1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naga's Shadows' Challenge #2: 4401

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Naga's Shadow, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Naga's Shadow

Naga's Shadow Seventh Year

If you didn't infer from the name this would be a 4400 crossover. The 4400 is a show on USA about a bunch of people who were abducted over time and returned all at once in the present. They were garbed out of time by people from the future who have seeded them in the time line in order to prevent some unknown catastrophe. Each of the returned 4400 were given some special power. Now the rules.

-Following his fifth or sixth year Harry is taken and returned with the other 4400. This passes in a moment for Harry but he vanishes in 1995 1996 and returns in 2004.

-Harry relatives are completely uninterested in getting Harry back and without a sponsor the English won't let him return. As such broke and underage Harry finds himself in Seattle, the setting of the 4400 for at least until the end of the second season. You don't need to focus on this time, but I think Harry ought to have some role in the 4400 storyline.

-When Harry does make it back to England he finds just how much things have changed in the past eight years. Voldemort is in power and only a token of resistance is left.

-Harry finds that his new power is a finer control over wandless magic, which is good because he does without a wand for the whole time in the States.

Thats the extent of the written challenge but I fell like including my ideas on this since I don't plan on writing it. Anyone who's watched the show knows about the Isabel plot arc. In a nut shell Isabel was seeded within the 4400 by a rival group, her purpose was to destroy the 4400 and prevent them from changing the time line. Here's my idea, in the original time line Harry challenges Voldemort and gets his ass righteously kicked. Voldemort builds an army in preparation of taking over the world. This army comes in handy when the wizarding world is exposed and the muggles attack. With other ministries caught unawares Voldemort becomes a hero leading the wizards to victory over the muggles. The muggles responded with nukes and the post-apocalyptic future world of the 4400 is created. With the wizards safe inside their warded cities and the muggles left to fend for themselves. The remaining muggles come up with a plan to alter the past so they win the war by seeding the time line with muggles with special powers, the powers are just a side effect the real reason was that all the muggles that were returned can see magic just like squibs can. Combined with their abilities the muggles will have the advantage when the war starts.

Harry with his new found magical power is to finish off Voldemort and kill, terminator style, the hero of the wizarding world before the war starts. When the wizards from the future contact Harry this opens up a whole new dimension of possibilities and could lead to a truly amazing story, at least I think so.

What do you think? Will anyone even try to write something like this?

Ps: The new season coming out on June 17th. :D

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  2. Amadan

Amadan Second Year

I would SO love to read a story like this.