1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Paranoia: Did someone order a backstabbing clone sandwich?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Zephyrus, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Endlessly Tilting Windmills

It looks like it's been awhile since anyone has seriously tried to run a tabletop game here on DLP.

I'm a newbie GM and for my first game, I've decided to run Paranoia, which looks to be all kinds of fun.

I've got two slots open (possibly three if interest is high) and I'm poking about to see if there's any interest out there somewhere. Thus far, two other players, namely Mindless and Tehan, have already confirmed their participation and we're hoping for, at the very least, one more player.

We haven't quiet hashed out the game times yet, but here are some possible options:

Every other Sunday: 11:30 PM EST
    Monday: 11:30 PM EST
    Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30 PM EST

All games will be once a week, will not exceed a maximum of four hours, and will have a minimum run time of 3 hours. Keep in mind that this schedule is rather tentative due to the nature of retail, which is my field of work. Some days, we can start earlier if I happen to be off. Otherwise, assume those times are the norm. Feel free to chime on what times suit you best.

Also, if you wish to know more about Paranoia or tabletopping in general, ask away.

Anyone want to blast some dirty mutant commies?

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

The simile I've found most appropriate (read: thought up like five minutes ago) to describe Paranoia is futuristic 1984 run by an AI, except the AI's running Windows Vista.