1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oblivion...Who cant wait

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Randeemy, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Oblivion is edging ever closer. There are two big questions

1: Will it be game of the year?

2: Will it be the greatest PC game ever made (also on xbox360)

I think yes...!!...

2. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

WTF is oblivion?

3. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

The elder scrolls 4. That is, if you are into RPG's. Elder Scrolls 3 'Morrowind' was game of the year in 2001 (I think) Oblivion has been in development for 4 years and will be glorious...

4. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I've been an elderscrolls fan for ages so I'll be buying it once it's released. Looks awesome from what I've seen, and the radiant AI sounds great.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

If I wasted one whole summer trying to finish EVERY FUCKING quest in Morrowind, I'll sure as hell try this out... I don't think I'll have much time to actually play it, but hamster complex mustn't be underestimated...

6. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

LOL. I've been trying to complete all the quests since I bought the game years ago. The problem is I keep downloading mods and adding more quests to it. :D

7. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    With Oblivion, didn't the Devs go out and take pictures of evreything, including soil errosion, in order to make it all look right and realistic? Personally, I think that it will be PC game of the year, if not PC RPG of the year. Not THE game of the year, that I'm hoping will be something different. Not that I have anything against Oblivion, but I'm just hoping on something different. I'm not saying what thought.

8. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Morrowind is the greatest game i have ever played, and oblivion seems better, i am shaking in anticipation.

9. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I will be dropping a few thousand on a new computer just for TES3 and 4, very soon, so I would say I'm looking forward to it. I'm pretty peeved about them taking out levitation though.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Is the game with the amazing AI? My one friend (who's obbsessed with video games) told me that they had no formal script or something. Or something along those lines, don't really remember.

11. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

elder scrolls IV: oblivion= reason i got my xbox 360. based on the screenshots and the videos at gamespot it looks to be one of the best games of 2006. id be surprised if it didn't get a goty nomination

12. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

In answer to Sree.

13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Example 1: One character was given a rake and the goal "rake leaves"; another was given a broom and the goal "sweep paths," and this worked smoothly. Then they swapped the items, so that the raker was given a broom and the sweeper was given the rake. In the end, one of them killed the other so he could get the proper item.

Haha, that fucking rocks.

14. chronic dragon

Example 2: Another test had an on-duty NPC guard become hungry. The guard went into the forest to hunt for food. The other guards also left to arrest the truant guard, leaving the town unprotected. The villager NPCs then looted all of the shops, due to the lack of law enforcement.

i would love for that to happen when i play it. see all the looters looting and the guard comes back admist all the chaos. id stab him in the back

15. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

Sadly, Bethesda has been pruning back RAI because of 'balance issues', so some early examples might not make it in the final game. I know there is a lot of interest with some modders in 'unlocking' unhindered RAI though, so we might be able to enjoy it fully, just not out of the box.

16. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

17. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

18. chronic dragon

whooo i got it today for the 360. and i can describe it in one word: breathtaking. the character creation thing is so good. you can tweak your guys face to however you want. the graphics are freakin awesome. tress look so well done, the animals look lifelike. theres blood in this game, you can ride horses. the magic looks good so far. i have a hard time actually putting the controller down. oblivion=heaven.

19. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

I tried it out down at the local video games store a couple of days ago, and it totaly blew my mind! It is definietly going onto my 'Birthday Wish List'.

20. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Oblivion

I just bought and its now my favorite game ever, I spent thirty minutes just screwing around with the facial settings. The graphics in this game are amazing and the physics engine is incredible :D