1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official DLP Nuzlocke Run

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Mindless, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I was training Lungs in Diglett Cave, and a 29 Dugtrio showed up and just started wrecking me. I sacrificed Jwlk, but I did end up with no deaths to my main team. Girthy was easily defeated on the SS Anne, however I had problems with Surge. I defeated his first two Pokes with ease, but Raichu kept using Double Team. As Dig kept missing he started using Quick Attack, but he didn't take poison point into consideration. I switched to Lutris and trolled him buy continuously switching from Mishie to Lutris and having Poison kill him. He would use Shock Wave on Lutris so when I switched to Mishie it didn't do anything, and when he used Quick Attack Lutris took the damage for Mishie.

I am now heading towards Diglett Cave to go get the HM Flash, and then I will go to Cerulean and pick up my bike.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

It's time for a funeral. Mr. Krabs the Crustle has passed on to wherever dead Pokemon go (seems to vary depending on the game). The man responsible? That mother fucking Veteran on Route 18 with the Darmanitan. I figured Krabs at about 90% health could take whatever the fucker had to throw at me. Ha ha ha, oh wow I forgot just how much damage a STAB, Sheer Force boosted Flare Blitz from that particular red furry bag of ass rape can do. Krabs went from nearly full health to zero in one shot. Musashi avenged his death, but I am out of my second Rock type.

I was so, so tempted to take a mulligan here and pretend that didn't happen. I didn't have the heart to release Krabs and I think he would have returned anyway, so I preserved him at the mortuary (Pokemon Center) and stashed him in the box. I will say one thing about the Nuzlocke business. I'm ending up a lot more attached to this team than I have been in any other Pokemon runs I've done previously.

But I have a plan to move on, and that plan is to favor a technical exploit over the outright cheating that reviving Krabs and never speaking a word of this would have been. I head right into Mistralton Cave to do what I said I probably wasn't going to. Except that doesn't even become an issue as my first encounter is somehow an Axew that I angrily name Can o' WA in homage of what my new Haxorus is going to unleash upon Unova as retribution for the death of my beloved Crustle.

3. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Time for a bit of an update. So far, the rest of the game has gone fairly smoothly despite bad luck with first encounters. In Violet City, I decided to grab Rock Smash and head south in hopes of a Mareep or a Whooper. Sadly, I ran into a freakin Rattata first so I simply killed it and went onto Bellsprout Tower. Like in Route 32, I found a Rattata in the tower first so I simply cleared it out with my new found Quilava.

After some grinding, I took on Faulkner and Stone literally threw rocks at his entire gym until everything died. Luckily, I survived with only 5 hitpoints. After the battle, I got a phone call and got an egg to carry in my pack. Hopefully it doesn't break.

After this, I headed south where I simply trained up my team with all the trainers and wilds on Route 32. I focused on Pest for this as I really wanted a Raticate for when he is most useful in the early game. After I felt my team was strong enough, I entered Union Cave hoping to grab a Sandshrew. As luck would have it, I found a Zubat and named him Batty.

Current Team:
    Zeph the Quilava - Level 14
    Stone the Geodude - Level 14
    Pest the Raticate - Level 20
    Bird the Pidgey - Level 14
    Egg the Egg - Level Egg
    Batty the Zubat - Level 7

Deceased:
    Bugger the Metapod - Level 7

4. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Okay, I'm not really a fan of Pokemon, but the games are still sort of fun in the nostalgic sense. If you read the earlier parts of this thread from 2010 you would see the last time I played. I ended up finishing that run and it wasn’t terribly hard despite having never played that generation before.

But, always up for a challenge, I picked up the gauntlet again. This time I’m doing Leaf Green, just because that’s the first one in my rom folder that I saw. I know pretty much nothing about any of the Pokemon that aren’t the first 151. I know that Leaf Green (shouldn’t it be Water Blue for us non-Japaners or something?) is the same sort of thing as the original Blue, but it’s been over ten (maybe close to fifteen) years since I last played it. So I’m pretty much going through blind. I don’t know where any of the special stuff is, and the day I turn to Gamefaqs for help is the day I stop playing games.

Rules:

-Can only catch the first Pokemon in each route. Can only have one from the water or the grass or trade. Unluckily for me, I don’t remember what any of the trades are.

-When a Pokemon dies, it is release to the next dimension.

