1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete HP and the Joining of Destinies by Kalistar - WOT - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Shezza, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

I did not really like this fic. While it is interesting, Im a big fan of the Wheel of time and the mistakes made in this are staggering. When he was describing the war of power the collapse of the age of legends, from the first time Mierrien(Lanfear) created to bore to the attempt to free the Dark one that started the war of Power should have lasted one hundred years. The fact that Harry is in his 30-40's when he returns to the HP world just annoys me.

And I agree about The muggle thing, it just annoys me.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

stopped erading this after Derva died or whatever her name was.. and here i was hoping for a HP/OC pairing in it...

3. larsbars08

larsbars08 Guest

I thought it was a good crossover. It might be because I really liked WOT, I agree the second part of the story in the Potterverse is a bit average as stories go, but the first part in the WOT universe is really good. It's a rare crossover so a well done story is a bonus.

4. Kalistar

Kalistar First Year

When I was writing it, I actually enjoyed writing the WOT portion a lot more that the HP part which I think is reflected somewhat in the quality. I think if I ever go back and revise it I will do away with the flashbacks, I really overdid those.

5. Valandhir

Valandhir Squib

Hi,

I just worked my way through the story. BWT - Maltese Falcon what's the other WOT story you liked?
    Albeit I like the way the story is told, I found myself frowning in the first chapters. The author mixed up some things, that made it a little hard to read. (According to the guide* the breaking lasted for some decades before the War of Power broke out. The moment Harry first channeled he needs to be trained or he risks death, that strange 18 years rule doesn't really fit the concept of channeling. Harry is too young at fourteen to manifest the spark, males manifest it later, tough this one might be overlooked in that context.) The moment I managed to overlook these facts I could enjoy the story. Yet, the return to Harry's own world felt a little rushed to me.

*The Guide is "The World of Robert Jordan's Wheel of time" and something like an official compilation of facts.