1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

The quote button keeps crapping out on me, booo.

I don't get the problem with this and I think I explained my thought process there as well as I can.

No? Hell no.

I am not townreading Fable for wallowing in self-doubt. If that were the most notable thing about his play this game, I'd be bringing a lynch down on his head for keeping his options open.

It should be clear at this point that I've scumread you all game, in varying amounts? With moments where you made good posts and I started to think I was being stupid for pushing the guy everyone else thought was town. I mean, that's the entire reason beru wanted me to fight you, because we'd been side-eyeing each other and it would help them read us both better.

IIRC I was waffling a bit on Fable at that point (leading to me rereading him today / last night) and had GH and Miner as strong scum reads. That put you at fourth on the list. Things have changed since then, yeah. I've reconsidered Fable, GH flipped town, and we've entered a lylo where you're soft-defending Miner. Hence I return to my previous suspicions.

2. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I think miner is scum. This phase, I dislike his lack of comment on the bears kill, I don't believe what he expressed in his initial Rubicon vote, and I'm concerned he's misrepresented self-meta/overly focused on narrating self-meta. Throughout the game, I feel he's been less town than everyone remaining.

I've liked you throughout the game for WIM and tone. I started trying to read FFR meta, and the posts per day made it hell so I didn't get very far, but I was concerned by how tonally similar you seemed as both alignments (...it occurs to me now that checking MU games would've been good - I might right now??). I'm iffy on your D3 progression of GH/Fable --> resetting and kinda carbon-copying GH's reads? The fact that I dunno that I believe you believed the GH/Fable tunnel kinda feeds into why I don't think you're /with/ Fable. I find it jarring how you seem to express liking most of my posts a lot, but multiple times a day phase you end up asking someone some variation of "wait so why do you have this read on Delphine??" with a tone that it seems cray. Also feel the weirdest about your manner of townreading me this phase. Probably most importantly, I'm really bothered by your interaction with GH in which you tell him that his push on miner was easy and yours was better. It seems /really/ self-conscious and out of place.

I kinda believe Fable's AtE, but I'm also a bit worried I'm about to lose to it. But when I've tried thinking about him in terms of scumpairs it's felt relatively forced.

My only real tinfoil on Rubicon is honestly that I think his post count makes it easier for him to have not slipped. His posts are out of his scumrange as I know it.

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Odd considering that he didn't greet either me or GH at the start of this game.
    Odder still to see Miner actually wanting to get meta insight into a new player. "I always ask for links" directly clashes with his D1 this game.
    @Miner why weren't you interested in either me or GH, how we played, or links to our previous games?

This looks exactly like a post he made this game, but I see in reading through that /10 looks to be something he just says.

and
    Tie into #138 this game. Also puts #446, #518, and #520 in context. Looks to be from a similar mindset.

Looks very similar to his read on Rubi in #1279: "I lol at all of you who think that we're buddies"

Seems super certain and earnestly says Vaimes is wrong about him. Hasn't done that at all this game. Closest thing is telling Rubi that he'll be salty if mislynched for his D1 here.

Another /10.

"Sell me on a world" illustrates an openmindedness I have not seen at all from Miner this game. Actually, after looking for it, I think a lack of openmindedness is probably the biggest difference I see between these two games.

Compare to reads list here at #1279. Notable difference is he seems slightly more sure of his reads in MM#2 than in this list, but tone seems similar, and it looks good that he incorporates flips and other people's reads in both. Notable difference is his use of thread consensus in this list to TR Lyric, while disagreeing with thread consensus on Beru in MM#2. He does give additional reasons for TR of Lyric though. Other notable difference is Read of Vaimes at the start of this post being well reasoned and specific, vs the "in your face" type reads I've seen from him this game.
    Talking about what he would do as scum reminded me of #1209 here.

-------------------------------------------------
    Rereading his posts here actually made me notice more similarities than I thought existed between the two games, and I think there are more of them than there are differences.

I know we're short on time, and it looks like Miner is the lynch today 100% of the time, but I'm starting to really doubt he'll be a hit. I probably can't convince anyone, but I felt I should do due diligence ahead of time after what happened with GH.

Highly suggest everyone read

MM#1
    and compare to
    MM#2 before voting

--------------------------------------------------

GGWP if lynching him costs us the game. It was a fucking pain to play this, but it was good to meet you all.

