1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

iPod Fuckery

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TheWiseTomato, Apr 6, 2013.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have an older Video iPod (30GB) that just kicked the shits and refused to recognise any of the music on it. iTunes lists it as having 20GB of 'Other' data on it, which registered as Music prior to the fuck about. What I'm chasing is a way to make the device recognise the music on it.

I have my iPod set to sync manually, but just prior to the issue a small pop up appeared telling me that the iPod was syncing after I exited iTunes. After this, all music disappeared from the iPod's menus.

I'm a bit leery of restoring the original settings without more knowledge, because if I lose the music I have I'm losing seven years of songs from multiple iTunes libraries with no recourse for getting them back.

So yeah, help me DLP, you're my only hope.

2. Sacro

Sacro Groundskeeper

Try to copy the music to your PC with Sharepod, restore original settings and put the music back on it. That's the easiest solution I can think of, if Sharepod still recognizes the music.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

It is possible to take the music off the ipod and then restore it, like the user said above. But is there an apple genius bar near you? They could offer some help, and if they can't fix it and it's no fault of your own, they may offer you a replacement. They gave me a free iPod classic when the headphone jack on my old one started to fuck up on me, even though it was years after the warranty ended.

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Downloaded Sharepod and tried it out, but it just gives me an error message whenever I try to use it. About the closest thing to an Apple support store where I live is a mob called 'Mac Doctors', so I'll hit them up. Got the iPod in '06 so I'm not hopeful for a replacement, but I'll be ecstatic if I can just recover my music. Cheers for the help guys.

5. melior

melior Seventh Year

Don't know if you're interested in an alternative solution, but I've got the same model running Rockbox so I can listen to FLACs and such. iTunes mangles the filenames but you might be able to get at them that way.