1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Math, I'm still voting for Citrus. I liked a fair amount of that big red/purpose holy mess of a quote wall you and he had back and forth, but those end of day tone posts I brought up a while ago he never got back to me on, so I'm kind of in a holding pattern there.
    Citrus, when you can, if you could respond to this and this.

I talked about that here last night. I think I feel better about Pozzai after reading Rubicon's spew combined with the way he's been posting today... although at this point I think I can point to "gamesolving" stuff from every single one of you - like, I'm just handing out A's for effort and I need to look at some other tools for how to investigate people.

I've seen The Waco Kid getting a fair amount of pressure over the past few hundred posts - could someone link / write a summary of the case? The last time I asked about this, the only thing that stood out was how hard he was tunneling Titus, but that tunnel - even though it was wrong in the end - looked pretty genuine considering what Titus was pulling at the time.

Also, PSA:

I'll be on a ferry, driving, and at a baseball game for a large chunk of tomorrow. I'll check in on my phone but I won't be able to be as active.

---------- Post automerged at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Also seconding the ping on TMNTurtwig. Even if you're wrong about stuff, it's still incredibly valuable to have a confirmed town posting thoughts and offering opinions. A voice we know we don't have to constantly wonder if/how you're trying to misdirect us is huge.

You're probably gonna die to Kabuto puppeting or the real Poisoner or something pretty soon, so please help us try to solve this game before that happens.

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Wasn't voting because I was waiting on your vote count. Qg is my biggest scum read, but Waco is in the same tier. If there was a significant portion on Waco already, then voting Qg was a waste of time and I was willing to go to Waco.

That isn't the case, so

Vote: Qgqqqqq

It's 2:45 here and work starts at at 7, so I'm not gonna gonna get to deep into things, but Qg has been pretty defensive, which kinda makes me nervous. Also, I feel like he's been trying to subtly doubtcast Banks, which is ludicrous since Banks has done more to townfirm himself than anybody who hasn't done so mechanically. That fonti also felt that Qg was scum is just icing in the cake.

But yeah, that's it for me tonight. I'll give a little more substance tomorrow, but for now goodnight guys.

3. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The Waco Kid

Do you intend to respond to me at all?

---------- Post automerged at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

How do you have 259 posts in your QT???

That was entirely at Waco's big wall on me. The failure to include links is a result of that - perhaps a bit immature, but that is as it is.

I wouldn't say it's defensive, myself. I mean, look at what he thinks he's dinging me for - it's really rather pathetic.

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Newcomb -- I will add 2441 to the next vote count sorry.

Typhon -- And 2662. I don't like this recent post. It almost feels like "I want to lynch town but I will lynch scum of inevitable guys." He didn't try to doubt cast he asked a question about Banks. Difference established.

Q -- Reasons of awesome and immediately noting thoughts to events as they happen and my reads. A few of them maybe angry tirades when Titus tries to fuck with my mind but other than that just reads and such. I went paperless and did it all in my QT since newbies are playing. I know I am weird and newbies may not want to replicate my playstyle but I promise there is a brain here.

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright, what's the basis behind the Waco vote? Specific posts/links please.

Also; REMINDER TO ALL PLAYERS THAT WE HAVE 19 HOURS REMAINING IN TODAY.

I'm still not satisfied with Citrus response re; lynching Rubicon yesterDay. I'm iffy on Q. Didn't sleep well the past couple of nights and I'm feeling the ravages of that since I woke up today, jetlag-effect is awful.

---------- Post automerged at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

EBWOP: Forgot urls have their own inherit color. Let me repeat that loud and clear so that no-one can claim they missed it.

REMINDER TO ALL PLAYERS THAT WE HAVE 19 HOURS REMAINING IN TODAY.

---------- Post automerged at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

:facepalm

NEVER FUCKING MIND, I'M AN IDIOT THAT CAN'T READ CORRECTLY. 1 DAY 9 HOURS REMAINING, SORRY FOR THE FUCK UP.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Zenzao -- *hug* Do you want to get some sleep? I am trying to limit the barrage of information. I can write a wall but that would be more reading which I have been suggested multiple times to lower my post count soooo...

Short version: After I suggested that we do not lynch Pozzai interesting divisions started to emerge. Most uniquely between you and Citrus and Q and Waco. There is also the lurker class of Kalas and Typhon. I will not recommend lynching outside of this group. I cannot stress this enough.

Citrus and Zenzao feels town v scum. Both probably aren't scum. If both are town I would add Kalas in. That being said I'm not convinced to touch this with a 10 foot pole right now.

Kalas feels town but it is a very weak read. Could go either way. Typhon feels like scum and blatant role fishing and the self serving ordered list and not voting until reminded to. If you are going AFK for an extended period the answer is always to vote in case you can't get back.

Waco Kid vs Q is an interesting dynamic. Two of my scumreads being on Q makes me pretty certain Q is town between that and meta things. Waco Kid reminds me of when he was a hidden scum separate from everyone else in that he was coasting. Based on having read some things from that game and post 65/66 and that exchange Waco and Typhon are probably scum together.

---------- Post automerged at 06:15 ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 ----------

Of those two I think it is tied for who could be Kabuto so I am going with the more experienced player and because Typhon has had RL to give him a chance to play.

---------- Post automerged at 06:20 ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 ----------
    Snowvon -- I know you suggested Typhon Q Waco and Pozzai but scum has zero reason to bus here. None. Titus made a fuckery of some things and smart scum would not bus here. I do not buy your team. If you think that is the team I would like a case please.

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Fluff's Official Votal

Day 2 ends at: This Time (1.3 days left)

15 alive, 8 to lynch

The Waco Kid (3): Titus (#2598), Qgqqqqq (#2599), MathBlade (#2642)
    Qgqqqqq (2): The Waco Kid (#2526), Typhon (#2662)
    Pozzai (2): Snowvon (#2219), Atum (#2615)
    Citrus (2): Zenzao (#2436), Newcomb (#2441)
    Zenzao (1): Citrus (#2472)
    Atum (1): Titus (#2557)

Abstaining: Jan, Banks, Kalas, TMNTurtwig

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Thank you fluffy <3

Sorry my vote count was horrible :(

9. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    *returns hug* Too much on my mind IRL to sleep now anyhow, but yeah, it'd be nice, thank you.

So you're saying that Citrus feels towny while I feel scummy in a direct comparison between us? If so that's an interesting change from before the whole Titus Tornado touched down yesterday when it was about equal parts scummy between us. I'm not sure what more I can do to prove that I'm town after the initial tunnel on you so long into D1.

I don't mind you posting an elaborate rundown on Waco if you can make a stronger case against him. IIRC he was the next nearest scum-lean after Citrus, Pozzai and Q in my 1865 readwalls onward.

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Zenzao -- Sorry. Let me clarify. It means I think one of you is scum but I am not sure which. I would rather go after something Titus hasn't fucked with my reads on and vote likely scum and reread during the Night.

Give me a bit of time to boot up my PC and get settled.

11. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Ah, alright. Provided we both live through the Night that's fine then, thank you for the clarification.

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Most suspicious post is where Waco Kid seems to try to justify dropping and scooting. If anything it isn't Jan's hammer we should look at it would be Waco. I think Waco may have thought he was hammer and missed.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=831213&postcount=2097

His mechanics mess up is also not like him. Waco is calculating and plotting. This mistake in mechanics I don't buy. He is struggling to justify his actions.

13. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I'm on my phone so I'll read through the last couple pages and post my reads when I get to my computer.

For now I'd rather vote Citrus than Waco until I read more of his posts. All I can really remember about him is that I liked what he said about Xanidel.

14. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Post 65 and 66 I really see them being together on.
    I believe Typhon when he says he lost the post and is rushed for time but do not believe that this wasn't a way to build up town cred. One of the reasons one of them is probably Kabuto. If Zenzao is scum I don't see him being Kabuto. Citrus may be Kabuto except for a fringe case so mainly I want to focus here.

Back on post 65 and 66 The interaction about me and new players feels like Waco can get a quick town point and an interaction while making TMNT look really scummy. In the day open they accuse him of being 4th on a wagon that early. I have been wagoned super early before but this frustration feels off like there was a plan TMNT accidentally broke so they switched gears.

---------- Post automerged at 06:47 ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 ----------

With Citrus (by his thoughts) leading the charge on TMNT if I am right and there is scum between those two that would be a good strategy to try to lynch an inactive player. So the beginning points to a Citrus/Typhon/Waco team. Except Citrus could be genuine about it and Zenzao scum for the opening.

---------- Post automerged at 06:49 ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 ----------

Now for the next bit of analysis the D1 votal:

No Lynch (9): Titus (#2055), Pozzai (#2056), TMNTurtwig (#2058), Typhon (#2060), fontisian (#2061), Newcomb (#2077), Kalas (#2092), The Waco Kid (#2093), Jan (#2098)
    TMNTurtwig (2): Citrus (#645), Snowvon (#794)
    Pozzai (2): Atum (#683), Rubicon (#1885)
    Rubicon (1): Banks (#1504)

Abstaining: Qgqqqqq, Zenzao, MathBlade

---------- Post automerged at 06:56 ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 ----------

2051 and 2060 from Typhon look like blatant rolefishing. He doesn't state why. Only scum care about Sarotobi as they can kill when they die. In that case Sarotobi should never claim and let themselves be hammered and take out a scum. There is no reason to warn scum of what could come. Let them cower.