@scumteam If I'm wrong and he flips scum, know that I am totally free the next few days and will turn this thread upside down finding his partner if you leave me alive. This has been an upward climb so far, but a red flip would make this game solvable again.

4. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Is there a reason you haven't tried to get miner in particular to go back to voting Rubicon?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Uhhh the /10 thing is because you used to have to have at least 10 characters per post.

5. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

oh rip.
    Go back to voting Rubicon? I mean, he concluded that the team was 100% Rubi/Fable. I was sort of absent 'cause of IRL shit for a good portion of this phase and was more focused on trying to figure out what the hell was going on when I came back. Didn't really think of who's votes were where right then.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Asmo do you want me lynched over miner?

I'm confused about what you want here cuz miner isn't around to switch to rubicon so the options seem to be me or miner.

7. Rubicon

Amrock tell is well-known. I include it on purpose as town just to spite him.

The question is, do you think it's scummy?

The Fable case is the main example, but I have definitely seen other examples. This case on me is filled with them. I'll try to find some examples from early game in a sec.

This approach to developing a read several people on the livelist have mentioned thinking is +town, incidentally.

This appears to be a summary of stuff I responded to above.

I mean, my reads are just what I think. I can be wrong, but it's a game. The best I can do each day is my best to analyze things and then vote what seems right to me.

8. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Fourteen minutes!

9. Rubicon

Reading the new posts.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The Miner link posts don't work, would like to glance at them real fast and see if you have a point.

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Try 100 posts/page.

11. Vira

High Score:
    Ten minutes!

12. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I should probably vote.
    --- Post automerged ---
    My stomach hurts.

13. Rubicon

I think that covers Asmo's entire case on me in enough excrutiating detail to be getting on with.

Would like to point out that MM1 was my first mafia game following a 1+ year break in which a lot of stuff happened. Some combination of being excited to be back + also being rusty and a little unsure of myself.

14. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Vote: Miner

Please

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

What? I don't think there's any option here tbh. I'm confident on Rubi, especially how he tried twisting the narrative of my case on him, but I don't think he can be lynched because you and Delphine are both against it. Less confident on you because I'm not 100% on Miner being town, but don't think I get you lynched either way. At this point I'm resigned to the Miner lynch and will quite honestly be glad for sleep if the game ends. Hope I die for the same reason (but will turn thread inside out if I don't).

16. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    You know what would make you feel better?

17. Vira

High Score:
    Mountainous Mafia #2 Votal 4.3

Miner [2] - Fable, Delphine.
    Fable
    [1] - Miner.

Not Voting [2] - Asmo, Rubicon.

With five players alive, it takes three votes to soft-lynch and four votes to hard-lynch!

Day Four ends on September 28 at 3pm PST.

18. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Why /aren't/ you two voting?

I'm used to being the waffley one

19. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Wow, talk about "misreading people's posts". Completely twisting my words. How he got that from:

Thoughts: I started to reverse my read on Rubi in reading the first part of this ISO. I thought that, perhaps, I only saw Rubi=Scum as a response to not working hard enough to make sense of other worlds and that tinfoiling too hard had led me to a wrong conclusion. This continued until I reached the phase after Fluff's lynch, when he began to push on GH. Since then, he gets progressively more agenda-y. The odd way he got on GH (outlined in my notes in #1120), followed by the progression the next day (post-Fluff) on GH also strikes me as off. Without actually making a case or saying why (beyond GH saying he's town except Miner), Rubi makes his reads list post where GH is on the absolute bottom, even below Miner. Another thing I didn't like is how he seems so sure of every lynch, and then just bounces back the next phase with a hard SR on the next lynch. His scumread on me today feels like OMGUS after I said I wanted him lynched today, considering I was at the top of his townlist yesterday. The reason he gave (that I've been misreading posts all game to make them seem scummier) doesn't pan out with how drastic a shift it is and I have a hard time believing he even believes it, considering his earlier townread of me was based on me solving (one doesn't solve by intentionally misreading posts to make them seem scummier), and considering the amount of times I've second guessed my reads. His conclusion that the scumteam is "exactly Asmo/Miner is strangely certain and absolute, given that this is lylo and he hadn't even reread at the time of posting that (he said he was on post 600). He cleared Delphine (understandable, I was doing the same until I forced myself to actually devote myself to solving tonight) and Fable (???) and basically chucked me and Miner into the remaining pile and declared us wolves.

I'll never know.

kk here we go

Vote: Miner

20. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Unvote
    --- Post automerged ---
    Unvote