1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Manga Thread Part 3

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Jon, May 29, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Why are people surprised that villages e.g countries aren't demilitarizing their ninja e.g military?

2. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

People are still following this? This shit turned toxic a long time ago imo and going by what I'm reading here its only gotten worse. I'm curious as to what the hook is?

3. Mordart

Mordart Slug Club Member

Edit: Wrote response, deleted because block of text resulted with no spacing. *Sad Panda*

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  4. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Hmmm. Seems like Kishimoto took a look at DB GT, the new movie, then the million Naruto Vs. Goku threads in shitty forums and the like, and had an idea.

'I can be that shitty. No, I can outshit that shit. I must!"

5. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

"Mikio Ikemoto (池本幹雄, Ikemoto Mikio) was Masashi Kishimoto's third assistant during his fifteen years of working on the Naruto manga. In an assistant spotlight included with volume 6 of the manga, Kishimoto listed Ikemoto's duties as: "works as a 'mob', drawing crowds and background figures, adding the white to speed lines, highlights, and characters' eyes, and whiting out any art that goes out of the panel and into the gutter, as well as putting stars in the night sky, and adding in half-tones."

Ikemoto will illustrate the monthly Boruto manga series, written by Ukyō Kodachi."

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Mikio_Ikemoto

6. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

As long as Naruto and his generation are on the playing field I doubt anything too serious is going to occur. Once they are gone, however, leaving only their children (which I presume to be a step below them skill-wise), things will deteriorate. Take out the people who by their presence alone force others into peace, and eventually some form of power grab will happen. It does not have to be quick - a slow descent back into an increasingly violent circle seems probable.

Even if the power grab happens several generations down the line, only echoes remaining of a former golden age, that golden age was not born as such. It became one through centuries of warfare in which methods of killing were improved upon on a daily basis. Give humans, for now complacent in peace, the right incentive and another few centuries of war and they might surprise you.

7. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Here is my take on it. Barring any forced peace bullshit or Naruto being relatively immortal or whatever, I see this peace lasting for as long as Naruto is alive, not for generations after generations.

There are still a lot of grudges between the villages that were just glossed over for this peace. Like, Kumo routinely kidnapped, or tried to kidnap young children to either take their bloodline limits or to have them produce more bloodline users. That's just one of the things we know. No doubt, there are countless such heinous acts spread across all villages.

So yeah, let's assume everything is hunky dory and Naruto, being Naruto, is able to keep the peace by being BFFs with all the other Kage. As soon as he dies, that glue is gone. Or, let's be generous, the current gen of kage's are gone. There will always be power hungry people and while generally peace and trade are more financially stable and lucrative, there are still warmongers there or contrary characters that pop up like Orochimaru.

Or are we just going to assume that the Kage's kids are going to become the next in line, who also have the exact same ideological standpoint. Boruto may be a terrible character and human being but he alone is already different from Naruto and he virtually has no problems in his life. Imagine someone from another village with actual issues. Who says the next gen kids in Kumo or Iwa are going to agree with their past Kage? Or have someone anti bloodline again from Mist?

It really only takes one more ambitious Kage or Daimyo to take over for this delicate balance to topple and another armsrace starting up. As to the Bijuu, I can't see them liking humans as a species. They may like individuals, as is evident, but then again, that depends a lot on the individual in question and what age they are anyway. And we have seen that being a jinchuruki does not make one invincible, Naruto excluded but he had several bullshit things working for him.

So, yeah, I can see this peace lasting for one gen, two tops and then we get back to where we started.

8. chaosattractor

chaosattractor Groundskeeper

High Score:
    So basically Hashirama but a little more effective.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

9. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

Actually, not really.

If you were to go by that...Hashirama truly did change the world. He transitioned it from the warring clans era to the village era, which apparently really was more peaceful. Naruto changed nothing compared to what he started with - he hit a pause button for one/two generations.

Never mind what is gonna go down once you have mass-produced jutsu for use by mundane armies.

10. Nemrut

High Score:
    Here is the thing though. What really made the ninja dangerous weren't the jutsu they shot at others, which is what this thing can do. Don't get me wrong, we have seen that the right jutsu can do some big things, but I doubt that everyone will get rasengan bullets, seeing that only like four people can do that technique. Rather, the mass will get the common techniques like the fireball or other C-B rank techniques, and those were largely useless against mid to high level ninja to kill them.

Ninja though, are super fast. They can do stealth. They can change their appearances. There could be some counters to those, but mobility is hard to counter.

It's pretty much the gun analogy, where its invention and sophistication put several older styles out of business, only here, the gun is worthless if you have people who can dodge all the bullets with relatively low effort. Not counting S-class freaks, where some can regenerate or just not die or take damage.

Also, nothing stops the ninja from using that. Now they have all of what they already had, speed, strength, illusions plus access to jutsu they couldn't use before.

