1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official DLP Nuzlocke Run

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Mindless, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    My Raichou disagrees with you.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah crap .

3. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Question: What is the Electric type pokemon with the best moveset?

Errr, Electivire, actually.

Question: What is the Electric type pokemon with the best spe. atk?

Errr, Zapdos, I think.

Question: What is the tankiest Electric type pokemon?

Magnezone!

There it is! :3

4. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Update:

Well, I darted over to Route 32 to pick up a Mareep before Falkner in the hopes that I wasn't going to have to rely on one of my other Pokemon to tank. No such luck, I'm afraid, as I ran into a female Rattata who is impish and often dozes off - so appropriately, I named her Palindrome and kept going.

So after power-leveling my entire party to level 12, I went to face Falkner, and let me say this, he was a massive TOOL without Rock or Electric types and a level 13 Pidgeotto that had fucking Roost. I nearly lost KaiDASH the Beedrill, but my preservative instincts kicked in and I brought out Palindrome - who promptly schooled the damn Pidgeotto's ass with three successive flinching Bites. The girl must have rabies or something.

So after nicely kicking the asses of pretty much everything on Route 32 (and finally getting Anya the Zubat to the point where she's actually helpful instead of a massive hindrance - ie, when she learns Bite), I'm preparing to go into Union Cave, where I'm hoping to find a Geodude or an Onix instead of another Rattata.

Current Party:

Anya the Zubat - lvl 14
    Mourne the Gastly - lvl 13
    Fiat the Pidgey - lvl 12
    Palindrome the Rattata - lvl 14
    Mattsilver the Quilava - lvl 14
    Egg the Egg - lvl Egg

5. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Part two:

[​IMG]

Alive:

Anya the Dugtrio - LV30
    Calz the Charmeleon - LV29
    Xion the Pikachu - LV29
    Lutris the Butterfree - LV27
    Zeitgeist the Nidorino - LV27
    Seratin the Wartortle - LV24
    MattSilver the Pidgeotto - LV22
    Minion the Raticate - LV20
    Fiat the Pidgey - LV17
    Azira the Rattata - LV15
    Oddishaya the Oddish - LV12
    Kaidash the Spearow - LV10
    Aekiel the Spearow - LV10
    Klael the Zubat - LV9
    Irene the Nidoran - LV6
    OllieK the Jigglypuff - LV5
    MattGold the Pidgey - LV3

Dead:

Lungs the Magikarp - LV16

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I think I am going to buy yellow off ebay, your just making it look like to much fun :D

7. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I tried Nuzlocke on a run through the Light Platinum hack. I didn't expect to get rolled by bugs with rock attacks while using a lvl 6 Charmander on the very first route.

I also didn't expect to NOT find any healing spot until I got to the next town and made it through 4 trainers with 5 pokemon each.

Ash
  8. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Thinking of starting a HeartGold run with the standard rules. Just wanted to clarify something real quick: If I catch a pokemon in the grass and then go fishing/surf on the same route, does it count as a new 'route', or am I not allowed to catch it?

Also, beside the general first pokemon on the route/dead is dead rules, are there any other popular ones that are fun to go by?

9. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Started a Nulocke HeartGold challenge. Got a Totadile, named it Seratin. Got to Cherrygroove, got Running Shoes, then saved. The save screen then slapped me, said that I hadn't erased my previous file, and refused to answer my pleas.

Ten minutes of my life: gone. ;_;

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Heartgold instead of Soul Silver? I am disappoint Virachin :nyan:

11. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

No, only one per route/town. The water is still the same route as the grass, so it's one or the other.

Same for towns. In Violet City, you can trade to get an Onix. But if you do, then you can't catch a Pokemon in the water. In Goldenrod you can get Eevee from Bill or something from the Game Corner. One or the other, not both.

Other rules are... No potions/antidotes/general healing items in battle. Only those found in the game (not bought at marts) are permitted. It means you have to play more carefully and assess when best to save your potions for (generally the Pokemon League). Also, in battle you have to play smarter. You can't switch to someone, heal another and let that one die.

No legendaries.

No repeat of Pokemon lines. If you catch a Pidgey and it dies, then you can't catch another one from that evolutionary line. A bit easier is while that Pidgey is still alive, you can't catch another or a Pidgeotto. So if you find one first in a route, tough.

Those are the main ones I follow.

Edit: My 800th post is about Pokemon. Somehow, it feels fitting.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  12. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Ugh.

My choice to abstain from power-levelling because I simply have no patience for it has really tested my rage, but let me just begin with the good news - I now have a level 16 Togepi named Zennith and it is a BAWSE. He utterly raped Slowpoke Cave, and pretty much cleaned the clock of everything my rival threw at me.