-No items in combat

-Give retarded nicknames to all Pokemon

I remember watching some of the livestreams two years ago where (Vlad, I think) would toss out money every time he used a pokecenter. I’m too lazy to do that, and I’ll probably have a billion credits by the end anyway so it’s marginal.

Day 1:

Trainer Name: Anarchy (obviously)

Rival: Vegeta (Meh, too lazy to restart and name my guy Goku, and also, every time his name comes up in the text, I say it with Nappa’s voice.)
    I remember my PC had a potion in it, so I grabbed that and did all the blahhhh blahhhh got my first pokemon from Oak.

Pokemon #1: Daphne the Charizard (Obviously. Thought about cheekily just using the defaults for everyone though.)

I chose it because it’s red. And a psuedodragon.

Then I kicked Vegata’s squirtle’s ass. OMG DAPHNE IS LEVEL 6 NOW!!!!!!!!

Protip: Shoot at it until it dies.

I made my way up to Veridian, got the parcel, returned to Oak, got 5 pokeballs and the pokedex. Also got the town map and healed at home.Then, I made my way back up into the grass, prepared to catch my first pokemon.

Route 1: Daphne the Rattata, level 3

Caught that little blighter after it took half of Daphne’s life with a crit. Made my way up to Vermillion to heal. In the process, the fucking bitch Nurse Joy trolled me like Kepora Gebora. I made my way back down to Route 1 to level up a bit.

[​IMG]

Daphne has Ember now, and Daphne has Quick Attack. I made my to Route 22 for another pokemon, and I another battle with Vegeta. That guy is persistent in taking over the world. I didn’t get a wild battle before facing him, but I took him out easily enough, just using my rattata’s quick attack on both until they died. I then went got my first wild battle.

[​IMG]

Route 22: Daphne the Spearow, level 5

I grinded a little bit, which isn’t that tedious with increased emulator speed. Apparently there are Mankey’s in them grass too, which would have been nice for Brock, since so far, I’m pretty fucked I think. Ohwell. Apparently flying moves (peck) are good against fighting, helpful thing to know. I'm sure they just as great against rock types.

[​IMG]

So, I got my team roughly even and decided to head to the next zone, route 2. The first pokemon there was a level 2 rattata, which I promptly killed by breathing on it. I see those dame trees that I can cut down, but I can’t remember where I get cut from. I think SS Anne or something, but that’s awhile off.

Route 2: Rattata the Rattata, dead

After that was the Veridian forest. First creature I ran into was a wheedle, and realizing that birds probably kill bugs easily, I switched out for Daphne, and the damn wheedle nearly killed her with poison, but I caught it.
    Veridian Forest: Daphne the Wheedle, level 5

[​IMG]

I make my way through the place, picking up the various items, including a pokeball inside a pokeball, weird. Daphne the Spearow annihilates all the bugs. Daphne the Charmander likewise. Luckily, the only Pikachu I ran into was 7 levels below my bird, so even its lightning didn’t do much.

What follows next was a lot of grinding. I had planned on grinding on the road after pewter city, hoping that there would be higher level things there, but I got cockblocked telling me to go face Brock, so I went back down to the forest to level up. Leveling up a wheedle is a pain in the ass.

[​IMG]

Hopefully it’s enough. I killed the first guy’s geodude with Daphne’s metal claw, and then the sandshrew using Hardenx5 and poison sting spam. I don’t remember chamander having metal claw in the original, so it was probably added just so people don’t get fucked by Brock when choosing him. I’m not complaining. It took three metal claws for brock’s geodude. Onix was scary. Rock tomb left charmander at 5 health, and if it wasn’t for a crit metal claw, he may have died. But, I won quickly, and have a shiny new badge.

[​IMG]

I headed off to route three, courtesy of brand new running shoes. Daphne took care of all the trainers easily, all 8 billion of them. The grass yielded a level 7 sparrow, which I killed. I guess I should have caught it as a back up, but oh well

Route 3: Spearow the Spearow, dead

I decided to level just a bit before entering the cave. That went all fine and well until I ran across a wild jigglypuff that promptly put my whole team to sleep, and fall in love on top of that. After that, every time a jigglypuff popped up I just ran to save myself the headaches.

Inside the pokemon center before mt. moon, I bought the magicarp. I guess that counts as Route 4’s pokemon. I do like me some Gyardos later on. Not going to be that great for Misty though. Or Lt. Surge for that matter.

Route 4: Daphne the Magicarp.

