1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Some people here play a surprising variety of heroes and roles.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And some just play Roadhog...

:p

3. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I was about to say when I see a Sym and my team are having trouble with her sentries depending on the role I am I just change to Winston, so easy to destroy her sentries with him and that severely limits her effectiveness.

Then you go and kill a Winston anyway :p

4. Gengar

High Score:
    Sym melts tanks. And anyone stupid enough to come close while she's doing that.

Junkrat, McCree, Snipers if you want to rip her imo. Hanzo particularly effective, esp on 66 where she likes to hide in tunnels.

5. Krieger

Not really only shit tanks and if her sentries are up, Roadhog is one of the best counters for Sym, Winston does his job but his more used for her sentries, should still be able to easily kill her 1v1. She counters Reinhardt hard, but beyond that it's even money on D.Va and Zarya, and only if that is close range.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Still don't consider Roadhog a tank, lol, but fair enough.

Also her turrets are a part of her kit, you can't discount them...

7. Krieger

That's why I said if her sentries are up, without them she is severely limited and even Reinhardt would pwn her. The only tanks she counters close range without sentries are unskilled ones.

I barely use Roadhog as a tank either, but thats more my hook accuracy, or lack thereof. >.>

8. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Wraith mode with Reaper then blast her turrets point blank also works well.

My sole Tracer use has been Temple of Anubis, particularly Objective 1 when the other team sets up outside the gate or right in front. Blink through to the objective and spread their defense when everyone falls back to deal with you

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I always love that rhetoric, how when Symmetra beats tanks they're obviously unskilled and that's the end of the story. It could never be that the Symmetra is that much better; always that the tank wasn't good enough.

10. Krieger

Well you can say that about any single combo, just saying if both parties are even, then Sym should lose without her sentries. All tanks can out damage her, she wins because her weapon is like Winston. So yeah, it is skilled based. Doesn't mean a Sym is shit, or the tank is shit, but it does mean they lost the fight when they should have the advantage, if someone can aim (not me), a tank should be able to win.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  11. Gengar

High Score:
    Please stop saying without her sentries.

She should either always be by them, or by teammates. She's not genji/ tracer.

If a tank runs up to you, do the Symthing and win (i.e. Don't stand in front of your turrets so they can be attacked simultaneously and hop around the enemy like a bunny on crack)

12. Krieger

Think we are arguing different things here, the argument was who can take Sym 1 on 1 and we were talking about tanks. Otherwise we can go around in circles. For me, 1v1, roadhog and winston should win, reindhart should lose, d.va and zarya is really depending more on skill of both characters.

13. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Just played on the Russian map, Volskaya. I was one of four soldiers (or two soldiers and two stuntmen, I guess), with our other two heroes being a very supportive Reinhardt and a Genji. It wasn't a steamroll, but it wasn't particularly close either. Great fun.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Hmm, I don't usually find Symettra that bothersome as Zarya. A combination of longer range(both left and right click), higher damage with either attack(although tracking a target with left click can be bothersome sometimes), and definitely higher durability. That, and her turrets kind of just die to right click. Honestly, I like finding Symettras, sometimes, since her turrets are a really easy way to charge my energy.

Anyway, on a semi-related note, I visited that Guide website out of curiosity, and noticed something on there that wasn't on the wiki. I quickly checked the wiki, and it has been added in since I last checked.
    That is, I honestly did not know that a Barrier(Reinhardt, Winston and Zarya self or ally) will block the entire damage of the last hit to strike the barrier. Thus, as long as the barrier is up at the time of impact, it can be used to prevent death by D'Va/Junkrat/McCree massive damage single shot ults on yourself or a targeted ally. It does help explain why Junkrats and Pharahs with their heavy damage per hit left clicks never seem to do quite as much as I might otherwise expect(I guess I just thought I was avoiding the last hit).

Now that I know, I should be able to start doing this intentionally to greatly increase my survival rate... yay?

The more you know~

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

If you can easily shoot at all Symmetra turrets then she's doing it wrong. They should be spread out to make it impossible to take them all out at once; thus wasting their time while the Symmetra eats them. It should be either; targeting the symmetra and dying to turrets, or targeting turrets and dying to symmetra.

16. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Yeah, it's really nice being able to save your Mercy as Zarya (or Winston or Reinhardt, I suppose). Getting that last second bubble into the multiman rez usually cancels out any push the enemy might have had.

Saving yourself is always nice, too.

17. Krieger

D.Va and McCree yeah, if junkrats rip tire doesn't get shot it's hard to block even with a barrier, only misplacement of the tire will save you. All they have to do is drive through it.

Love being Reinhardt when someone is trying to get a McCree ult off, however being a McCree with an enemy Reinhardt shielding can get extremely frustrating.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Same with Tracer bomb.

19. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

One thing that really pisses me off in regards to Rip Tire is I as Pharah can chose to launch myself into the air and even from ten/twenty metres high (whatever Pharah does) I still get OHKO'd from the ground.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    ... Just shoot it...