However, the gym, while completely full of worthless trainers that all died to a single Ember courtesy of Mattsilver, also contains a despicable little pissant of unidentifiable gender named Bugsy, who brings out his/her level 17 Scyther first and decides to OHKO Matt before I can have crispy fried bug. FUCK. Frankly, it was my own fault for choosing to go into the Bug Gym two levels underlevelled with everything, but I fucking hate power-levelling in SoulSilver.

Honestly, what's going to be the death of me in this game isn't the challenge, but the sheer mind-numbing tedium of raising these Pokemon to a point where there's still tension and not overlevelled to the point of stupidity. And when you're playing on a DS emulator that doesn't run nearly as fast as it should, I've really got to question why I don't just yell 'Fuck it' and try on VBA emulation, which at least runs fast as all hell.

But I figure that now the game should be more interesting, because now I don't have a starter, but frankly, I'm going to need a Fire or Fighting type eventually, and neither of those are particularly common in SoulSilver (outside of the Rock Smash I taught Vira the Geodude).

Party List:
    Mourne the Gastly lvl 17
    Fiat the Pidgey lvl 16
    Zennith the Togepi lvl 16
    Palindrome the Rattata lvl 16
    Vira the Geodude lvl 16
    Anya the Zubat lvl 16

13. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I decided to do a HeartGold nuzlocke because I have the cartridge and I needed to get some more mileage out of the game so I decided to take up the task of going through this game all the way up to Red.

All was going great until the second rival battle, even the battle against the Bugsy's evil Scyther was pretty easy. The problem came right after that, the rival decided that he was going to challenge me cause I kicked Team Rocket's ass and he didn't believe me, his team was a cakewalk until he pulled out his Croconaw. That fucking hell beast killed 3 of my mons, only 2 of which I cared about, setting me back to near the start. So without further adieu the dead/living list.

Dead:
    Mishe the useless Togepi with Hustle instead of Serene Grace
    Anya the Bellsprout and you were so awesome too
    Lungs the Rattata, your quick attack will be missed even if you did have 5 IVs under 10

Living:
    Lutris the badass Quilava who beat the first Team Rocket section and first two gyms by himself
    Ash the female Geodude and I'm not sure how know a living rock can be a female
    Vira the Magikarp who I hope lives to become a Gyarados
    Irene the Butterfree
    Kens the backup Rattata who appeared instead of a Gastly

Also, I need to stop killing first appearance Zubats, I've done it three times now.

14. Vira

High Score:
    After sulking for a few hours, I restarted HeartGold for a second try. Did everything the same; got another male Totodile who I named Calz because Seratin wasted his chance. After stealing some Running Shoes and blackmailing Oak out of a Pokedex, I ran into a redheaded kid and somehow understood he would be my eternal rival. I stomped him and discovered his name was Klael. I wasn't surprised in the slightest.

Went to that route in the north, up from Newbarktown, where I hoped to find a decent Pokemon. Found a level three male Geodude. I was going to name him Gio/Giovanni, but figured that everyone was doing that. So, to perserve my hipster status, I named him Kens.

Current team:
    Calz the Totodile, level 7,
    Kens the Geodude, level 3.

I honestly doubt I'll keep Kens since I only want to play with Johto Pokemon, but having a sacrifical Pokemon to take hits might come in useful.

15. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh god. LOL.

She had the kinkiest moveset too D8

I guess... I wasn't top percentage... after all. D8

---------- Post automerged at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Since he isn't playing... I'm going to quote him.

Ash
  16. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

So I decided to try out Nuzlocke on Flora Sky and started out with a Turtwig. Named him Antivash because really, there's only one turtle out here and it might as well be him.

Right off the bat, I got my pokeballs and tried my hand in Route A. I honestly knew nothing about this version and was pretty surprised that a Ralts popped up on the first move. Caught her even if she did need two balls shoved in her face. Named her Vira because really, she only knew how to growl and nothing else.

Anyways, I tried having Antivash babysit her but got real bored doing it. So I moved to Forest Entrance and boom, right off came a Lotad. Unfortunately, my Antivash was such an over-leveled beast that I very nearly OHKO that poor sap. As it was, he was barely on the yellow, with perhaps a point away from red.

And yet, the little bugger gobbled up not one, or two, but all THREE of my pokeballs. First one didn't even faze him (Lolnope), the second time resulted in him trolling me with the last twitch before popping back out, and it took the last one to finally shove him in. Naturally, I named him ChaosGuy because of it.

And then came the next city. Now I obviously knew all but Antivash were way under-leveled so I resigned myself to grinding. I couldn't even move past the south or east union gates because I had to actually beat the gym first. But just as I was going back to grinding on level 4 -5 Zigzagoons and Patrats, I noticed that there was actually another union station. Past that actually led me to a training spot.

Well alright, I thought I was going to find new pokemon to catch and level against. So of course, I bought a crapload of pokeballs just to prepare myself.

It was another freaking Ralts. And this one got in after one throw.