[​IMG]

I’m not going to worry about leveling it just yet. The rest of my team is decent level, I think, for Mt. Moon. So then I headed into Mt. Moon, and came across my first pokemon, a zubat.

Mt. Moon, Daphne the Zubat, level 8

[​IMG]

The inside of the cave had me sweating a few times. The first trainer’s clefairy had me worried a second, but it kept derping. Then, there was a guy with a magnemite and voltorb, but luckily they didn’t self destruct. I don't know what level that starts appearing at. I kept Daphne out front, for whatever reason all the zubat’s astonish didn’t work on her. I have no idea what the skill does, so oh well.

I don’t know if the second level counts as a separate zone, but it doesn’t matter. The level 7 paras that popped up got one shot anyways. I make my way towards the end. There’s nothing too hard. I use metal claw on all the rock types, and peck on everything else. I chose the dome fossil, because Kabutops is like a ninja or some shit

Outside is route 4 again, and the first creature that pops up is a level 10 mankey. I didn't feel like teach Daphne Mega Punch or Mega Kick since it was the only one that could learn it. Oh well. I decide to heal up in cerulean and call it a night.

[​IMG]

5. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Holy shit man. My sympathies - that same bloody Veteran's Darmantian killed my Excadrill in my White Nuzlocke run. Bastard.

Though, coincidentally, in that same route I caught my Crustle, who went on to troll the Elite Four with a combination of Sturdy, Toxic, Stealth Rock and a fuckload of Hyper Potions. Good times.

6. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Not much of an update, but whatever.

Basically, I have been lazy beyond belief. I didn't particularly feel like grinding any pokemon up, so I took Wednesday the Venusaur and have been steamrolling my way through the game solo, save for my HM slaves.

SS ANNE was a joke, and the elctric gym was no better, since Wednesday was amssively overleveled. Had a bit of trouble towards the end of Rock Tunnel, since I was dangerously low on PP by the end.

Celadon's Gym was actually fairly tough, simply because, even horrificly strong as Wednesday was, fighting armies of grass types with a grass type is a pain. Anyway, the gym came and went, and Wednesday learned Giga Drain, yay!

The pokemon tower was as easy as everything else, since it is all to easy to oneshot everything with Razor leaf from a level 53 Venuaur.

Currently on my way to wherever is next, I forget. Just need to catch a water type for SURF at some point.

Team:
    Wednesday the Venusaur lvl 53
    Slashy the Sandshrew lvl 19 (CUT and DIG)
    Cleopatra the Bellsprout lvl 14 (FLASH)
    Wings the Spearow lvl 13 (FLY)
    and Hermione the Vulpix lvl 18 (for giggles)

7. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Leveling one pokemon to Godmode is cheap in normal play, nevermind in Nuzlocke.

Feel bad thebrute7. For both your terrible name and terrible tactics.

8. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Well after two days of grinding I felt it was time to tackle the Elite Four Round One. I could've, and should've, trained more. The first two went down too easily, I should have seen it coming. My Crobat had just delivered Hitmontop into the red via Wing Attack when I read Hitmontop uses counter. I cried, I knew what would happen, my Crobat died. After collecting myself, I decided to show Bruno his folly in killing Vladbat3. After doing 6 Dragon Dances, Vira one shot everything using Waterfall. So I moved onto Karen, all was going great, Vlad2.0 used Poison Jab to troll Umbreon who was Double Teaming like a whore, and everyone else one-shot they're enemies... until Gengar, who I NEARLY one-shot... I took him down to the red again while he was being healed. This was fine to me... then it used Destiny Bond on the next turn killing Vira. So after screaming "NO!" on IRC, I collected myself once more and marched onto Lance, this time around I wasn't going to leave anything to chance, I put Nevermeltice on Mattsilver the Lapras, used the X stats items I had collected to buff him to +1 Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense. Lapras then proceeded to sweep Lance's team into a mass grave and so ended the Elite Four Round One.

