1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official DLP Nuzlocke Run

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Mindless, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Zenzao died early on, @Aekiel, so not this time. :D

-edit- Page 69. [insert teenage joke here].

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yay! Not the first to die!

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

4. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Continuing from just reaching Mountain City and apparently this gym is having its own share of problems. My home town simply has no assigned leader and this one gave it up to focus on his fighting techniques. The ex leaders name is only BOSS if he so much as mentions CQC I'm running for the hills.

On my way through I find the town tree, it seems lonely. Near the edge of the city I come upon a manor and every servant I speak to has nothing but praise for the master of the house. In fact they seem to become more fervent the deeper I explore...

The kind master is a great man, he gifted me TM 27 Return out of the goodness of his heart. I will surely return here later to thank him properly!

I found BOSS and challenged him to a battle it was over so fast i can't even recall what he used. I ignored his claim that he went easy on me and scoff out of the now defunct gym.

As I progress on to route 2 I encounter a female Budew. The capture is quick and I name her Vira since they liked my post first. [Insert small training montage here]

After training my small team up I set off towards Ember Cave set at the foot of a volcano and my rival promptly challenges me to a battle.

He sends out an adorable Phanpy while Blaze quickly drowns him in fire.
    Vira shows her strength next by draining the life from his Oshawott.

I continue on. Due to an unfortunate power outage I lost my new Growlithe caught in this cave and a few levels on my team. My second first time into Ember Cave I caught a Vulpix and named her Palindrome. If I keep finding female pokemon I'll run out of names soon. I'll need to grind more as well the next town supposedly has a fire gym and with no water it might be a tough fight. If the gym is even a gym, there hasn't been much proof this is an actual league so far.

TEAM:
    Blaze - Cyndaquil Lv 12
    Vira - Budew Lv 10
    Palindrome - Vulpix Lv 6

5. sildet

sildet Sixth Year

Alright y’all, we made it to the Elite 4 with no casualties.

[IMGUR]QRKSoXQ[/IMGUR]

Pokemon Fire Red Advanced takes a different route with the Kanto E4. Each one uses a weather based team, and each one of them uses a pseudo-legendary. Lorelei is a Hail based team and starts off with a Snow Warning Abomasnow.

Seratin easily takes out most of the team with the exception of Lapras and Mamoswine who go down to Oment (Thunder Punch) and Thaum (Surf) respectively. Her ace is a Metagross that was killed by FlyingOcto (Earth Power).

Bruno uses a Sandstorm team and leads off with a Sand Stream Hippowdon, and his ace is a Garchomp. His team also goes down fairly easily, giving me some confidence that there is a chance we make it through this alive.

Thuam kills Hippowdon with a wave of water, while a combo of Oment and FlyingOcto kill the rest. I’ve only had to use one Full Restore at this point.

[IMGUR]4s4tHze[/IMGUR]

Agatha… Agatha.

She uses a Rain Dance team starting off with a Drizzle Lumineon, and follows up with her ace, a Goodra (with the Hydration ability)

Oment has a close call against Goodra, but pulls it out with a quick Ice Punch! I’m so sorry I let it get this close.

[IMGUR]5d8JOPE[/IMGUR]

I’m still a bit in shock over Poytin’s death. The Slurpluff was supposed to be OHKOed by Iron Head, but instead that stupid pink blob of a Pokemon OHKO’d Poytin from full heath with a lucky critical hit Drain Punch, which is 4x super effective.

[IMGUR]gJ4PeKu[/IMGUR][IMGUR]2oclr97[/IMGUR]

I frantically search the internet for answers to why this is happening. Something I wasn’t aware of: this Slurpluff has the fake ability called “Greedy” which ups the effectiveness of drain moves. :( With my hardest hitting physical attacker sent to an early grave, I begin to feel unsure whether the rest of my team can take on the last two challenges ahead.

For Lance I had FlyingOcto get 4 Quiver Dances in against the Fire/Grass stat buffed Sunflora (with Draught), and then swept his Chandelure, Drapion, Heliolisk, and Salamence. With a combo of Earth Power and Dragon Pulse.

