1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP/Middle Age

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Hawkin, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I've been looking for a couple of hours now for some fic Harry-centric (or in which Harry plays a significant role at least) in the Middle Ages

I've recently read a fic where Harry get send back in time by Voldemort and becomes Godric's apprentice and following the death of the last Founder, becomes the first Headmaster and while some ideas were nice, I didn't like the concept of Voldemort sending Harry back (seriously...it's a dumb idea no?) and there wasn't enough exploration of the wizarding world through the Middle Ages Era.

I'm mainly looking for a fic where Harry is in a Middle Ages Era and participate in the Founding of Hogwarts...or the Ministy of Magic, ICW, St-Mungo's, or something similar. I'd like a story where you can feel that the wizarding world is different and more primitive, but at the same time epic.

I've already read the Assassin's Creed Crossover from one of the DLP member and while a bit long sometime I would like something in a similar fashion if there are any.

Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Might want to change it to "medieval" or at least add an "s" to "Age," because my first thought went right to that Clint Eastwood shoop in the Funny Pic thread.

I haven't seen anything like this, though I wish I had. The idea is enticing.

3. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

God now I want to read something like that.

On topic:

Era of Hogwarts
    Root of all Evil

4. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Ah, sorry about the term my primary language is not english so I wasn't sure which term I should've used.

And thank you Trig for the 2 stories, I'll look them up in a few.

I also wanted to add that I didn't mind the length of the story. One shot can feel pretty epic sometime so if there are one shot around feel free to post them as well.

5. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Dang. Rec'd without reading. Ninja'd by Trig, but rec seconded!

6. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Here's a story I myself enjoyed reading. I don't think it would end up in the Library these days, but it's fun for me to read anyway: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2787109/1/Independence_of_a_Hero

Summary: Realization dawns on Harry following the discovery of the contents of the prophecy. Intent on running away to train, he is unexpectedly thrust a thousand years into the past. Can Harry keep the veil of secrecy over the future while planning Voldemort's de
    Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Adventure - Chapters: 17 - Words: 70,803 - Reviews: 364 - Updated: 4-23-06 - Published: 2-5-06 - Harry P. & Rowena R.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  7. coleam

coleam Death Eater

8. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Yeah, I accidentally did this too. Edit time, mofo.

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  10. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock