1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Movies or TV Shows you wish were made

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Andrela, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Immet

Immet Seventh Year

World of Darkness would be amusing, just to see how much hate from different parts of the fandom they'll get.

World of Darkness is so mishmashed with stupid hyperbolic contradictory plot and themes that you need to basically remake the whole world with some themes, names, and characters you choose, and absolutely every single obsessive fan will be pissed off that their houserules and favourite supernatural character isn't shown as the most badass ever and that their favourite rulebooks version of reality isn't canon.

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I want a Captain Planet reboot. I unironically liked the cartoon when it was airing.

Also, this:

[​IMG]

3. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

There is a VTM tv show. It just wasn't very good. ^^

4. Villanelle

Villanelle Groundskeeper

High Score:
    If I recall correctly, this nearly happened. Instead, we got Once Upon a Time which is the super sappy version of Fables. And considering how downhill Fables went, OUAT isn't that bad by comparison.

I suppose Fables was my first foray into fanfiction. That's how the writer described it. "What if it was the same Prince Charming that married all these princesses? What if it was the same Big Bad Wolf? etc." So, it'll always have a special place in my heart, but I don't know if I would enjoy a re-read.

At any rate, Wolf Among Us 2 is imminent. The atmosphere of the first blew me away. The music and the colours were perfect.

5. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

A year ago there were talks about HBO doing Napoleon TV show based on Stanley Kubrick's unfinished film project about him. Only they wanted to do as a miniseries which in my opinion is a mistake.

It should be done as a 5 seasons TV show about the times Napoleon lived in with the cast of multiple main characters.

Napoleon should be the main focus because his life gives a perfect overall structure for the series. From his early involvement in the French Revolution (the first season). His campaigns in Italy and Egypt (the second season). His raise to become the Emperor and wins in early stages of Napoleonic Wars (the third season). The disastrous invasion of Russia and later defeats ending in his exile to Elba (the forth season). His unexpected and at first triumphant return that ends with the final battle of Waterloo and his second exile (the fifth season).

But the rest of potential characters could support their own shows too. From Nelson, who is Napoleon's indirect nemesis, to Wellington, who over the seasons would become the man who will defeat him.

From uncertain tsar Alexander to his influential sister Catherine. From Napoleon's first fiancée, Désirée, who later become a Queen anyway, to the woman he loved, but needed to divorce, Joséphine. From traitorous Talleyrand to ruddy Ney. From policeman Fouché to spymaster Schulmeister.

It's basically GoT, but based on actual historical events.

6. serbobiv

serbobiv Muggle

I would love a Girl Genius cartoon, that would just be Boss!

7. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I’d like to see a set of the Kim Stanley Robinson books made into movies. They are the same sort of realistic scifi that The Martian and even Interstellar made so popular recently.

Though we might be able to do without the last one. He went pretty hard on the Transhumanism bent on that one, and while it’s progressive, it’s a bit extreme for mainstream audience.

8. h2o

h2o Professor

HBO style series of Robin Hobbs works would be amaaazing! I know she's said she's open to it happening but it'd be a GoT sized project, but at least these books are finished. Seeing the Liveship Traders & Rain Wilds Chronicles coming to life on screen would probably be the most amazing parts!

9. Celestin

Medal of Honor from Netflix.

I suppose this kind of documentary works too.

10. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would love a Vikings style TV show based on the game Crusader Kings 2. Every season could follow a new medieval/dark ages dynasty or just a singular dynasty through multiple rulers to stay closer to the source idea.

A medieval drama which isn't entirely about people fucking would be great.

Then again, it is CK2 I'm talking about so seduction is a given.

11. Celestin

I'm recently reading a book called The Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court and I'm surprised that there is no famous film about working of the Supreme Court.

I would do it similar to 12 Angry Men, but their case would be something small and, at first look, easy to settle. Then the usual differences in the worldviews would make it a surprisingly hard to reach a join conclusion, something all Justices would want because of a recent articles in the press about their inability to agree on anything.

Director: Paolo Sorrentino
    Writer: Aaron Sorkin

Actors:
    Tom Hanks - Chief Justice of the United States [conservative / swing vote] - based on Anthony Kennedy
    Matthew McConaughey - Associate Justice [conservative]
    Viola Davis - Associate Justice [liberal]
    Daniel Day-Lewis - Associate Justice [liberal]
    Denzel Washington - Associate Justice [conservative]
    Meryl Streep - Associate Justice [liberal] - based on Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    Robert De Niro - Associate Justice [conservative] - based on Antonin Scalia
    Anthony Hopkins - Associate Justice [liberal]
    Judi Dench - Associate Justice [conservative] - based on Sandra Day O'Connor

12. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    All throughout reading the Deverry Cycle book series I thought about how it'd make a great tv show in a Game of Thrones style.

With the First act needing probably 2-3 seasons the second act only one and third another.