[IMGUR]RAmaZzw[/IMGUR]

Now, all that is between myself and the Championship is Blue, our rival. I teach Seratin Focus Blast because Poytin is dead and can no longer Cross Chop Blue's Lickilicky to death… I’m still sad.

[IMGUR]nRi2Nl9[/IMGUR]

FlyingOcto kills his Speed Boost Scolipede with Hurricane. Next up is his own Flygon, which becomes Fly-Goner (I hate myself) with a Dragon Pulse.

Seratin attacks his Lickilicky with a Focus Blast, which MISSES.

Shit shit shit.

Lickilicky’s Thrash takes him into yellow health. But SE Focus Blast should OHKO at 120 base power, so I forego a Full Restore. It doesn’t. My starter… my friend throughout this entire journey is killed, and I’m angry.

Oment comes in and gets revenge for his teammate, like a true brother.

[IMGUR]EdHMKVC[/IMGUR]

Oment almost dies to Blue's starter (25 HP left), a Samurott, who lands a critical hit with Ice Beam, but Oment saves the day with a final Thunder Punch.

Thuam is up next against his Hypno. Thaum is so bulky with Leftovers and Wish that I am able to use Full Restores on my remaining team members.

A FlyingOcto Earth Power takes Magenzone to 1HP because it has Sturdy. Blue then decides to use Full Restores (which reset Sturdy in this game) around 5-6 times before his magnet Pokemon finally succumbs to my flying bug dragon.

And that’s it! We are the Champions my friends (though it is bittersweet). Not without the devastating losses of two (five) of our brethren Seratin and Poytin (Aekiel, Zenzao, and Palindrome too). May they rest in peace.

[IMGUR]o6np4lC[/IMGUR]

Overall this Fire Red hack was a blast. The creator is funny: Bill the Luvdisc appears again later, and there are some funny puns throughout (You'd like the grass-type starter Treecko? That wood be an excellent choice). There is a massive variety of Pokemon from all generations. I also like almost all of his added abilities and moves. Seratin had Serene Grace. Vira learned a flying-type Fake Out called Swoop. It was a nice way to spice things up.

I liked that I used Pokemon that I've never used before (Fennekin line, Porygon line, Pawniard line :().

My only regret was not getting to use a pseudo-legend (which I tend to use in most of my runs), but I never got one as my first encounter (Bagon and Goomy are 5% in between Lavender and Celedon). There are also a lot of interesting gift Pokemon, which I didn't really use.

5 stars though.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That Seratin is a bit of a beast. Good run, it's made me really want to play that hack.

7. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

I actually think that if I was a pokemon, I'd be that purple pink porygon

8. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Killed by a cupcake. I knew I didn't like sweets very much. But that's ridiculous.

9. Phantasm

Phantasm Second Year DLP Supporter

Having read through the Fire Red Omega Nuzlocke run on here, I was inspired and decided to go for my own attempt at it.

I emerged from Pallet Town full of optimism and looking forward to the challenges ahead. Strife the Elekid showed Green's Smoochum very quickly that he was not to be trifled with.

He was joined on Route 1 by a Female Nidoran - Lockhart - in what proved to be a surprising parallel to the other story already posted in here. A Swablu - Heartilly - was encountered in the Viridian City grass and made up the final member of the team I assembled for my second rival encounter.

Together, we struggled through a tough training regime, geared at getting us all to level 10 and ready for our second encounter with Green. His new Zubat swiftly fell before Lockhart's fierce claws. Smoochum, however, clearly had other plans - affronted by its previous loss to Strife.

Powder Snow froze Lockhart solid and Strife, sent out to tidy things up before they got ugly, also found himself frozen solid after two powder snow's. Heartilly's astonish flinched Smoochum on first attempt and I began to think that maybe - just maybe - we'd escape this unscathed after the bad luck of seeing two pokemon frozen solid.

The next powder snow froze Heartilly too. A newly acquired Skitty - called Aerith - which I'd caught on Route 22 just before this encounter, was now my only available pokemon and, as a level 3, it didn't stand much of a chance against the stronger level 9. Heartilly, and Strife, also both tragically perished - unable to defend themselves against Smoochum, still frozen by the snow.

