1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the...

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Anlun, May 23, 2008.

1. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Well I just saw Indiana Jones and, unsurprisingly it sucked.
    What was surprising is that I did like Shia Lebeuf's (sp?) character, and I thought Ford did well with what he was given, but Christ wtf was George Lucas smoking. Actually scratch that I'd expect this shit from Lucas, but Spielberg too?

Anyone else see it? I don't want to make a spoiler heavy review until its been out for a bit so I'll hold off on it. But Indiana Jones fans beware...

2. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Yup, save your money and buy/rent the DVD or sumthin'. This movie was a fucking train-wreck from hell.

3. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I knew it from when I saw the trailer. I'm not going to go see it in theaters.
    One or 2 whip swings in the previous movies, and now he's freaking spiderman with it.

I doubt I'll like Shia LaBeouf's part all that much, he just doesn't seem like he belongs in Indiana Jones.

Edit:

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  4. malaga

malaga Auror

Just got back from it, and I have to say, I loved it.

Come on, any movie in which the main character survives a nuclear bomb by jumping in a fridge and has so many stupid points in which the script writers were stuck that they had to invent a whole character who's only job was to fix them has to be great.

Although Marianne turning up again sucked. I really didn't like her in Raiders of the Lost Ark, although at least she wasn't as bad as the chick from Temple of Doom.

So yeah, I liked it.

5. No Earthly Clue

No Earthly Clue Third Year DLP Supporter

I saw the movie yesterday. And to me, it was wroth the $6.50 I paid for the ticket. But other than that, I didn't like it as much as the first 3. It was passable.

6. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Come on people actually liked this crap? ALIENS! Are you fucking kidding me? This movie was shit, not as an Indiana Jones movie but as a movie in general. The CGI sucked, and the plot was terrible. And what was with the corny lines and scenes? Why the fuck is everyone in 1950 either a greaser or a jock with a varsity jacket? Why is Shia lebuff swinging like Tarzan? Since when can you fucking get out of quicksand with a snake as a rope (and that looked really fake). And give me a break your going to tell me that you actually thought him surviving a nuke by hiding in a refrigerator was a good scene? Oh and of course we can't forget the psychic powers, it wouldn't be a shitty movie without psychic powers...

7. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I liked it well enough. The bit malaga was talking about was the best for me. That Shia le beauf guy was excellent.

8. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Wait aliens?
    I Remember thinking to myself when I heard the title "crystal skull":

'If there are aliens, then we might as well call him Daniel Jackson"

Were they Giant Aliens? Was it in a Giant Pyramid?

9. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Wow. Obviously, someones never really watched the other trhee movies.

They're fucking campy. Get over it.

The movie had pretty good acting, Indy being a badass and giving one liners, over the top villains and plot, and ended in a ridiculous manner. Just like THE OTHER THREE.

Sure it was a bit more over the top than the others, but really, not by that much.

I loved it.

10. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In fairness whats harder to believe? A mythical god with all supreme powers over everything or a race of people other than our own in the whole universe?

11. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

To that I say
    [​IMG]
    All Hail XENU!​

12. Flaylda

Flaylda Second Year

Personally, I like it. Despite having many plot holes, it's entertaining, and it made me snicker.
    ...But the soldier-woman was a troll. She had corny powers, lulzy accent, and ridiculous poses.

13. malaga

malaga Auror

They weren't giant aliens... Just like, 7 or 8 foot high. Although, if you want to get technical, you could say they were 13 times the size of a single minded human.

Let's not get into the pyramids issue, shall we? Because, really, pyramids aren't that uncommon.

Edit:
    WTF? Costs me $9.00, and that's on a kiddy ticket. Not fair. Not fair at all.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  14. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I just got back from it, and I enjoyed it. It wasn't the greatest movie I've ever seen, but it was pretty good.

Besides, the fridge thing was amusing.

15. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

It was ok I guess I liked that my favorite Jone's girl was back and some of the scenes were cool, but over all it really wasn't all that great. The big problem that stuck out in my mind was all the references to young Indiana, probably a shameless attempt to revitalize the franchise. I mean just coming off the street people would be hit with an Indiana who comes off more as a retired spy then a man that studies archeology and happened to be involved in a few scrapes with the Nazis.

I also got the rushed feeling that I did when I watched Temple of Doom, there was not enough character development it was like watching National Treasure all over again.

Overall I give it a solid three out of five.

16. Boo

Boo Auror

It stuck to the Indiana Jones style. The movie was good. I dont know why everyone saying it wasnt good.
    It had the same type of story as the first three. Some ancient artifact that could be dangerous in the wrong hands. Jones escaping something no one else could.

4/5

17. Thrawn Wannabe

Thrawn Wannabe Second Year

I liked the 'graphics' in the previous movies better than these crappy ones (which makes no sense, considering that tech has much improved since then)...the graveyard 'model' pissed me off, because it looked so bad. I was VERY irritated by the rampant plot holes, and lesser counterparts...

Such things include the intro of the crowd-pleasing monkeys, sidekick swinging vine to vine, how the soldier stayed in Indy's car up (not doing anything for a few minutes) up until they got to the edge of the cliff, and the utter lack of usage of the large machine gun on the front of the vehicle that Indy was using. Those are just from one scene...

Besides all of that though, I did enjoy the Janitor from Scrubs being included.

18. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

I enjoyed the movie. It was not worth the 11.50 I paid, but it was worth watching at 3am. Only thing I am wondering after the movie was: Spielberg or Lucas into scientology or movementarianism from the Simpsons?

19. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I liked it.

I was initially a little "WTFAliens" but like somebody already mentioned, *every* Indiana Jones film has some kind of crazy supernatural ending.

The finale with the Aliens wasn't any more unlikely than the Ark Scene, or the Holy Grail/Immortality thing, or the dude ripping hearts out with his bare hands...

20. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

It's like everyone forgot what kind of movie they were seeing, and expected a real archaeological thriller.

Think of Indiana Jones as a more badass version of The Mummy.