1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

NA Netflix: Babylon Berlin: Cops, Commies, Nazis n’Noir

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Damnyoureyes, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Damnyoureyes

Damnyoureyes First Year

Auror!Harry stories with a troubled Harry seem to be something of a theme for this site, so I figured this would be right up your folks' alleys.

Join Cologne inspector and traumatized WWI veteran Gereon Rath and an impeccable cast of of oddballs, nationalists, revolutionaries, dirty cops and historical personages on a trip into a passionately-rendered 1929 Berlin (not 100% perfect but about as close as I’ve seen,) as blackmail, Vice and revolution mix with arms-trafficking and diplomacy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not posting a trailer as i couldn’t find a PG-rated one.

The writing and production design are great, the characters are flawed and sympathetic... the show is a work of art.

Only minus is it's a subtitled German series so you can't throw this on in the background of anything as it requires a lot of reading.

Anyone else watching, and if so, what do you think?

2. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

Just binged seasons 1 and 2. German with subtitles, the English dub felt off.

Goddamn that was fucking satisfying. Just...excellent. Season 3 is up too having come out this year, so I’ll be delving into that.

3. Longsword

Longsword Banned

Season Three is a letdown compared to the last two.

The political machinations were more interesting than the plot involving the main characters.

4. Khaine

Khaine Fourth Year

High Score:
    I just started season 2 and am really into it right now.
    I initially tried to watch it without subtitles but man that German is something else.