Now since this Ralts was male and Zeitgeist was being such a bro in IRC, I decided to name this little guy after him. Also, it helped that I really wanted a Gallade and the first gym just so happens to be fighting types.

So I practically neglected Vira as I had Antivash babysit Zeitgeist up until he reached level 6 and got himself confusion. After that, it was pretty standard grinding.

After getting Zeitgeist to the same level as Antivash (12), I had him blow through the gym like a goddamn cannon. And he was one too. If his confusion didn't OHKO those meditites or mankeys, then they became confused and started hitting themselves. Really, it was smooth up until I reached the gym leader.

The first pokemon he called out was a Machop. He barely got a simple low kick, not even enough to get my Ralts to yellow, before Zeitgeist confused his ass back into his ball. But then the second pokemon came out and it was a freaking Scraggy. It was immune to Confusion so I had to call out the tank. Antivash took a bunch of hits but managed to razor leaf the stupid lizard to death. So I thought I had it in the bag.

And then came Hitmonchan.

Now I was foolish and thought Zeitgeist had it in him. He was a freaking cannon, he shouldn't be afraid of a pure fighter type. Yeah, he was a cannon alright. A glass cannon. 1 tackle and Zeitgeist was down to 1 hp.

So I panicked and recalled him in favor of someone else. This is where me neglecting Vira came back to bite me. She was level 4, way too low to do anything. Antivash took a bruising and is a slow tank so he probably wouldn't make it. The only one left was ChaosGuy but I neglected his training too. I mean, he didn't have anything except growl and astonish. But if I was going to win this, I needed to do something with Antivash. So I made ChaosGuy my sacrifice.

Popped him up and was prepared to have him die when I got lucky. The gym leader decided to heal Hitmonchan with a potion. That allowed me to get one growl in before he sucker punched Chaos to death. Popped back to Antivash and suddenly Hitmonchan went full retard. He spent the remainder of the fight leering at Vash as he kept absorbing until he feinted. It was pretty embarrassing and made ChaosGuy's sacrifice kind of pathetic.

So my first gym ended with a casualty that really, shouldn't have happened in the first place. I simply neglected both Vira and ChaosGuy in favor of Zeitgeist and paid a pretty hefty price.

I've headed towards the second city now. Will give a rundown on what happens later after I get some sleep.

Current Line-up:
    Antivash - Turtwig level 15
    Zeitgeist - Ralts level 14
    Vira - Ralts level 4

KIA:
    ChaosGuy - Lotad level 4

17. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I want to welcome Ash2.0 in the tea-, the box. I also want to welcome Matt the Voltrob. His appearance was insanely random.

Congratulations to Fiat the Meowth for turning from this thing:
    [​IMG]
    into this bawse kitty:
    [​IMG]
    And solo-ing my rival.

Congratulations to Gio the Geodude for evolving into Gio the Graveller.

Current lineup:
    FIAT THE AWESOME PERSIAN

[​IMG]
    lvl: 30
    (His Pay Day is the reason I am filthy rich)

JOE THE WARTORTLE
    [​IMG]
    lvl: 31

ASH THE PIDGEOTTO

[​IMG]
    lvl: 26

GIO THE GRAVELER

[​IMG]
    lvl: 28

HoS THE (ugly) RATICATE

[​IMG]
    lvl: 24

Edit: Fuck Matt the Voltrob, everyone say hello to:

ZEIT THE DRATINI

[​IMG]
    He will take the last spot in my team. He wants to be a dragon when he grows up.

18. Vira

High Score:
    I did a bit of grinding this morning as I was going to Violet City. Discovered that Kens the Geodude didn't want to be a sacrifical Pokemon when he started raping everything in his path. Caught a female Pidgey, named her Cheddar; she might come in handy at the Bellsprout place in Violet. Also went to Union Cave, but all I found was another Geodude, so no luck there.

Right now I'm considering waititng until nightfall before going to the Bellsprout place on the off-chance I can get a Gastly. We'll see how my patience holds up.

Current Team:
    Calz the Totodile, level 9,
    Kens the Geodude, level 7,
    Cheddar the Pidgey, level 3.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Well my DS is dead so I am heading to gamestop to buy a new charger, after that I am starting a platinum run :D

20. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think I'm going to start over again. I've just lost track of how many dead pokemon I have now. It's got to be around two dozen at this point and I've completely neglected to make notes beyond the obligatory NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in irc every time one of them dies. Next time, more notes.

Props go to Calz the level 50 Pidgeot (in a level 30 zone now). He was my first caught pokemon, and the only one of the original group to survive through the whole thing.

Most useful went to Cheddar the Ivysaur, until he/she fell in the Field of Death east of Vermillion, along with so many of his/her friends. That Magneton. >_<

Award for shortest stint with me has to go to Cheddar MkII the Nidorina, caught as a Nidoran in the Safari Park. She lasted about 3 minutes until I forgot that Koga's gym is full of psychic types. >_>