Dunno, I can see there being an anti ninja sentiment for the non-ninja folk but unless other explanations are given, I'm not seeing that arm wrist thing being able to topple the ninja system.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    You all are super hopeful if you think that Naruto and Sasuke won't be used as stepping stones to showcase just how legit/strong/serious/forrealthistime the main villain is going to be.

Boruto is the protagonist. Not Naruto, or Sasuke. Expect everything about them to be invalidated by the end of the series.

12. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Nemrut & Eilyfe

Pretty much my thoughts as well, from you both. Peace isn't forever.

Which gets to what bugs me even more than sharingan!hax... Jiraiya's dream was peace, and he left that goal to Naruto. Naruto managed it. And at the end of canon!Naruto it's treated as if it's 'done' and the problem of world peace has been solved. Everything will be happy forever.

But that's just not feasible. And it always bugged me in the story that no one ever seemed to recognize that the peace Naruto charmed everyone into is temporary instead of a permanent solution.

It's a shonen, and that's probably one of the main reasons why. But still. Rant over :p

13. Nemrut

High Score:
    To be fair, no one really expected the Naruto manga to come out with the solution to war and hate xD. I just wish it hadn't asked questions it knew it couldn't answer.

I mean, it was very telling that in the Pein fight, this was discussed and Naruto's response was "I've got this" with no solution or answer to anything.

14. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Or at least acknowledge that the answer they found wasn't permanent. In the epilogue, when Naruto was hokage and met up with the other kage... just toss in a line about how they were meeting to figure out how to make things last or something.

Anyway. The manga oneshot 'The Path Shone by the Full Moon's Light,' which featured Orochimaru's kid. He seemed a more interesting protagonist than Boruto... but I admit I am biased b/c I LOL'd when he demanded to know which of his parents Orochimaru was. Mother or father?

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I'm sorry guys, I just can't get over Hinata's double mastectomy.

16. Myrrdin Emrys

Myrrdin Emrys Disappeared

High Score:
    This.

On a more serious note, Boruto is going to suck. It won't have the flair, the, style the panache the original series held. This will be like ol' Rick writing the HoO series all over again. TL;DR, it's going to suck.

Why? It's because of the fact that no one will be terribly interested in Boruto, and even then, the interested will only spare a passing glance towards him. Tell me, who would you want to see in action.

Uchiha Sasuke, Uzumaki Naruto and the likes, or Uzumaki Boruto and Uchiha Sarada and their generation.

The only one I'm truly interested about is Mitsuki, Orochimaru's son.

17. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Τhe jutsu automatic launcher is so hilariously bad it's ... not quite good, but at least worth a laugh. I've been seeing it as a concept for years, none of which was good.

Hell, I added a fic to the library once, 'A Growing Affection' that was this huge epic that was mildly good a bazillion years ago and it had this concept and it was still cringe back then. The whole point of the one character who used it was just to ascertain that the concept, in fact, sucked, even in-universe, and it was still cringe as fuck.

There are not enough words to explain how much this concepts sucks at the basic level.
    Fitting for Boruto, then.

18. chaosattractor

chaosattractor Groundskeeper

High Score:
    And I'd argue that he made it a lot worse; the only real long-lasting change (in military terms) was that there were fewer players on the field and they were better organized to murder the shit out of each other. He never actually achieved his true aim: that children would no longer have to fight and die on the battlefield.

Granted, a lot of it was Madara's shenanigans, but there were three, *three* freaking World Wars in the incredibly short period between his death and the manga's main timeline, not to mention the introduction of MAD with the bijuu. It's even stated (not sure if in-manga, or in the databooks) that Hashirama's death was what sparked the first war. His peace only lasted until he died, and I count Naruto's as more effective because it will probably take at least a generation until shit hits the fan again.

19. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

Naruto's generation didn't see combat till they were twelve. Even in the middle of a desperate war, Obito and Rin and co weren't sent out until around that age. Meanwhile, the Warring Clans period apparently regularly had kids way younger fighting.

The fact that you can even count distinct periods of war compared to constant war is apparently thanks to the Village system.

At least Hashirama tried to change things. Naruto...didn't.

20. PotterFan

PotterFan High Inquisitor

As far as I'm concerned, the villain we see fighting adult Boruto, he's got the right idea about "peace". It can't last with ninjas running around. Maybe he or a group of people he was working with took out Naruto because they realized (rightfully so) that Naruto didn't bring peace, he was just a big stick that caused everyone to think twice about fighting.

And Boruto isn't any better. In the beginning he was a gifted ninja, but he's pro technology (even if its just to spite his dad), and that alone means that there would be a certain level of erasure or stagnation of skill on his part with time...but he changed his mind. By the end he's a real "ninja"... All dojutsus and swords and fuinjutsu tattoos. So he failed too. Instead of letting ninjas die out, he's trying to hold on to a remnant of the past that has waaaay too much potential to be abused for violence. Just like his dad.