1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP Library Needs You

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Zombie, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

Much like my post here about the other fandom library, the HP Review board needs some love, as well as the library. There are plenty of fics that haven't aged well, and there are tons of newer fics out there that haven't been reviewed and added to our library. DLP's library has a varied history, but historically, has always been the best of the best that the fandom has to offer. We've combed through thousands of fics over multiple years and have distilled that number down into fics that we feel like belong here and that everyone needs to read.

There are some things I want to address:

I feel like in our pursuit of great fan-fiction, the very best of the best, we've excluded a lot of stories that have great potential, or have been crafted from the finest tropes. Or that people are afraid to link because there is mentions of slash or what have you, or if its a story they like, but someone else dislikes, we're going to shit all over you because of it.

Your fears are unwarranted. DLP has matured, and so has our tastes, and I'm here to assure you that as long as you make effort in telling us why you like something and you think we should read it, then you should expect no blow-back from the community.

So my request:

HP Review board has sat empty, and stagnated recently (more so than it has in the past) and I'd like to breath some new life into it.

1) Post some Recs: They cannot be in the library already. Make sure that when you search the forums, you search by title. There seems to be some weird fuckyness with the internal site search so maybe use google to site search to see if your story shows up there until this can be resolved.
    2) Don't worry about pairing, or if its slash. If its well written, you like it and you want to share it, please, share it.
    3) Concerning number 2, if you do post slash, be sure to indicate that there is slash, as well as, if you post something, sell us.
    4) The Review Board is to bring new fics or old fics we may have over looked to the attention of the larger community. Sell. It. To. Us. Spend a bit of time, craft a decent post that hits the high notes without spoiling and tell everyone why you think it belongs in DLPs library.

There are varied tools to assist you with this. I think the most important one, to save you a bit of time typing, is the Auto Fill From FFN feature that T3t developed. When you start a new thread, you can find it in the bottom left corner of the post box. Click it, submit your url, and watch as magic happens.

I mentioned above about fics already in the library that haven't aged well. If you happen to be browsing through, take some time to drop a review, even if you've already reviewed it in the past and let us know why you think it doesn't belong anymore or why it should be resorted.

Lets bring the DLP library back to the front and center of everyone's attention. Lets usher in a newer generation to the world of fan-fiction and help them find something good.

Thank you.

Some addendums:

If the link you're posting isn't from FFN, does it have an FFN crosspost? If so, please post the FFN link as well as your source link.

If your link is from SB/SVs unlisted section, make sure the author hasn't made any specific requests that it not be posted or shared elsewhere.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020