1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Magic in HP is real

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by entropy843, May 3, 2020.

1. entropy843

entropy843 First Year

Well,I think magic in HP is real in a psychological sense. It means average Joe won't have an existential crisis when learning the existence of this kind of magic for the first time and can carry on his normal life. Most people won't kill themselves or bang their heads against the wall or feeling off all the time if magic in Harry Potter becomes a thing for real,even though magic in Harry Potter is very mysterious and practically contradicts all the scientific facts and physical laws we know today.And not to mention it might have some minor contractions within itself. For most people(muggles or muggleborns),it will gradually become normal and acceptable.

Maybe it's not that important that magic can't be explained and integrated into the modern science framework,because it isn't meant to be real in a rational way. What needs to be kept realistic is the depictions of people.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know its shit post Sunday, but really?

You think the books were published to prepare people for the eventual reveal of magic being real?

2 questions for you.

What are you smoking? And where can I get some?

3. entropy843

entropy843 First Year

Let me see,pages of printed Harry Potter. You can get them on Amazon or a bookshop. Although I think it's probably okay to steal some pages from those in libraries.

4. Mordecai

High Score:
    I was onboard with the joke until you suggested stealing from libraries. Seriously, fuck people who do that.

As an aside, it makes your posts much easier to read if you put a space after your commas.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

I mean magic is real. How else could COVID exist?

I heard the ICW was coming down with heavy sanctions on the PRC's magical community after one of their magical creatures escaped and bit someone...

6. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I think you make some good arguments. However, I suspect magic is not real because, as far as I can tell, Joanne Rowling isn’t an anagram for Hermione Granger.

Legit, if it was, I’d be on board.

7. entropy843

entropy843 First Year

I am not delusional enough to believe magic is actually real. Maybe it's just my terrible English or general incompetence in expressing my thoughts. I didn't mean anything like that.

If Harry Potter magic is real in the world we reside in,it's more likely to turn into a complete disaster rather than a solution to our problems.The dark side of it may be severely overlooked.Truth to be told, I don't want it to be real in this world that I deeply cherish.However If it's real,I hope human will never grow too reliant on it.

8. Mordecai

High Score:
    The awesome news for you, is that magic ain't real. So you don't need to worry about humanity growing over reliant on it.

9. breadpudding

breadpudding Squib

I suppose the premise is like actually finding out there are intelligent alien life forms outside of Earth... People do believe all sorts of things anyway.

10. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jesus @Mordecai don't crush the kid.

You do you, @entropy843. Believe in the heart of the cards.