Dead/Living Lists:
    Living:
    Party:
    Irene the Level 24 Gloom, a placeholder mon.
    Anya the Level 26 Noctowl
    Lutris the Level 41 Typhlosion, fuck yeah Blast Burn
    Vlad2.0, soon to be crowned King Vlad, the Level 44 Nidoking, Posion Jab and Dig wrecked Karen's Umbreon
    Middy the (Red) Gyarados who will be taking up the spot Vira left open
    MattSilver the Lapras who did an excellent job against Lance
    Boxed:
    Wench and Kens the Rattatas
    Vladbat2.0
    Jon the Eevee
    Lungs the Tentacruel
    PalinDrome the Pidgeotto
    Glenaj the Gligar

Dead:
    Old:
    Mishe the useless Togepi with Hustle instead of Serene Grace
    Anya the Bellsprout and you were so awesome too
    Lungs the Rattata, your quick attack will be missed even if you did have 5 IVs under 10
    Vladbat who died to a Marill rollout in a trainer battle on route and that was all the contribution it did, Vlad the Nidoran came along that same route and it will hopefully be as useful as Vlad the Nidoking was in my last Nuzlocke run.
    Irene the Butterfree died to a crit while I was catching Midknight the Stantler
    Vlad the Nidorino, you were going to be a King Vlad
    Ash the Gravaller, you killed Whitney, you're job was done as far as I was concerned
    Mknote the Sudowoodo who saw more battle than I had ever planned on letting him, that being any at all
    Vash the Krabby, you were going to be a King too
    Silent the Dratini died to an Aurora Beam from a Cloyster before she could Thunderbolt it to hell
    Middy the Stantler died to a crit Ice Shard for a Lapras that I was trying to catch
    New:
    Vladbat3 died to counter against Bruno's Hitmontop, was avenged by Gyarados using Dragon Dance 6 times and Waterfalling everything to death while holding Mystic Water
    Vira the Gyarados dies to Karen's Gengar being a bitch and using Destiny Bond

9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Right, I've been thinking (I know, this is dangerous in and of itself) and have decided to put forward the notion of next month being dedicated to doing Gym Leader runs. Monotype rules, more to be added upon consideration. What say ye?

I personally am planning to do a Bug run on White next. If I don't get lazy by then.

10. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gym leader rules sounds great, so that means other than HM slaves you can't catch anything but one type?

I'm always Fire or Electric heavy so maybe I'll do a run with one of those, then start doing other types.

11. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I evolved Irene the Caterpie to a Butterfree so I would have a poke for flash. Getting through Rock Tunnel was no problem, and I caught a Zubat. I named him Vlad, but I realized my team has been is over leveled. So I skipped the trainers outside of Rock Tunnel and on the way to Celadon, once I reached Celadon I bought a thunder stone and evolved Vira. I am unsure as to pick up Dratini or Eevee, I kind of want a Flareon, but someone mentioned it's the worse Eeveelution. I will consult IRC Pokemanz later against my better judgement. Oh almost forgot I also beat Erika and have a shiny new Rainbow Badge, Lutris is leading the charge.

Current Team
    Lutris[Pidgeotto]-32
    Lungs[Wartortle]-28
    Mishie[Nidoqueen]-28
    Vira[Raichu]-27

HM Slaves
    Irene The Butterfree [Flash]
    Azira The Rattata [Cut]

Reserves
    Santi The Spearow
    Sree The Geodude
    Poytin The Meowth
    Anya The Sandshrew
    MattSilver The Voltorb
    Vlad The Zubat

Corpses
    I don't remember and am to lazy to check my previous post to find out.

So I went through Celadon Game Corner and beat Team Rocket with ease. With the Silph Scope acquired I head to Pokemon Tower, only to find my rival there waiting. I crush Girthy extreme prejudice as I find out he was able to catch a Growlithe where I was not. After the quick curb stomp I head up the tower and am quickly attacked by a Gastly. I have Vira use thunder wave and catch it. I named it Jblaise and am now on my merry way up the tower.

Current Team
    Vira-31
    Lungs-31
    Mishie-30
    Lutris-32

12. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Alright well. When I got through Union Cave and arrived in Azaela Town, I took my time in the slowpoke well, hoping for a slowpoke. Of course I ran into a Zubat so I simply took care of these crazy people in funny outfits and went about my business. I wanted to check the Ilex Forest for an Oddish but I had forgotten that my rival spawns. After that surprise battle, I managed to defeat him with little to no effort.

After this, I called it a night. The next day, I decide to take on the gym. Using only Zeph, I oneshot everything in sight. The only pokemon that Zeph did not kill in one hit with Flame Wheel was Bugsy's Syther.

Soon after getting my second badge, my egg suddenly hatched! Out popped a male Togepi who I named Eggy.