Having watched all of her friends brutally killed, Lockhart thawed; Using her fierce claws to take out Green's smoochum before my journey was ended for good.

The losses were huge: Strife - the loyal companion who left Pallet Town with me, Heartilly - who I'd hoped to have with my until the end of my journey, and Aerith - who died before we ever truly knew her.

Lockhart and I are no longer the bright eyed optimists who left Pallet. We're battle hardened now, cynical and wearied at the path still ahead of us.

The final fantasy naming scheme is gone now, too. A Hoothoot has joined us on route 2 - named Lovegood (Purely because Lockhart transferred over to HP nicely). I think the rest of my run will use a DLP naming scheme from the people in this thread, though.

The path ahead is long, and before even a gym battle has been fought - three of my friends are already dead. We need to be stronger from now on. The only way to make our friends' deaths mean something is to become the very best, like no one ever was.

Team:

Lockhart - Nidoran - Lvl 11 (Hardy nature) Scratch, Tail Whip, Growl, -
    Lovegood - Hoothoot - Lvl 6 (Brave) Tackle, Growl, Foresight, -

Fallen:

Strife - Elekid - Lvl 11
    Heartilly - Swablu - Lvl 10
    Aerith - Skitty - Lvl 3

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Man, fuck that Smoochum.

11. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

I fucking hate Ice types, especially smoochum

12. Seratin

High Score:
    So if you've been following the SuMo thread you'll know I've embarked on a Nuzlocke. It's not going well.

I started off with Litten. I chose Rowlett in my casual playthrough and the fire kitty is cool too so why not. It was promptly named McGregor and it's a boss.

Next I catch a Ledyba on Route 1. Yep. Fucking Ledyba. It's one of the most useless Pokemon in the game and I couldn't help but feel disappointed. Nevertheless, I named it Lady and carried on.

Hau'oli Outskirts yielded me an Alolan Meowth I named Scar and the city gave me Sookie the A-Rattata.

Lady died to a Grimer in the trainer's school.
    Scar died to a puruit.
    Sookie died to a crit.

Fuck these islands.

Route 2 gave me Creeplord the Drowzee who died to Totem Raticate in the first trial because I forgot I gave him Quick Claw instead of a berry. Deep.

Hau'oli Cemetery gave me Azura the Zubat whom I loved. Red card trainer pulled her out into Stealth rocks at low health and killed her. Bastard.

Verdant Cavern gave me Diglyn Monroe the A-Diglett. Left her in against a Slowpoke and got OHKO'd by a water gun.

Route 3 gave me Von Vultur the Spearow. I'll be honest. I can't even remember how he died but die he did.

This run is a fucking bloodbath. If I was broadcasting this on YouTube I'd be hoovering up subscribers.

Current team before battling Hala is:

McGregor the Torracat
    Ashley the Oricorio (Melemele media)
    Digela Sanderson (Seaward Cave.)

13. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

Sun and Moon Nuzlocke time?

Rules: Standard Nuzlocke, forced encounters do not count and I cannot use Solgaleo when the time comes to battle the league.

Spam A for about 20 minutes before I can finally get to the part where I pick up my Pokemon. I thought when I got the game that I'd be able to replay it over and over, but the last few times I've restarted to enjoy it again the opening has just been so tedious that I've given up. But after being bored for a few hours, I decided to give it another go, and Poseidon the Popplio joins the team. It's Mild, which... well there are worse natures.

Turns out Hau has been stalking me and wanting a Pokemon battle, so I accept, even though I wasn't given the choice to refuse. He has the pre-evolution to The Disappointment known as Incineroar, and Poseidon has no problem 2HKOing it with Water Gun. Cue Level 6 and an extra $100 for basically not being brain dead. I'll take it.

More spamming of the A button as the big yellow dude notices something that is hidden in my backpack from the earlier A button spamming, and proceeds to take it from me for a day. How rude.

Mum thinks Poseidon is both cute and cool. I think my mother is cringeworthy but I keep that for myself to keep a roof over my head. Apparently spamming A is so tiring that I need to sleep for nearly 24 hours, as when I wake up, it's sunset and I need to go to a festival. The Professor who gave me my passport then proceeds to show me how to capture a Pokemon, because I've never done this before, and I proceed to ignore the forced encounter with a Pikipek and get...

