1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Kane Live's- Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nytmare, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

This is something that I have been watching for a while.

Command & Conquer 3 gets the series back to its roots in the Tiberium universe, with new gameplay features that rewards players for their own unique play styles. Beyond the new story and gameplay tweaks, added new features include voice-over IP, integrated clan support, and new spectator modes.

It is 2047 and the stakes could not be higher. Tiberium -- a self-replicating alien substance that has infected the Earth -- is spreading like a radioactive ice age. The GDI, a high-tech alliance of the world's most advanced nations, is fighting to contain Tiberium, but Kane, the megalomaniacal leader of The Brotherhood of NOD has other plans for Earth. Kane's secret society turned superpower is bent on using Tiberium to take control and transform humanity into his twisted vision of the future. All-out war rages over Tiberium and the fate of the planet rests in the balance.

Now for a C&C freak Like me this is the Holy grail, because aside from the Abismal 'Renegade', Westwood studios has been on the forefront of stategy game development for a long time. Infact, if it wasn't for the first game they brought out (Command and Conquer) we probably would not have seen games develop like 'Warcraft', 'Starcraft' and 'Warwind' (although Warwind Is very Unknown).

I think that with this newest Installment from westwood comming soon we will see a major rival to World of Warcraft as the Graphics engine has been completely rewritten for it, so we are talking about something far surpassing C&C generals. In short the Graphics for this are sublime!

I am starting to froth at the mouth while I wait for this to finaly come out!

Link here
    http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/823/823989/vid_1647428.html
    to see the trailers and videos of gameplay.

Nytmare

2. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

That looks so freaking awesome. Problem is, the SysReqs are probably a bitch. IMHO, it might even choke Middy's new comp.

3. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

I know for a fact that they (the developers of Battle For Middle Earth II on 360) are definitely going to release it for the 360. And so what they are doing is they are really using Battle for Middle-earth II to sort of use it as a spring board to test, to see, how it is going to work for Command & Conquer 3, so they are trying to almost use this BFMEII as a beta; a very good beta.Thus the requirements will be similar to middle earth, which is a hell of a lot, I think Middy's new comp is going down on this one!

4. InfernoCannon

InfernoCannon Seventh Year

The game looks awesome. I'd heard rumours about a new Commander and Conquer game, but I wasn't sure if they were real or not.

Also, according to this site http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/command-conquer-3-tiberium-wars/708024p1.html a third faction in the war appears, and the world is split into "zones". "Red zones" are inhabitable, "Yellow zones" contain large deposits of Tiberium that are usually found in abandonded cities and "Blue zones" are futuristic cities.

But, does anybody know if this is before or after Tiberian Sun and it's expansion Firestorm? Because, I thought that the Forgotten was the third faction and they originated on Earth whilst the "Then, they came" comment by the GDI soldier sounds un-Earthyl.

However, I think this game is going to remind why I feared Mammoth tanks again.

5. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

Red zones (30.%)are the worst contaminated zones and cannot support life
    yellow zones (50.%) are dangerously contaminated but contain most of the worlds population.
    blue zones (20.%) are considered the last remaining hope of the civilized world and are under the GDI's protection.

This is after Firestorm, The 'Third' faction is actually the fourth after the mutants, but yea they are going to be aliens, I saw a clip with a mech like unit that has three laser turrets (think of 'war of the worlds' weapons).

Oh and I like your Avatar inferno!

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Looks pretty awesome. I'm a fan of C&C but I lean more towards the Red Alerts than the tiberian universe. Not sure why, but always enjoyed playing them more. Stilled loved Tiberian Sun and Firestorm though.

7. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

Yea a lot of people feel that way, I think It's because it's slightly more realistic. after the removal of hitler, stalin would be the greatest threat and thats what the cold war was all about, so I think that the 'red alert' series was a sort of venting on the whole 'what if the cold war erupted'

ZOMG I just bought the 'Command and Conquer: The First Decade' dvd pack, sweet festering mother of merlins tit's is this the best shit ever, 12 games, the original C&C,tiberium sun, red alert, red alert 2, renegade, generals plus all of their add on's!

It's a very merry (post humus)christmas for me!

8. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

C&C 3 rumors had been flying around for a while, but EA confirmed them recently. I'm honestly a little anxious about this, since Westwood was the Tiberium team, and this is technically Ea's first foray into that universe. Really, what will all the positive hands-on stuff coming off of gamespot and IGN, it should be fine.

My one fear is the interface. It sounds a bit odd here:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/754/754963p1.html

All the same, I'm still buying this the day it comes out.

9. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

The only command and conquer game I have is for the playstation one. Command and Conquer: Red Alert.

It is one of my favorite strategy games and it amazes me because it is so simple yet so entertaining.

10. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

You should get Red Alert 2 for PC. It rocks even harder than the original. The expansion pack adds a whole new side, the psychically dominated slaves of Yuri.

11. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

The interface is like BFMEII which is pretty minimal, all the information comes on the right hand side of the screen like normal, but it doesn't take up the space it used to, any body who had played C&C game for a long time would get ticked if they removed that bar.

I have played that red alert on playstation, it is Nothing like on pc, The dynamics are completely different, the controls are wierd, infact I think it was a waste of time putting it on there. on the other hand I never did play it with that funny mouse that sony developed for the playstation, Has anybody actually played with that thing?

I love how those slaves scurry around when you destroy the harvester.
    also got to love the Floating disc units!

12. InfernoCannon

To be honest, I lean more towards the Tiberium universe. I suppose it's because it was on Nintendo 64 and I just loved torching my enemies (one of the reasons I like Generals).

It is nice to see them return to the original universe, especially as once you complete both the NOD and GDI campaigns you can do the alien campaign. The Tripods look awesome.

And I guessing by your comments about Yuri's revenge, i'm going to have to try and buy it. I've got Red Alert 2 for PC, and I just love the Terror Drones, Squids and Demolition trucks.

13. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

'Generals' was A good one as well, the Pathfinder units from 'Zero Hour' rock, they remind me of when I used to equip Tanya with sniper rifles in 'Red Alert' (no infantry is safe!)

in 'Yuri's Revenge' the Battle fortress is wicked!

Cant wait to play the Aliens, their tech tree is probably going to be realy complicated though!

14. InfernoCannon

I agree, it probably will be complicated.

Though, they can build basic infantry quickly at the cost of them being weaker. Once you get into the higher tech requiring units... I'm already giddy with the prospect of those Annihilators.

Has anyone seen the Alien take on the Red zone (I think that's it) Those tripod things may be what Annihilators look like. I wonder if they leave a shell behind like the Avatar Wrenchmen (NOD) and the Juggernaut (GDI). I'd love it if they do. Send a couple of engineers to take them over, and BOOM! Good-bye aliens, or for a skirmish, goodbye GDI!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  15. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

I have a feeling that the alien infantry units are going to be eirily similar to starcafts zerglings, what I dont get is why they always make them insect like, I personaly feel that a humanoid fucker would be far more terrifying

I personaly cant wiat for the predator tank, the GDI's answer to the Mammoth tank, faster, less armour but with a potential rain gun upgrade.

16. InfernoCannon

The name itself sounds awesome. And, i'd like to make a little correction. The Mammoth tank belongs to GDI. In this one though, it can strike air units so it reminds me slightly of the Apocalypse tank from Red Alert 2. Actually, the Predator tank me a more mobile but weaker/cheaper version of the Mammot. Or a slower, and more powerful/expensive version.

Here's some videos I found through the link M1ndless found. http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/823/823989/vids_1.html And, after finding out Kane, once again, lives I feel like going on a NOD parade...

I set one of these pictures as my background. It's the one with the large Humanoid firing a laser. It's the NOD Avatar Wrenchmen.

And the reason for the insect aliens, I think it's because reptilian alien lifeform have been done to deat, as well as humanoid. And now, insects are becoming done to death.

17. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

oh yea, shit I forgot about the Mammoth Tank, I get confused because it belongs to the soviets in RA.

Looking at those alien tripod like hulks makes me think a little too much of 'War of the Worlds', although It still works well.
    You also Have got to love the Light distortion from the 'portals' and weapons, I love how you can see the heat from underneath the Orcas and such!

18. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

19. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

Great linky Anubis!

Have you read the comments? Some of these guys are whining about the fact that the game is so fast. As far as I can see it thats the way to go because on top of trying to defend and attack you have a sense of great urgency because you know how fast the other fuckers are going to be throwing themselves at you.

28th of march I am going to get it, I don't really give a damn how much it's going to cost, and if it doesn't come of in the UK at the same time I will have to get it from the states!

20. InfernoCannon

Nytmare, I have news for you! In the US, it is being released on the 30th of March, which means it's likely to come out ine England on the 28th! I think anyway.

However Anubis, cheers for the link. I already kenw of the stuff but didn't about the fact that the aliens could walk iover Tiberium unscathed. That's unfair! I can't use tiberium as a defense unless i'm alien. Actually, sounds good!

I like the spectator bit. It'd be pretty awesome watching a competive match like that. Entire leagues could be set up, just without transfers!