With my party all healed up, I tackled the Ilex Forest, encountering another Caterpie as my pokemon for that forest. Once I went through the bullshit with those damn birds with sticks, I got cut and ran through the forest without any issue. I stopped to grab Headbutt from the move tutor guy. After this, I decided to level up Eggy on the trainers in Route 34. Again, the freaking crit gods struck again and poor Eggy got one shot by a fucking Sandshrew's scratch

[​IMG]
    R.I.P Eggy the Togepi
    Poor guy got scrambled.

After headbutting trees, hoping for more eggs, I ended up with a Level 10 Hoothoot as my Pokemon for Route 34. Sadly, Bird one shot it with a crit tackle.

After arriving in Goldenrod City, I called it day as class is about to start!

Current team:
    Zeph the Quilava - Level 22
    Pest the Raticate - Level 20
    Bird the Pidgettoo - Level 22
    Batty the Zubat - Level 20
    Stone the Geodude - Level 20

Deceased:
    Bugger the Metapod - Level 7
    Eggy the Togepi - Level 5

13. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Day 2

I started off by going north to Nugget Bridge. I had forgotten about the rival battle there. I nearly got my shit pushed it, but once Daphne the Spearow punched in Squirtle’s shit after it used withdrew and tail whip a dozen times, I used Daphne the Charmeleon on the other two high levels. Daphne the Rattata ate the defenseless Abra. Both of my high levels were left with under 10 health so it was a close thing. I should have probably leveled up the others a bit more.

The trainers on nugget bridge weren’t too tough. The only close call was when #5’s mankey nearly one shot Daphne the Spearow, but she lives to fight another day. The team rocket guy at the end was a joke. So, after that was done, I went off into the grass.

Route 24: Daphne the Abra, level 10

[​IMG]

I rolled my eyes. I knew there was no way I was going to catch that thing. I knew it would teleport right away, so I just skipped the attack and went for a pokeball. Against all odds, I caught it straight away. Lucky me. I’m swapping out the zubat (whom I was going to start leveling) for it. Maybe Kadabra is exactly what the doctor ordered for Misty. I would have rather had the bellsprout though, which was the second pokemon (level 14 too) to pop in the grass for me. Fucker.

I continued north and to the right. The first trainer pissed me off with his machop, which was too good against my bird and rat, doing about 40% to each with one hit, but my firelizard ate it and the geodude. When I went back to heal, I then noticed that the second part of the road was a new route, so I went to catch a pokemon.

Route 25: Wheedle the Wheedle, dead

Oops. Ohwell. That’s what happens when a single tackle hits a level 8. I continued on my way to bill after that. I killed an onix, which reminds me that I need a water pokemon, since a fire type using metal claw isn’t that smart, but it’s all I got right now. It would be too easy for it to die to a crit rock move. There was also a guy with 3 geodudes and a machop that was a bit too close for my comfort as well.

After that it was misty’s gym, but I decided to level up my pokemon a bit. There was no way my firelizard would even see the outside of his pokeball, so I had to rely on the others. Once my abra evolved though, it’s levels started pouring in fast. Confusion is awesome.

[​IMG]

This is the team I’m taking to misty. The first trainer in there had a horsea, and the stupid thing used smokescreen on my beedrill three times. Bitch. Focus power + fury swipes killed it once I finally landed a hit though. Hyperfanged the second trainer’s golden. Confusion brought the starmie to red, Misty used a super potion on it. Next confusion crit and killed it in one hit. Starmie was a different story, what a nasty piece of work. Confusion barely did anything to it, so I brought in my beedrill. I poisoned the fucker, and then just kept swapping in pokemon to take one hit and leave. That waterpulse did about half damage to every creature, but a lucky 5 hitter of fury swipes from the beedrill at the end finished it. Otherwise I’d probably have been fucked.

[​IMG]

Missed the dialogue about getting the badge, so that will have to suffice. I made my way through the house, beat the team rocket guy out of his TM he stole, and continued on my way. I didn’t have any pokemon for the daycare, other than the zubat, so I just went into the weeds to get a wild battle.

Route 5: Meowth the Meowth, dead

Damn, ohwell. One tackle killed the thing. I guess I should try using something like poison sting instead. I headed into the underground tunnel. I didn’t have a nidoran to trade, so ohwell again. I came out onto route 6, and for another wild battle.

