1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Magical Crystalline Web-Matrix: Unit Alpha By Smfiction - PG-13

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by headbanger22, Jun 19, 2008.

1. headbanger22

headbanger22 Third Year

Title: Magical Crystalline Web-Matrix: Unit Alpha
    Author: Smfiction
    Rating: PG-13
    Genre: Drama,Horror
    DLP Category: General?
    Pairing: Na
    Summary: The ancient sleeper has awoken; the truth once so carefully hidden behind the lies is revealed to all...
    Link:http://www.ficwad.com/story/100290

This story is a bit of an oddball. It currently has only one chapter that is 5179 words long. There are a few interesting ideas that i have not see before, I am looking forward to seeing where he goes with this fic.

I have to give this one at least 4/5 that will rise or fall depending on whether he cocks it up or not.

2. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

The idea of a Magical Crystalline Web-Matrix is an interesting one, it reminds me the thran crystals from the multiverse of MtG which are partially charged with magic and than used as power source...

The way of charging said matrix as well as the consequences were to be expected, that is all to say about it...

While the idea is a good one, I see no point for this fic. It is approximately year 2500 and Harry Potter is angry and wants revenge... gee, how original...

3/5

3. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

I think that this fic is an interesting change from the commonplace "Harry haet Dumbledore, get revenge" type story. 4/5

4. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

The idea of the crystal matrices is an original and highly interesting one. So far, the story is only beginning, and it can either go up or downhill from here. I'm naturally wary of fanfiction written in the first-person, so I'll hold off on rating this.

5. Dark-Stallion

Dark-Stallion Professor

Title just sucks ass, seriously. It's like calling Romeo and Juliette "A romance hindered by feuding families"; it's a summary in itself.

On the content, not too bad. Reads easy enough, but too short to judge. I'll reserve the right to rate it later on, after more chapters.<O:p</O:p

Dark-Stallion.

6. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

It sounds intruiging. Harry as a sort of being and object more than a simple person gives it another view. First person view can often be annoying and way too anti someoneorother but so far it is pulled off to acceptable heights. However, it needs more too it to truly be judeged.

From what there is, almost a 4/5.

7. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes, the name is stupid. Yes, the story is pretty original and well-written so far. Yes, I will keep tabs on it. Yes, I'm not quite ready to rate it yet either. I can see this easily go really well or really badly.

-J

8. Vegemeister

Vegemeister Seventh Year

Lol at last line:

Harry Potter is AnGrY!!!

9. watersoft12

watersoft12 Looked into the void

This whole thing is one giant summary. Blah blah blah. Show don't tell goddamit.

1/5

10. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Well, there has to be some kind of synopsis, especially with a plot device as complicated as this one. Give him a little time before deeming it worthy of a 1/5.

11. Inziladun

Inziladun First Year

Great Idea, now were is he/she going to go from here? some kind of Resident Evil? Harry has control over the muggles' magic, but he's got no body, so I don't know if I'll like this story yet, The prologue is great, now we need the story if we want to actually vote it.