1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Let's shit on Daphne

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lopeck, Jul 12, 2020.

1. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

She has a name that is close to Hermione's. And that's it. So she is also irrelevant.

2. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    She was Vlads waifu.

3. NewtScamander

NewtScamander Banned

A poor man's replacement in the fandom to Fem Blaise. She never could replace Fem Blaise truly. I miss Fem Blaise.

4. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I'm sorry, who?

Is this someones OC, I don't quite remember any 'Daphne' from the books, though it has been a while since I last read them.

5. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

WTF is this, "Let's troll DLP day"? Christ, I can barely keep up with the troll threads that have been popping up this morning/afternoon.

6. Goten Askil

Goten Askil Groundskeeper

Well it IS Shitpost Sunday, even though today's one of the most... prolific that we've seen in a while, I think.

Daphné is Malfoy's sister-in-law and was one of Pansy's cronies according to WOG, I don't see how anyone can possibly shit on her more than the universe already has.

7. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

You do know about shit post Sunday right?

8. Mestre

Mestre Professor

I never really wrote anything about why I ship Harry and Daphne.

[​IMG]
    It’s not because I have limited time or reasons. I just felt that the reasons were quite obvious, especially from a literary stand point.

When I first read Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, I knew that Ron and Hermione would end up together and I thought Harry would die. It was only after I finished reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix that perception changed, and it was only because of Daphne Greengrass.

For me, there was no point in creating Daphne Greengrass if she’ll not figure greatly in the life of Harry. Slytherin didn’t have to have another person with a last name starting with a G for the O.W.Ls. It could easily have been one of the already established characters like Gregory Goyle.

So what was her purpose? Certainly not to be a wallflower. Centainly not to be Harry’s friend, that’s what Hermione and Ron were for.

By the end of the fifth book, it was very clear that Daphne was created to serve one purpose and one purpose alone: to be the love interest.

As a Literary student, the symbolisms in the fifth book were hard to ignore: the hero, the unreachable, the sun, the moon, Apollo & Daphne, the sword, the enemy, the trapped prince, and the rescue.

I remember having conversations about it with the friend who recommended the books to me and we were arguing, not of whether Harry would end up with Daphne, but when. For us, it was a certainty: not an “if” but a “when”. That was it for me.

There wasn’t a doubt in my mind that Harry would end up with Daphne.

Literary history dictates this to be true.

So, for you haters, here are my answers to those life supports you’re all still clinging to:

1. Daphne is an OC/underdeveloped: If Daphne didn’t develop in the course of the seven books, then why do some of you prefer that Harry end up with Ginny rather than Daphne? How in heavens name did Ginny develop?

Back to Daphne: so to say Daphne was less developed as a character than others is just untrue. Personally, I don’t understand why Daphne and Haphne haters don’t nitpick on how Neville became such a confident leader in the latter part of Deathly Hallows - why isn’t fandom giving him a hard time on that: that transformation of Neville also happened off the pages, the same way Daphne developed off the pages from a edgy 11-year-old girl to the young lady Harry marries after The Deathly Hallows. What’s the difference between Neville and Daphne in that regard?

2.The pairing was forced: Really? How is that? JKR has been planting seeds of this romance since Daphne entered the Hogwarts Express in the first book; it was solidified when Harry noticed her in the fifth book.

There were little snippets here and there, but since most of you were too busy ignoring the anvil hints of Harry and Daphne's romantic development, you just imagined a romantic one between Harry and Ginny, right? Disgusting And now here are my reasons why I ship Harry and Daphne:

1. Because the loudest sound is love unspoken.

2. He doesn’t love her because he needs her; he needs her because he loves her.

3. Because in this life, there’s only one person who can give you butterflies – in Harry’s case, the cold knife piercing his heart.

4. Because when you find the person who can make you forget of all the bad things in life, that person is worth everything.

5. Because he doesn’t need her to be in his life, HE WANTS HER IN HIS LIFE.
    There’s a million things to add to that list, but I want to keep it short and simple because yes, in the Harry Potter universe it was easy to decide who would end up with whom, some people were just too myopic to read what was intended to be read.

9. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Ah. Yeah, I know about shit post Sunday. I just kinda maybe thought today was Monday for some reason... Fucking quarantine, making me lose track of time...

10. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

Just set your time by when there are trolls on DLP and it's always Sunday.

11. NewtScamander

NewtScamander Banned

Why do we need to pair Harry with one of Malfoy's whores?

12. haphnepls

haphnepls Seventh Year

This thread is a blasphemy.

13. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Only the enlightened can understand Haphne, one day you may understand.

14. Goten Askil

Goten Askil Groundskeeper

For the same reason you quote a post and then ask something unrelated?

Haphné is life, the only superior pairing is Harry/Daphné/Ginny.

15. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

Daphne stole Hermione from Ron

16. Mestre

Mestre Professor

If Ginny is Slytherin and stops talking with her family of blood traitors, it is fine. One must walk in the path of neutrality.

17. aAlouda

aAlouda High Inquisitor

If you take out of book stuff as Canon the Daphne was both a blood purist and a friend to Pansy Parkinson. So when the books mention Pansy and the Slytherin Girls making fun of Harry and his friend you can be pretty sure Daphne was among them, she also most certainly wore one of those Potter Stinks badges inf GoF.

18. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

Uh, not sure you know how that works.

19. Mestre

Mestre Professor

You need the peasants to work for you and make you look good, purging the blood traitors would be a waste of resources. Like I said, only the enlightened can understand Haphne.

20. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    imo Daphne should have the fanon rep of being cursed-sick instead of her sister astoria. Why? Because daphne should have a curse that allows her to use magic ice powers

upload_2020-7-12_17-2-51.jpeg