Route 6: Daphne the Bellsprout, level 13

[​IMG]

Just one gym battle too late, fucker. Sent to Bill’s PC. I stomped all over the trainer battles there, getting my beedrill and rattata some needed xp. Lolhyperfang. Rattata evolved into ratticate on the last fight before Vermillion City, which was nice. I checked out the buildings and receive the old rod. I chose not to fish in the city, because I already have a magicarp that I’m not using. After that, I found I could trade a spearow for a farfetched. My spearow is my second highest level, so I passed on that. Maybe if I find an extra one later on. I received the bike voucher as well. I checked out the pokemart as well, but there’s nothing I needed from it. I can’t get great balls yet. I also got the VS. seeker from inside the pokecenter. I’m not sure how it works, as I’ve never heard of it before.

I wasn’t sure if I wanted t o do SS Anne first, get my bike, or got east into diglett cave and route 11. I decided to do route 11, and I fought my first wild battle.

Route 11: Daphne the Spearow, level 15

[​IMG]

Convenient, now I can trade that bitch for a farfetched. Actually, that’s a lie. The very last trainer in the field had a rattata that hyperfanged my daphne fearow, killing it. So, I guess I’ll just have to level to level the backup one. I couldn’t go anywhere on route 12 because of the snorlax, and couldn’t get the item finder because I don’t have 30 types of pokemon. I made my way into diglett’s cave instead, and ran into my first pokemon.

Diglett’s Cave: Daphne the Diglett, level 18

http://imgur.com/nPMhy

My new spearow still isn’t up to par of the old one, but it shouldn’t take too long to get those extra few levels. It’s quite easy in the diglett cave too. Magnitude and dig doesn’t work on it, so the only damage is pretty much from scratch, which does hurt a bit. I made it all the way to end of the tunnel, popped out, saw that there was nothing to do but trade a abra for mr. mime, so I had to leave the way I came in. No Cut yet. I guess there’s nothing to do now but go to SS Anne. I have a feeling I’m underleveled though.

Turns out I wasn’t. Daphne one shot every single creature with psybeam. Firelizard ate Vegeta’s Bird. Rat hyperfang ohko wartortle, raticate, and kedabra. Easy game. The whole place only took like 15 minutes. I decided to teach Daphne cut, and I headed into the gym. After that, I would backtrack to other places. I think I have to go through that cave with Flash next, but I’m not sure where I get that. I suppose I could just turn the brightness up on my monitor and say fuck it.

[​IMG]

My levels after the boat. Kadabra gained 5 or 6 alone, but I have to be careful to not get it too high or it won’t obey commands I think. The gym wasn’t too hard. Paralysis was annoying, but after some perseverance, Daphne gave Raichu a new asshole.

[​IMG]

Now, time to go trim some bushes and try and balance out my levels. Maybe I’ll get a Gyarados as well. I made my way back through Diglet Cave, and chopped my way through my plants. Apparently it brought me to Pewter City. I headed south, got some items and hm flash. Nice. Wish it was fly so I could fly my ass back where I need to go. I ended up getting amber in Pewter as well. I think that’s Aerodactyl if my memory serves me.

I didn’t feel like going through Mt Moon again, so I took Diglett Cave and the underground tunnel back to Cerulean. I used this time to redeem my bike voucher and dump Diglett at the daycare, and then headed on my way to Route 9, where I stop for the night.

14. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Journal Entry #7

Part I

Elm's call has to deal with a disturbance at the Goldenrod Tower. He hints at Team Rocket having a part in it, and I have to marvel at how quickly my wish for vengeance will be coming true.

Perhaps it isn't fair. They'd only taken one of my pokemon, after all. Maybe it was their attitude. The uncaring look that witch had given me when Flare Bud fell. It made me mad. It made me want to kill.

I'm going to check it out. I'll update this entry later.

Part II

They killed my Gyrados. They killed my Lapras. Oh god, they killed Pearly. They killed Pearly. I'll kill them. I'llkill'emI'llkill'emI'llkill'emI'llkill'em-

Part III

They killed Scramble. He's gone. I've lost half my team. They're gone.

I'm in an elevator. This will be the last battle. I can feel it.

They're going to pay. They're all going to pay.

Part IV

It's done. I defeated Team Rocket's leader, Archer. Team Rocket is no more.

[​IMG]

Team Rocket - Defeated

And yet... I don't feel... satisfied. I feel cheated. I feel guilty. I sacrificed two pokemon I'd constrained to the box until today. Both against Archer's Houndoom. It doesn't feel right. I feel like a murderer.

... I don't want to do this anymore.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Aight, so I do believe my last official entry was where I got Surf and grabbed a Boldore inside Twist Mountain?