Between that and their reaction of Didn't expect this is rather obvious and just drops a vote to push no lynch forward. Notice a pattern anyone?

Plus Typhon and Waco have little to no interaction with each other.

---------- Post automerged at 07:01 ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 ----------

Now let's look at the D2 interaction. On D2 both Typhon and Waco vote Q with little to no interaction from anyone else. I would have expected a town Typhon to question their Q read a bit more with Waco such a high scumread of theirs. As I have pointed out the whole "If I have to vote scum I will" paraphrase. It is lukewarm and just eww.

I would bet that these two are scum together for these reasons.

---------- Post automerged at 07:02 ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 ----------

And yes sorry no links my ankle is killing me so that is a phone post.

---------- Post automerged at 07:03 ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 ----------

Hi townfirm!!! Millions of hugs for you for your Rubicon read!!! <3

Please elaborate! :)

15. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

The worst part here is you think you're actually right. I quickly checked the thread on my way to work and saw what was happen. Sorry my work schedule wass inconvenient for when TMNT decided to claim. In the only 2 other games I've seen with souping (Endgames & DLPHunt) the soup roles could be used at any time. Therefore I thought, we had to no lynch quickly to give TMNT a chance to use his judge power before getting souped.

16. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Waco Kid -- Please respond to Q before I respond to you.

And please respond to what you think about my Typhon points as well.

17. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

They accuse?... That was my point and it was true. And please ignore the quoted part were I also point out TMNT wasn't actually reading the thread because he clearly had no idea who posted.

Oh, yea sorry for telling the truth about your previous actions. I should have gone with the revisionist history and pretended the events of Filler Q never happened like you did earlier toDay (you know that game on DLP where you were scum...

I'm going to post from comment #129 from the Obs thread of that game, which was posted by Mathblade:

"I'm so glad I didn't let Sloth shoot Waco. That would have been horrendous. "

---------- Post automerged at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

@Q: What do I think: You served up a blatant softball question to Xanidel who had previously posted anything of note to try and take some attention away that he had been drawing.
    When you plan on posting a case on someone, anyone, and not just reacting and taking pot-shots at people let me know.

Mathblade: Just going to quote this post from the 7/4, because apparently I'm making up reasons to say why I'm not in the thread much toDay...

By the way Snowvon, you never answered that...

---------- Post automerged at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

I understand what your saying in regards to Typhon's post, and will try to do an ISO on him today to get a better look at it.

18. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

About your claims of RL etc. I do not ever think anyone is lying about RL and do not argue such accordingly. What I do argue is when RL can impact. I do appreciate you trying to play when you can. I am just making sure everyone gets heard like Q mentioned he had concerns with.

I completely agree that you had limited RL time because you said so but that doesn't absolve the vote. If anything there was time to let someone come on and vote. This vote just doesn't sit right with me.

And yes. While factual in nature there is still an accusatory tone. There is a difference between accuse and accuse. Like how one says "Jan was the hammer." Or "Jan quick hammered and we should investigate." The first is factual the second is accusatory. By all accounts Jan did hammer and rather quickly. That would be a truth. It doesn't mean I am not accusing.

And yes Waco. I did forget about that game because of personal issues and a lot about that thread I try to forget. That one quote is one of the few times I did something right in that game.

This doesn't explain away anything and I still see scumminess in these posts and see you with Typhon.

Again I am not accusing you of not having RL stuff. I just call out what looks strategic as I see it.

---------- Post automerged at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

To clarify I believe Jan is town it was just the easiest example I could think of.

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Please, you've got to be kidding with this garbage. Outside of Day 3 in that game, where everyone was essentially coasting because we were enacting the test on Citrus' mayor role, and had to wait for the end of the day with the hammer, i was actively going after snowvon all of days 1, 2 and 4. Correctly, as it turned out, despite being blasted from all angles mind you...

---------- Post automerged at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

And I'm sure your right, I probably don't have much in the way of interaction with Typhon. On the other hand, that's probably true of a number of the players in the game considering how caught up I got with my Titus read & subsequent pressure.

20. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I disagree with your interpretation of events. The thread is there if people want to look. My point is I think this is your scum meta. It feels more like you are trying to argue with me while quietly attacking my argument.

Let me ask you this: Who are your scum reads and why?