1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice

WIP Lily and the Art of Being Sisyphus by The Carnivorous Muffin

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Stan, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Auror

Latest chapter was vaguely depressing but looks like Lily will stop moping around now.

2. throwaawy

throwaawy Second Year

3. Coffee Break

Coffee Break First Year

The author outright admits in the ch1 closing note that's she's never seen or read Naruto and all her knowledge of the show comes from fanfiction.

Generally I would stop reading such a story on principle, yet... why does it have to be so much fun to read? :rolleyes:

4. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

That dip into the Naruto-verse was fun. Looking forward to when Lily gets killed and then just gets better.

5. isaacssv552

isaacssv552 Squib

High Score:
    I'd give this fic 4/5. Great concept and very engaging at the start. Past about chapter 30 it starts to drag a bit, which is a common issue with longer fanfics (especially humor).

6. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman Moderator DLP Supporter

Finally an update, with chapter 37:

I really enjoyed her approach at Quidditch, though the author bends the rules a bit. I also liked Lily's musing about the Hermione-Problem. In a way, this half-year old sidefic expands the chapter and Lily's thoughts: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11499939/1/Merrily-We-Roll-Along

Oh - and we learn how far the author is following canon:

The Chamber of Secret is opened.

7. hp1764

hp1764 Squib

High Score:
    Always a good laugh, but with enough plot to make it highly interesting.

8. Stan

Stan Order Member

9. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Muggle

High Score:
    As my first vote on the site, I must give this a 5/5. Why? Because it meets my requirements for the 4/5, namely that "I genuinely enjoy reading this", and that the story has a tone to it, one that clearly identifies the story. The absurdity and surrealism of the story is what holds it all together, and I love the story for that.