1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot How Luna Lovegood Became Loony Lovegood by Lady Alchymia - G - One Shot

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Lucullus, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

Title: How Luna Lovegood Became Loony Lovegood
    Author: Lady Alchymia
    Rating: G
    Genre: General
    DLP Category: General. Though it would probably fit in quite nicely in the Humor category too.
    Pairing: None
    Words: 4,012
    Published: September 8, 2007

Summary: Luna Lovegood takes her first ride on the Hogwarts Express.
    For younger readers ... This story is set at the beginning of the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets school year. Luna Lovegood is an eleven-year-old witch who lives near the Weasley family. Like Ginny Weasley, Luna is starting her first year at Hogwarts. Harry and Ron and Hermione are starting their second year.

Link: http://ladya.nsns.fanficauthors.net/How_Luna_Lovegood_Became_Loony_Luna/index/

A lighthearted one-shot from an author I greatly respect. Luna is VERY in-character in this fic, with none of that "the-quirkiness-is-just-a-facade" nonsense. The fic can make you chuckle in amusement and also sympathize with the young Luna.

For the most ****ing win. 5/5 :D

Checked by Minion, March 24, 2013
    Fixed the link

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  2. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I must approve of this fic. You said it, pure ****ing win.

5/5

3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Really good humor, Alcyhmia's Luna is comparable to nonjon's Luna in Luna Boobs Gooder. Pure fucking win.

4. This was a very nice fic. Touching and sweet.

5. Procrastinator

Procrastinator Squib

I like the colourful, fluffy and cute style that matches her age, but sometimes the sentences are cut to such simplicity that it stops flowing.

<O:p</O:p

<O:p
    The sentences are too short and although this highlights the childishness it starts bothering me.<O:p</O:p
    <O:p
    I did enjoy the dreamy atmosphere of the story. It portrays Luna' special kind of quiet craziness very nicely. She's not a loud, raucous kind of crazy but rather this gentle, slipping out of reality thing. I do not actually mind when "Loony" is just a mask but a mad Luna is always fascinating to read. Her innocence makes me want to hug her. 4.5/5 rounding up to a 5.<O:p

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  6. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

Well, I guess I don't have much to add.

The idea's original and Luna's characterization is realistic, the only thing I don't like is the lack of plot, I mean, there's only Luna's first train ride described in the fic. After reading it, I ask the obvious question, so what?

The name of the fic also doesn't match story's plot, it's pretty clear that Luna was already Loony by 11. I think it'd be better if the fic's name was ,How Luna became famous as Loony' or something along those lines, just put more nicely.

anyways 3.8/5 from me

7. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

I seem to have a slightly different perspective on Luna. My idea of her character is naive, extremely naive. Willing to believe almost whatever someone she trusts tells her and believing that information as truth against any other source. Not really crazy just naive and stubborn.
    Still, this story fits into that relatively nicely, but is slightly out of character for it. I liked its childishness though. It's refreshing to read something aside from the enormous amounts of cliche on fanfiction.net.

8. Kick810

Kick810 Squib

a lot more entertaining than a lot of other luna fics that ive read...