Another Pikipek. Well this one isn't a forced encounter, so it counts, and I capture it and so joins Zazu. It is Hasty with the Skill Link ability (thank fuck) at level 2. A quick training montage later and Zazu is level 5, while Poseidon bailing Zazu out brings him up to level 8, giving me Disarming Voice.

A little kid stands in my way and as I go past he challenges me to a pokemon battle. His Alolan-Ratatta is no match for Poseidon's Disarming Voice, as he gets straight OHKOd by it. The next trainer has a Caterpie, which promptly becomes woodpecker-chow, and then Zazu tops it all off by going toe to toe with the final kid's Yungoos and gaining a level in the process.

I go to the festival like I was told to and bump into Hau and the pre-evolution to The Disappointment again. I am then told that I need to kick his ass again, because once just wasn't enough. Feeling confident, I go straight into the battle and

He has a Pichu. Already? I knew he got one later, but I didn't realise it was this early. Damn that means I could have caught a Pichu too. This could be bad though, both of my pokemon are weak to electric types. I try to do as much to it as I can with Zazu, despite Peck doing very little, but he doesn't seem to want to attack me for a fair few turns, going for 2 tail whips and a charm before going for thundershock. After taking 3/4 of his health, I switch into Poseidon to preserve my Zazu's life, and eat up the Thundershock for breakfast. It's not even a 3HKO. Poseidon then just cleans up with Water Gun, finishing off the Pichu and blowing back the Litten with the same. Poseidon grows to level 9 as a result, and after humiliating his Grandson, the dude in yellow gives me a magical bracelet to let people know I'm taking some sort of challenge. Eh, I'll roll with it.

I go off to the Professors house with Lillie and grab myself Neptune the Slowpoke before doing a little bit more training to get Neptune and Zazu up to Level 9. Going to the professors house means I hear him doing unspeakable things with his Rockruff and having to stand there while looking at the Bestiality loving professor as he gives me a Rotom that I can never use. This game is a massive tease. Hau shows up and wants to perv on where Lillie sleeps, before I'm told I should go to the trainer school.

I go there and get the Exp.Share and turn it off straight away before finding the grass and adding Bolts the Magnemite to the team. I go off to the beach where I caught Neptune to train up Bolts to level 9 along with the rest of the team and

SHINY WINGULL SHINY WINGULL SHINY WINGULL

FUCK THE NUZLOCKE I'VE NOT FOUND A SHINY IN YEARS

[​IMG]

And so joins Flappy the Wingull. I'm not strong on my Nuzlocke rules, do I replace Neptune with Flappy or am I allowed to use it cause it's a Shiny?

Current Team:
    Poseidon: Popplio Level 10
    Zazu: Pikipek Level 9
    Neptune: Slowpoke Level 9
    Bolts: Magnemite Level 8
    Flappy: SHINY WINGULL Level 6

14. Seratin

High Score:
    Nuzlockes are meant to be challenging and entertaining. Stick to the rules hardcore but if you get a shiny and you want to use it... Fucking use it. Choose another member of your team to die and scrap them instead. That should appease the hax gods.

15. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I would say that if you're going to keep it then put it in a box somewhere and never use it. Then you could just say that you're keeping to the spirit of the Nuzlocke.

16. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    At the end of the day you're playing to have fun and enjoy yourself. If you're scrapping a shiny and feeling bad about it because of the rules, fuck the rules.

17. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not using a shiny would be like going to war and then as the armies face off and the horns are a breath away from calling the charge, the clouds part and the sword of one thousand truths descends from the heavens to a symphony of one thousand angles and just before it hits the ground the Lady of the Lake appears, resplendent in purple finery, grabbing the sword and then offering it to you in a posture of supplication...

Um guiz... is this kewl? Rule check plz.

USE THE SHINY OMG ;_;

18. sildet

sildet Sixth Year

Use it. Especially if it has Hydration, which will translate into a Drizzle Pelipper, and will make your starter OP.

19. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

OK so Neptune gets an early grave to make room for Flappy, and I train up Flappy to Level 9 like the rest of my team before going on to the trainer school. I had more here as I typed it but I lost it because I clicked off the page and it didn't save my typing like it does on some other forums :[. My mistake. Anyway, I go and take on the trainer school, beat the 3 easy kids with Zazu and Bolts, with Bolts growing to Level 10, and Zazu is about to finish off the Elite Kid's Alolan-Grimer when all of a sudden

Crit. Fuck. Poseidon avenges his teammate and grows to level 11 in the process, while the kid gives me the TM for Work Up to apologise for killing my woodpecker. The Principle also calls me to her office, presumably to console me for my pet dying at the hands of one of her students, but I go and bury Zazu in my front Garden first. A quick stop at the Pokecenter has me ready to meet the principle. Oh, she just wants to fight? Not a word about my dead friend? OK, emotional repression it is.

Poseidon goes toe to toe with the Magnemite, however the Alolan-Meowth is a bit of a pain, flinching both Poseidon and Flappy as they are about to KO it, but Bolts comes through without anyone else dying. Poseidon also grows to Level 12 as a result.

Spam A again as Captain Ilima comes and says s/he runs a trial and s/he wants to see me compete in it, but also recommends that I train up in Haolu City first. Lillie then drags me off towards the main city, somehow not seeing a rampaging bull until it is about 10 feet away from her, and Big Yellow tells me I have to pet it. Wut? Health and Safety would have a field day with this guy. Anyway, new City, new pokemon to replace my fallen friend, after a marathon of spamming A.

I swear people have no respect for me, telling me how to say "Hello" and how to use a camera.

Cutscene Cutscene Cutscene and I am finally about to heal my pokemon before catching a new one. Oh wait what's this? Another fucking Cutscene, to tell me Lillie has mother issues. I remember now why I struggle to get past the first Island when I replay these games. At least it does get better later on.

Finally I'm all healed up, and I can go out and catch a new Pokemon, with the first encounter here being an Alolan Meowth, which joins the team as Tom. He's level 8, Hardy and has Pickup, which I think turns into the good ability as a Persian. I would have preferred an Alolan-Grimer, but Meowth is good too. He's already level 8, which tells me my pokemon should be around Level 10, so he and Flappy train up a bit together.

Wait there are Abra here? Fuck that would have been so nice. Oh well.

I run towards the Marina because that’s where Rotom tells me to go after a cutscene I didn't read, and get a cutscene about food for my trouble. Team skull then show up when I talk to the androgynous captain, and get smacked down for their trouble. Ilima heals up my pokemon, and then challenges me themselves. Yungoos is not a problem, with Flappy and Bolts combining to take it down, and Bolt learns thunder wave as a result. Perfect timing, because this Smeargle is a threat. Ilima also has too many items, healing the paralysis and recovering HP with a potion before Bolts knocks it out. Now onto the next route, and if memory serves there is also a Graveyard there where I can get a ghost type.

More cutscenes. Two in about 10 steps. Sigh.

The grass gives me a Makuhita, so Butterfly joins the team. Hariyama is a good pokemon, and I have my normal trial coming up, so I’ll take it. It’s a Relaxed nature, with Thick Fat, so I also now have a Fire and Ice resist, because I was really lacking in those. A Beauty takes me on on the way to the graveyard and her Gastly becomes Catfood as Tom reaches level 11. In the graveyard, I go straight into the grass and pick up a Gastly of my own. I have a copy of Pokemon Moon, so I can evolve it into Gengar when I want to after it becomes a Haunter, and thus Shadow the Naïve Gastly joins the team. I run back to the pokemon centre to heal up and think this is a good place to end the second part.

Current team:
    Poseidon: Level 12 Popplio
    Bolts: Level 11 Magnemite
    Flappy: Level 10 Wingull
    Tom: Level 11 Alolan-Meowth
    Butterfly: Level 9 Makuhita
    Shadow: Level 7 Gastly

Graveyard:
    Zazu the Level 9 Pikipek – I now understand why people hate crits.

Sacrificed for the Shiny Gods
    Neptune the Level 9 Slowpoke – I regret nothing.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  20. Seratin

High Score:
    Have you realised that your team now includes Tom Hardy with pickup?