1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Planet 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Agnostics Puppet, May 15, 2010.

1. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

So... anyone play? I got it the other day and Im enthralled. HUGE bosses, good gameplay and it reminds me of monster hunter done right.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I liked the first one, but it kept crashing on me, and for some reason I lost interest in it early on, how's it different this time then just being a heat vampire?

3. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Less reliance on thermal energy for one. Its used to heal yourself and power the VSs (mechs) and the VS weapons which you can use without a VS. The Akrids are HUGE too. And I mean huge. The biggest Ive fought so far was the size of a train.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Got this from gamefly. Sent it back after a few hours. The game just made me rage. The controls themselves made me throw the controller a few times on the 360. I'm going to put it simply here developers, if the damned zoom isn't on the left trigger, or I can't MAKE it get there via the config menu, I'm not going to bother with the game from now on. Mapping it to the dpad, making me lift up from the analog sticks to zoom was a retarded design decision. I wound up moving it to the bumper, but I'd constantly go for the trigger and deplete my grenades.

Needz moar thermal energy... why? I'm in a fucking sweltering jungle in the same suit I was rolling around in the frigid cold with. I like how the transition makes zero sense. Hey, sub zero degree weather, BLAM sweltering 100+ heat in a rainforest... with icebergs in the water. I wound up not being able to see what was going in in much of the jungle level, annoyed me to no end. The anchor controls are still beyond ass, they kept that retarded spamming the B button to deploy the beacons, and the enemys still have a habit of just standing there doing nothing at times.

I popped the game in and was confused as hell. It took me a good few minutes to figure out that campaign mode I was looking for expected me to play it either online, or with brain dead AI that don't understand the concept of guarding anything, or actually doing respectable damage. And wtf is the slot machine???

Hated it for the most part, but I did like the incredible detail they did, and the boss fights. The control and aiming system are pure shit to me, so I said screw wasting time on it and sent it back. On the PC with a few tweaks it might be better, but on the 360 I just didn't like it.