1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

WIP Out of the Dark and into the Green By Chim Cheree - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by cowofdoom, Feb 9, 2015.

1. salix

salix Squib

Well, now that I've read the story and looked at the reviews here it seems this hasn't been updated since February and was pushed up by Methos. Hopefully the story's not abandoned.

I'd tentatively recommend this fic. There were multiple grammatical mistakes. The Harry raised outside the Dursley's take was decently novel, especially as you get more backstory on his new guardian. His moral ambiguity is based on the ideology he is raised with, which is moderately interesting. Honestly, it feels like what has been written so far is really just a solid setup for things to come. There are parts that are engaging, especially around the start of Part II, but it just wasn't consistently engrossing for me.

3.5/5 stars from me, rounded down, with potential for improvement.