesting (if that's possible) insight into House-elf life fic.

Otherwise, no. Dear Merlin, no.

EDIT: The avatar disturbs me.

5. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Obvious troll is obvious.

6. Femtedd

Femtedd Backtraced

:O_O:

Well that was fast...

About the text colore; I didn't mean for it to come out black, I'll see if I can fix that.

As for the sex stuff, that was manley just a poor attempt at humor.

Sorry.

Updated and fixed.

7. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Not fixed. There is a button you need to click, it's at the top left of the "post message" box.

8. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Time for another Mindless Helpful Hint! (Dumbass)

[​IMG]

9. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

The idea is great, I think.

Hermione, who treasures freedom, is made into the perfect houseelf slave... and loves it. It'd make a great one-shot, especially if you hate Hermione. Turning the "great scholar" into a stupid rat... gradually, painfully.

10. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Chime is being stupid.
    Anyways, I thought this challenge could be half way cool.
    Make a humor fic where Herminone tries and fails to train a house-elf to be free, and all of her ideas get killed in the process.
    I was wrong, that idea is meh. Nothing good here.

11. Femtedd

Femtedd Backtraced

OOOOHH! leme press da butun n see wut hapns!

..............NOTHING!

Nothing Happens! (Dances)

12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

...Do we need to do this step by step for you? I think we do.

Step 1: Open this thread.
    Step 2: Click the "Edit" button on the original post.
    Step 3: Click the button from Mindless's image.
    Step 4: Click "Save Changes."
    Step 5: ?????
    Step 6: Profit.

13. Femtedd

Femtedd Backtraced

I got all messed up after step 1 ….

Oh wait there it goes.

PROFIT!

14. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I have to ask, what's with the

Step 5: ?????
    Step 6: Profit.

I'm seeing it everywhere and am very lost.

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Southpark thing.

16. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

This look like it's right up Roscharch's (or however the hell you spell it) alley.

I swear that guy spends his time imagining new and even stupider ways of giving Clueless!Harry a Harem.:fap

In other words... No. Get out, or fellate the Admins. It's about the only you're going to escape Ye Olde Banhammere.

Actually, I might read it if Hermione was replaced by Ginny. Over time she slowly devolves into an elf. The story ends with the others executing her for disobeying Elf Law #1: House-elves do not sleep with Harry Potter.

Edit: I also demand the link to wherever the hell you got that Avatar from.

17. Narion

Narion Slug Club Member

The problem with that, Doctor, is that it requires that HouseElf!Ginny sleep with Harry Potter. As we all know, that is... rather undesirable, to say the least.

Might I suggest a counterproposal, in the form of the following?

Elf Law #1: House Elves do not attempt to sleep with Harry Potter, or, for that matter, even think about sleeping with Harry Potter or attempting to do so. In order to properly obey this law, any elves who come into contact with this law or violate this law, in any manner, must be executed immediately and without recourse to appeal, pardon, or commutation of sentence. Execution is to be carried out by incineration of all reproductive organs followed by dismemberment and beheading. This law is only in effect when there is reason to believe that one Ginevra Weasley, or any possible form thereof, might be in violation.

Narion

18. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Stupid? Sure, the idea is stupid if you want to write a harem/romance/humor fic, but it has potential as being a "horror" fic.

Hermione surrenders her intelligence, freedom, and "beauty" (assuming the author thinks Hermione is beautiful) to become a brainless and wretched servant – part because magic compels her, another part because other house elves are conditioning her, and another part because she wants to.

It'd be like writing the last third of 1984 – except replace "House Elf Slavery" with big brother.

19. Femtedd

Femtedd Backtraced

hhhhmmmmmmyyesss. Like I said, this idea can be righten however the author so desires.

If you wan't to make it a serious psychological mind-F story, than you do that. If you wan't to make it a Hermione Bashing crack-fic, than than would be super too. It's yours to do whatever you want with it.

20. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I was wrong with the detail you added.
    I thought you had the same type of story.
    Horror could be fun for this one.