1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Quality Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by skalpy, May 1, 2009.

1. skalpy

skalpy Muggle

First post, whoopee.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm a relatively new HP fanfic reader and I was hoping some of you more experienced DLP fic-readers on this site could help me with my search. The stories I'm looking for would preferably contain these qualities:

1. Preferably Post-DH/HBP, in that the story (loosely) follows canon and isn't AU or too AU. (or at least comes close to JKR's template)
    2. Harry kills Voldemort but assumes Voldemort's place / becomes a new dark lord / turns evil and fights against the Order, etc.
    3. Hermione/Luna/Cho/Ginny(if no other capable females left) joins him on the dark side.
    4. Well-written, multi-chapter in length. Novel-length preferably.

If that's asking too much, well, I guess I'll just have to suck it. But hopefully some of you guys who have read tons of fics would know of some that fit these criteria. Or at least, get close enough to be enjoyable.

Thanks ahead of time. Looking forward to posting more around here, if you'll have me.

2. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I would suggest you go to the library, as this is what it's there for.

And no, not the library you're thinking of.

3. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Do you mean a general Dark Lord, or that he takes Voldemort's followers as well?

If you want a Harry turns bad, there's plenty. A Harry that becomes the new Voldemort is not exactly rare, but I don't think there's any good ones.

4. skalpy

skalpy Muggle

@Howdy: I'll take a look. I warned you I was new hah.

@Grub: Either one. He doesn't necessarilly have to become the next Voldemort, but definitely doesn't stay on the side of good.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Are you trying to prove GinnyPotter correct when they say all we love is violence, gore, harems, and evil Harry? -_-

6. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Considering Harry is supposed to be the contrast to Voldemort and the epitome of light, that's a bit of an oxymoron. If you're really new then I would advice you to explore the field a bit before targeting on anything specific, especially Dark!Harry. A good Dark!Harry is somewhat uncommon. If you know from other fandoms that you enjoy all dark main characters then simply check the Dark Arts section. Also, the Independent section will probably have a few goodies to offer you.

7. skalpy

skalpy Muggle

Well, from my readings of the books, Harry gets very close to the fence when it comes to good vs light, anger, and all that.

Parents killed in cold blood (betrayed by a friend), godfather gets killed, family friends get killed (lupin, tonks, mad-eye, etc.), his friends get killed, he watches helplessly as dumbledore gets killed, he has to go into hiding for months... Those are just a few of the experiences that could easily push a guy over the edge.

What I mean by loosely following canon and "isn't AU or too AU" is that it follows JKR's script so-to-speak, but all of the above experiences push Harry too far.

I'm not much of a writer, but maybe I'll just have to take this opportunity to work out my own fic with the themes I'm looking for.

I was hoping somebody more capable than I would have written something like this already, but I guess I'll have to keep looking. (and yes, I'm working my way through the Library, thanks for the tip Howdy)

edited for grammar

8. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Wait.

There are harems?