I flew back to Accumula Town to do the sea routes first and swapped Pesto out for Daisy the Ducklett so that she can slave Surf as well as Fly. More Lucky Egg grinding, leading to a moment of towering rage when a mother raping Veteran kills Mr. Krabs the Crustle with a STAB, Sheer Force Flare Blitz. Too much damage for even Krabs and his ridiculous defense to tank. May Pokemon Heaven be filled with many money making opportunities.

I grab the Waterfall HM (which I teach to Musashi the Samurott at once), a Throh named Goro and an egg. Next order of business is to take said egg to Skyarrow bridge and ride back and forth on the bike until it hatches into Amaterasu the Larvesta. One of these days I'm going to use Volcarona, but not on a Nuzlocke run. I know damned well I would never get that thing to level 59 without it getting killed somehow.

Next order of business is to procure a replacement for Mr. Krabs. I said that I wasn't planning on exploiting the No Repeats rule to get Axew, but necessity forces my hand here. I head to Mistralton Cave, and by some whim of irony don't need to bend the rules because the first Pokemon I encounter therein is Can o' WA the Axew, and I go through the cave far enough to get the Rock Slide TM which I teach to Millicent the Darmanitan to take advantage of the Sheer Force boost.

Back to Route 7 (my wild leveling place of choice lately - those Zebstrika and Watchogs give some nice EXP when boosted with the Lucky Egg) to get Can o' WA up to speed. I go through Twist Mountain and into Irricus City. Head north to the Dragonspiral Tower area to test my luck in the grass, and it pays off huge when I get Hsien-Ko the Meinfoo. Finally, a proper Fighting type to round out my team (and one with high speed and attack that can use Acrobatics, which at long last allows me to compensate for losing my Archen so long ago). I also snag Beatrix the Shelmet in the shallow water of the town itself.

Beethoven the Stoutland heads to the retirement box to make room for the new addition. Route 7 again to train Hsien-Ko and on to Irricus Gym. My new karate kitty and Millicent the Darmanitan combine to shred the gym, with Milly blitzing through Brycen without him ever even getting an attack off.

Not much of note happens in Dragonspiral Tower, and finishing that leaves me at my present point.

The A-Team

Musashi the Samurott - Level 46
    Millicent the Darmanitan - Level 46
    Queen Lily the Lilligant - Level 46
    Hsien-Ko the Mienfoo - Level 46
    Can o' WA the Fraxure - Level 45
    Daisy the Ducklett - Level 26 (Fly/Surf Slave)

The Box

Beethoven the Stoutland
    Diddy the Pansear
    Cleveland the Venipede
    Pesto the Pidove
    Snivellus the Woobat
    Umbridge the Tympole
    Carmen the Sandile
    Gabrielle the Minccino
    Telomere the Solosis
    Mundungus the Karrablast
    Juggernaut the Ferroseed
    Snowball 2 the Watchog
    Fiendfyre the Litwick
    Blackrock the Boldore
    Goro the Throh
    Amaterasu the Larvesta
    Beatrix the Shelmet

The Morgue

Xiphosis the Patrat
    Tlaloc the Archen
    Mr. Krabs the Crustle

16. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

LT would monotype still include standard nuzlocke rules about catching the first?

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Not in my opinion, though I suppose you could do that if you're truly a glutton for punishment. I would never even think of trying a monotype Nuzlocke run personally. That just doesn't sound fun at all. I mean, it's practically a guarantee that if you only run one type that you're going to run against a gym that trumps it and that you're probably going to see several Pokemon downed in said gym, especially when you get to the leader. Having to dismiss them as a result of that? Gah.

On that point, my interpretation might even allow for rare exceptions to the rules in extreme cases where it might well be impossible to win with your type (like for example Misty with a Rock team). But I think it would mostly be on you to pick a type that you can realistically run the game with.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  18. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Well, my stupid run failed on the fire gym, so I decided to try my luck at Emerald.

My journey began, as all journey’s do, with the acquisition of a starter, in this case, a Torchic which was named Flames. Professor Birch yapped at me for a while, and sent me out to find my rival, Brendan. I found and defeated him and his Mudkip, then followed him back to Birch. He yapped some more, then gave me my Pokedex and pokeballs.

I stepped onto Route 101, and caught myself a lvl 2 Zigzagoon. Lucky me! His name is now Neville. I trained him up in the grass to lvl 7, then I stepped into the Pokecenter and boxed my Torchic, since I have resolved not to use a starter this run.

