1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Itachi is that a baby? by SpoonandJohn - M - HP/Naruto

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Peter North, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Title: Itachi is that a baby?
    Author: SpoonandJohn
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humor/Adventure
    Library Category: Humor
    Pairings: None so far

Summary: Petunia performs a bit of accidental magic. It says something about her parenting that Uchiha Itachi is considered a better prospect for raising a child. Young Hari is raised by one of the most infamous nukenin of all time and a cadre of "Uncles" whose cumulative effect is very . . . prominent. And someone had the bright idea to bring him back to England. Merlin help them all.

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11634921/1/Itachi-Is-That-A-Baby

This is a Naruto/HP crossover (but not really) and I think it's freaking hilarious. As the summary says baby Harry ends up growing up among the Akatsuki. However the story basically takes place at Hogwarts with Harry causing all sorts of problems. There is no Naruto or other shinobi coming to Hogwarts which is a plus so far. Easily a 3/5 from me maybe even a 4/5.

PS. This is the most competent Dumbledore I've ever read about.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
  2. seanchristopher

seanchristopher Squib

That was terrible.

3. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

So the writing wasn't entirely awful, but that is just about the kindest thing I have to say about it. Akatsuki was OOC, Itachi was evil, custom wands and Hyuuga eyes. What was worst was the taking handsigns out of Jutsus and not needing a wand. I couldn't get through the second chapter it is so burdened by cliches.

1/5

---------- Post automerged at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Also his hatred for tasty food was very grating. Proselytizing on the evils of western life got old fast. Also, he calls out meat cooked in its own fat, overlooking the numerous fried foods in Japanese culture. Pretty soon there will probably be morning runs and dodging practice. He'll get scolded by McGonagall for bringing a katana to class and start unleashing bijuudamas on Voldemort. All I'm saying is that this was almost certainly written by a weeaboo.

i'd downgrade this to 0.5/5 if I could

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I found it amusing. Good read if you're looking for something to do. Dumbledore gives zero fucks. Not exactly a serious story. 3/5.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I'm more or less with Tomato here. It's borderline crack!fic, but it's decently written and worth a few giggles. Not serious, but it's not intended to be (from what I can tell). Tentative 2.5/5.

Edit: Sadly it descends too much into bashing at one point for me, even for crack!fic. 2/5

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  6. Eimim

Eimim First Year

I read this a little while ago. From what I can remember, it's a guilty pleasure AT BEST.
    Dumbledore's speeches are funny but nothing else was worth a chuckle. I read all the chapters that were there at the time, so apparently it was good it enough to grab my attention for a while, but I never bookmarked it for future chapters. (I bookmark a lot of 'barely guilty pleasure' type of fics, so it says a lot that I didn't bother doing so for this one)

2/5 for being a decent time waster and nothing else

7. najex

najex First Year

High Score:
    Its stupid. Its ridiculous.
    But it made me laugh. That can be enough for some.

A 2/5 thats worth a few giggles if you are in the right mood.