1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

ootp trailer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roguelyvisage, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Roguelyvisage

Roguelyvisage First Year

2. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

It has potential, but I'm not holding my breath. The thing about trailers is they only play the best, most appealing scenes from the movie.

Is there already a thread for this? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go look for one...

3. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Yeah, there is like 2. It looks good, but after seeing all the cuts they are doing, I'm not to sure.

4. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

I agree with Rostam, the trailer does look very good but i am hearing so much negative stuff that i cant see how it will be any good.

5. Naga's Shadow

Naga's Shadow Seventh Year

The trailer did indeed look good and I will probably see it but I don't remeber a chase sceen with brooms through London, do you? The closest thing I can think of is traveling to the Order headquaters but if they flew that low their boundto be noticed.

6. Prophecies

Prophecies First Year

I thought it were brooms too, but maybe they are thestrals going to the ministry. Or maybe im blind and thats not it at all and It could be the flight to Grimauld place.

Either way, I am defenitely going to see this. :D

7. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

The trailer is bad for me for two reasons: Not enough Bellatrix and Radcliffe's acting is dreadful.

I'm looking forward to the movie, though because it looks even darker than GOF and I really want to see how certain scenes play out on screen. The memory of Snape's should be good, along with the fight at the DOM if they do it right. It think it'll be better than GOF, but ot as good as POA.

8. Prophecies

Prophecies First Year

Also Radcliffe's hair is fugly ^

9. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

Yeah, they say it was because he wasn't finished filming "December Boys" but frankly that is not fucking Harry Potter hair. I'm sorry...it just takes away from the character image, along with his eyes not being green. Is that nit-picky? Mayhaps.

10. Darkmakr

Darkmakr Seventh Year

No, the hair and eyes are essential to the the potter character, he stands out aside from the scar. Something they messed up in the first movie. Movie potter is not harry potter.

11. david9

david9 Banned

The last part and where you see a bunch of people gliding along it has to be brooms, because the thestrals weren't a smooth ride and Harry wasn't alone. Looks like they're cutting a bunch of the good stuff out and adding this crap, which will add nothing to the story...

12. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I still don't see whats so hard about a wig and colour contacts.

13. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

I agree. Dan Radcliffe sucks balls at acting and his image on top of it makes him a nightmare. I will probably watch it, but I ain't going to pay shit for it.

Btw k_writer... Afro Samurai FTW!!

14. Jeff

Jeff Third Year

From the trailor it looks like this movie will be good.

I've stated this before but what can you expect, OotP was a long book. Its not like they're going to get every little detail.

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

I know I'm going to watch it. Dan's acting seems fine. Not amazing, but its fine, you all need to stop jumping on the kid, hes what 17?

He doesn't have that much experience.

And how they look like they're flying on brooms, its really nothing. If you look closely you can tell.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  15. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Yeah, they're not riding on brooms, I don't see how anyone got that o_O They're riding on invisible horses (thestrals)

16. Prophecies

Prophecies First Year

His acting does suck, that scene in PoA where he was all like "I HOPE HE DOES FIND ME, AND WHEN HE FINDS ME I'LL KILL HIM!!!!" (or something in that context)in the snow with Hermione and Ron about Sirius Black, I just bursted out laughing it was just so comical.

Who gives a shit if he's only 17. Emma and Ruperts acting are considerable better in MOI. One would expect after 4 movies that he has experience.

Anyway, i'll still enjoy mysefl watching it though. I don't really let it bother me too much because the books are really my thing anyway. I just watch the movies for my amusement, it is still fun to watch how it gets acted out.

17. Jeff

Jeff Third Year

Did you even watch GoF?

And you're going to base your dislike of Dan's acting based on one scene? Yeah I'll admit that scene was not his best, bet the rest of the movie was fine.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  18. Prophecies

Prophecies First Year

Of course I watched GoF...several times even. Seeing as I own all the dvd's simply to have my hp collection complete.

....?

And no that was just an example. I could list some more scenes he was utter crap in but I wont. As I said, I still enjoy watching the movies even if his acting is garbage through most of them. I'm defenitely going to go see it, just because it's Harry Potter and I love Harry Potter.

19. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I've already stated my opinion, so I guess I'll help Jeff.

Radcliffe is not a terrible actor; it is the writing. He could use some work on conveying emotions, but he does do a very good job. The writing however, is shit. It's corny, and probably part of the reason you laughed at the scene in POA.

20. Prophecies

Prophecies First Year

Mostly, I laughed because the face he made was utterly ridiculous.