1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

KOTOR 1&2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Played these awhile ago, loved 1, hated 2. 2 just seemed to forced and Kriea(sp?) annoyed the shit out of me.

1 had an awesome storyline, even if you could see it coming, and felt like it had more action.

2 is well known to be missing large chunks, enough that there's a restoration project ongoing.

1 had alot of graphics bugs that resulted in some annoying spots, but nothing like the crash problems pre-patch 2 had.

Both incredible games for being RPG's set in SW's land though

2. DGD

DGD Headmaster

I loved these games, one more than two.

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I disliked one, it was boring IMHO. Spent nearly a week straight and slept very little beating it with my friend on X-Box and all the button mashing and delayed hits just pissed me off.

Can the fighting system and I'd love it.

In fact, use the Battlegrounds system with locked 3rd person and I'd 100% love and endorse the game to everyone.

4. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

I have to say that I enjoy playing KotOR 1&2, and they were both remarkable games, in their own rights. The Sith Lords was definitely reshed near the end, that would have been obvious to a blind monkey, but it does definitely have a general advantage over the first one. I think, had Obsidian been alowed to take as long as they wanted to complete the game, it would have been absolutely fantastic, instead of the very good it is now.

Midknight said:
    I have been on their site several times, and I am truly amazed at the dedication that they are putting into their massive mod for the game. These people are going to be restoring almost all of the cut content back into the game, from the full duel with Visas on the Ebon Hawk, to the Droid Factory on Telos. I honestly can't wait.

5. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Liked 1 a lot more then 2.

2 was way to easy since you could just cast Force Storm twice and everything would be dead.

If you want a bit more of a challenge in these games i suggest playing them solo in Difficult mode.

By the way did anyone else find HK-47 funny?

6. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

HK-47 was awesome.
    I loved Kotor 1 and it's probably one of my favourite games of all time... Kotor 2, well, I played it pre-patch and that was just painful... managed to completely kill any chance of swoop racing on my save file by retiring the first time I played.
    I played it again more recently and enjoyed it but I thought it got a bit tiresome - takes too long to get the lightsaber ^^.

If someone could link to that mod then that would be nice, it sounds like it would make the game worth replaying.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I played KOTOR1 and liked it very much. At times, it might have been too console-like for my taste but it was still a great game, with excellent storyline and serious gameplay (no hack & slash bullshit).

I had installed KOTOR2 some time ago, but never found the time to play it properly. From the little I've seen, seems exactly like KOTOR1... dunno whether I'll ever finish it.

8. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

The graphics engine for KotOR2 is exactly the same as in KotOR, so it will look and feel very similar, but there is one massive difference between the two: infulunce. The people at Obsidian created a system for The Sith Lords that would mean that you would have to carefully choose which conversation option you pick when speaking with your party members. I've played through the game several times over the past year, with every combination of PC, and it does have quite a bit of replayability. Not only with the fact that most items will be randomly generated for the containers around the game (I once pulled Mandalorian Assult Armor out of a footlocker on Peragus), but you can only aquire certain party members based on your gender and alignment; Mira if Lightsided, Hanharr if Darksided; Handmaiden if male, and Disciple if female. These things do help to make someone want to come back and play through the game several more times.

Aparently, if you played through the game a third time, there were supposed to be some little Easter Eggs the creators threw into it, like increased dialogue options, more clever in-jokes, etc. I don't know if these things actually made it into the final game or not.

9. Midknight

The link for the KOTOR 2 restoration project is:
    http://www.team-gizka.org/

Amazing job they're doing.

I wouldn't count influence as a plus totally, I get very annoyed trying to find ways to gain influence with certain ppl, to the point where I gave up and went to gamefaqs. I'll give it another go now that I beefed my system up and see what I can do.

I forget the name of the force power I had as a Sith, but it was like instant win. I'll repost Info on my chars if I ever replay them.

10. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    I've never played them, and probably only will if I happen to get Virtual PC.

11. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

i liked the games... personally there were some aspects of two i liked and think would have made one better but two didnt do it for me like one did.. the fact that they stuffed hk-47 in two just kind of irritated me...

one was great though dispite all its flaws... i happen to be a hk-47 amd dark!bastila fan... though i enjoyed mission as well... to bad you couldnt turn her... played it a few times then downloaded a mod to turn Juhani when you go dark and make bastila harder when you went the light path... even made malak harder and gave him a black and silver-ish more sithlike look... (PC version obviously) .... PCGaming Mods has some pretty decent mods for one and two...

12. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Uhh Vash? The code doesn't seem to like you. You might want to get rid of the space after the url.

13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

There, I fixed it for ya Vash. :)

14. Antivash

ahh... the ever helpful sree... tank you..

15. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

I've played both 1&2 and right now I prefer 1. But I would definitely like to play Kotor 2 again when the fixed version comes out. 2 was more predictable than 1. The part where Malak speaks with you on the Leviathan and what he says came as a huge surprise for me.

I did like where HK-47 got the 'meatbag' reference though. It was even funnier since my character was a girl and he was saying that she had all those 'squishy parts'. I thought it was only because my character was a girl but when I played it again with a male character, I got the same reply. Looks like we're all organic meatbags just the same.

16. Midknight

HK-47 kicked ass, I found a mod somewhere that made him look like a evil C-3po, heh.

2 was just too.. eh for me. I hated the old lady, and all the characters were too whiny.

17. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

Thanks for the mod links.

Has anyone else read any Kotor fanfiction? I spent a few days a while ago just going through all the good ones I could find... mostly Kotor 1 Revan/Bastila fics. Love that pairing.

18. Midknight

19. Antivash

aye... do cough up the links..

20. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

Ah... sorry, I didn't save any of them. It was a while ago now so :oops:

Just search on ffnet. Most of them are in the 'star wars' category I think rather than the 'kotor' category.