Stepping into the grass on Route 102, I was hoping to find a Lotad, or if I was really lucky, Ralts. I came across a Poochyena. I didn’t really want it, but caught it anyway just in case. Its name is Sniffy Another boxer methinks.

Just in case, I went up to Route 103 to see what I got, and found a Wingull lvl 2. I named it Harry.

I reached Petalburg just fine, and stayed in the area a bit to train. Neville reached level 10, and Harry got to 7. I helped some kid named Wally catch a Ralts, which pissed me off. I wanted one!

That done, I started onto Route 104. Harry leveled to 8, and Ron the level 5 Marill joined the party.

Petalburg Forest was straightforward. The Team Aqua Grunt was easily beaten, but my first encounter was a Wurmple. Its name is Crawlie and is being boxed for now. I had been hoping for a Slakoth instead. Oh well. Exiting the forest, Harry was now level 10, matching Neville.

I reached Rustboro city in good health, with Neville at lvl 11, Harry at 10, and Ron at 7. After a bit of training, Ron was lvl 10 as well and had just learned Water Gun. I was ready for the gym.

The Gym trainers went down quickly, though Ron took a crit tackle from a Geodude. Roxanne’s Geodudes went down to Ron’s Water Guns, and I switched out to Harry for her Nosepass. Left with 2 hp after a super effective Rock Tomb, I switched out back to Ron. A crit Water Gun finished it after a hard fight, and I earned my Stone Badge.

So far, so good.

Current Team:
    Neville the Zigzagoon: lvl 11
    Harry the Wingull: lvl 11
    Ron the Marill: lvl 13

Boxed:
    Flames the Torchic: lvl 7
    Sniffy the Poochyena: lvl 3
    Crawlie the Wurmple: lvl 5

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I beat up the ghost and members of Team Rocket in Pokemon Tower, and then headed to Cycling Road. On the way I caught Oz the Snorlax who has a bold nature. But all is not well as Lutris died... Koffing used sludge and Lutris was poisoned. I thought I could kill him before poison killed me but Koffing got a sludge off that crit :(

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Happy Fun Update Time again.

I head back to Relic Castle after clearing Dragonspiral Tower, wherein I rape another horde of Team Plasma redshits. Yawn. Shadow Ball TM is the only thing worth notice in this quest. Back to Nacrene City for plot events there and then to Irricus and onward to Route 8 where I catch Tardsworth the Stunfisk in a puddle. The Moor of Irricus adds Frogfucius the Palpitoad. Another battle with Bianca (swept with easy by Can o' WA the Fraxure, across Tubeline Bridge and to Route 9.

Route 9 brings me Tibbles the Liepard and my last missed chance to introduce you all to FF.net the Garbodor. Too bad. Perhaps in another run. I beat up a bunch of skinheads and bikers in Krokorok cuts and serve some whoopass to waiters and rich tards in the mall. Can o' WA lives up to his namesake as he evolves to Haxorus.

More plot in Opelucid City. I go and do a couple of easy Triple Battles in the house, take note of the time and fly back to Nimbasa for my daily experience jackpot at the sports arenas. Hsien-Ko evolves into Mienshao as a result of this. Return to Opelucid and tackle the Gym. Lots of trainers, no challenge as Millicent takes care of the early ones and Can o' WA tanks the Veterans and Iris. One Dragon Dance against Fraxure and my Haxorus sweeps Iris clean with Dragon Claw.

That done, Professor Juniper gives me a Master Ball that I plan to use on Zekrom because I don't want to waste time capturing it legit and it's on to Route 10. As an aside, god damn do I love the music on this route. I could sit there and just listen to it without playing the game whatsoever.

The A-Team

Musashi the Samurott - Level 50
    Millicent the Darmanitan - Level 50
    Queen Lily the Lilligant - Level 48
    Can o' WA the Haxorus - Level 50
    Hsien-Ko the Mienshao - Level 50
    Daisy the Ducklett - Level 26 (Fly/Surf Slave)

The Box

Beethoven the Stoutland
    Diddy the Pansear
    Cleveland the Venipede
    Pesto the Pidove
    Snivellus the Woobat
    Umbridge the Tympole
    Carmen the Sandile
    Gabrielle the Minccino
    Telomere the Solosis
    Mundungus the Karrablast
    Juggernaut the Ferroseed