1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

It's official - *spoilers for book 7 kinda*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkinferno9908, Jun 27, 2006.

1. darkinferno9908

darkinferno9908 Second Year

2. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

harry. needs. to. die. the little bitch needs to die and darkness will consume the earth and all the ginny lovin tree hugging little shits will cry:banana: :whipped: Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he'll kill snape because he can't realise that snape's on his side and voldemort will plug him

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

"I've never been tempted to kill him (Harry) off before the end of book seven, because I always planned seven books and that's where I want to go.
    "I can completely understand, however, the mentality of an author who thinks 'Well, I'm going to kill them off because that means there can be no non-author-written sequels ... so it will end with me, and after I'm dead and gone they won't be able to bring back the character'."

Oh she's so full of shit, she's said all up and down in years past that she only fucking planned to have a trilogy, and didn't even think it'd get that far.

4. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I take everything said by JK with a grain of salt. She contradicts herself so often is not even funny.

5. f77

f77 Backtraced

Two characters are going to die? I bet it would be Ginny and Harry sacrificing themselves to kill off Voldemort using the power of love or some tripe like that. My one ambition in life is to download the ebook of Book 7 off the net before it comes out in bookstores, and drive up to the huge bookstores where they have enormous lines. There I am going to spoil their surprise by shouting out who is going to die. I know some other people have done it before for book six... hilarious.

6. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

As for the characters that die... Harry and Voldy. We already knew that Voldemort was gonna die. But this is just my speculation/.

7. darkinferno9908

darkinferno9908 Second Year

We know it's not going to be Ginny because JKR's a Gin-a-holic. But what wouldn't surprise me is if she killed off two of the MOST UN-important characters in the book. Say Dudley and Tom. We ALL know she's gonna kill off Harry and Voldie, but she said 2 UNEXPECTED ones. She expected to kill Harry off from the start.

8. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

i hope she doesn't kill harry off

i hope its like remus and draco (he gets a reprieve but still dies)

i always feel like killing harry off will just be a let down, sure it would be more accurate cause come on he is what 17 years old and has no chance but still at least let him live and if we are lucky find another love interest

9. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Im guess with the current trend of deaths, its the weasel and herman.

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

We can only hope. If she kills off Weasel and Herman JKR will gain a lot of points in my book.

11. Naga's Shadow

Naga's Shadow Seventh Year

Well as soon as we see the cover we'll know. After all Dumbledore and Sirius were both on the covers before they snuffed it.

12. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

I will send her hate mail for a week if she kills harry that would be such a shitty way to end it.

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

If all three members of the 'Trio' live, I will not be happy. Not at all.

14. TheJackOFDiamonds

TheJackOFDiamonds Third Year

I'd probably bet money that one of those two characters is Snape. She made him a very prominent character, especially where he turned out to be the HBP, and if you think about it, she didn't really have to. I think we're in for a twist with him saving Harry's life and dying in the process (which sucks, because I would much rather have Harry kill him personally).

She made some sort of comment about how people would die because "we're dealing with true evil here," which seems like a deliberate misdirection to me. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she was counting Voldemort as one of the two. I also seriously doubt she'll actually kill Harry off, mainly because it's been obvious for some time that she's trying to keep her child audience. I wouldn't be surprised if her publisher told her that she had to mention the possibility of Harry dying, just to create extra buzz (as if she needs it).

Honestly, at this point I get more excited at new fanfics than I do at the idea of book 7, but maybe I'm just jaded.

-the Jack

15. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

The faqct of the matter is, they're looking for Horcruxes now. If one of te trio don't die, it will be the most unrealistic thing I've ever seen. As for the two unexpected characters; Snape and Ron. She wouldn't kill Hermione as Hermione = JKR. Snape because she's realised that after last book, he's irreprievable and Ron because she's realised that they can't hunt for Voldemort and NOT die, hen even Dumbledroe couldn't manage it. IT could also be a twist on the 'power of love' as love for a friend is one type of love that hasn't realy been investigated by fandom.

16. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

She may kill Snape off, but not for that reason. She seems to love the redemption thing and Snape is easily in that catagory for her. I don't care what she says in her interviews or how much we should all rightfully hate him, she's going to turn around and make him not on Voldemort's side (of course he can't be nice ever because she did promise Rickman if he took that character that he would remain an ass, but he can still be redeemed.)

Personally, I think Wormtail's going to die in the end in some act of repentence.

17. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I think it would be funny if Rowling surprized us all by writing the book based on what she may have seen on this site. Meaning that Ginny dies, Harry kills Snape (possibly after he found out that Snape never actually betrayed the light side), and the power the dark lord knows not is not love.

'Couse, that's not going to happen. Voldemort will kill ginny, and Harry will somehow destroy him and bring Ginny back with the mystical, magical love magic.

And the two to die are Patunia and Dudley. Not Vernon because he has no blood relation to Harry. And his hate will be so magnificent that he shall become the next (muggle) dark lord.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  18. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

Well, I think nonjon is allready writing the sequel:
    The Anachronistic Adventures of Patch and Eddie.

So there goes that stupid plan of hers.

19. shlager_5321

shlager_5321 First Year

dead?

i think that if she killed Harry at the last book that would be a really shitty thing to do becuase if i read how she acted until now correctly (correct me if i am wrong...) she goes for the whole "Happy ever after" and there cant be a "happy ever after" if Harry is dead.
    but on the other side if she did kill him it will open up some intersting possibilites for fanfic authors to use "magical" ways to bring him back from the dead ....
    no as to who else will die?
    well, voldie of course - that is a no brainer there.
    if she killed Ron i think that it will just make my day and even if she will write that Harry and snape are actualy secret lovers and plotted all the time to kill everybody else so they can live alone - i will still like the book - as long as ron dies! - i simply hate his Character....
    Dudley and Petunia being killed ... hm that does sound like it could happen....
    but i dont know....
    thank you for listening.
    shlomo

20. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

Looking at this moral be-good-and-pay-for-your-sins crap I'd guess it was Snape jumping in front of an AK. I dont know if I really want to read the 7th part. It might just end my enthusiam for the hp world.