1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Percy/Calypso Fic

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Little Knee, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

Is there anyone here know any good Percy Jackson fic featuring Percy/Calypso as pairing? I've tried to browse FFnet, and even asking several PJO forums for weeks now, but none of them could provide me even an average-quality Percy/Calypso fic. I know that several of you have read PJO and found the books to be good, and also - like Andromalius here - found several good, nice, PJO fic, so I wonder if any of you know about it. Thanks.

2. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I've also been looking for a good Percy/Calypso fic, the problem is that the PJO fandom has an incredibly small number of good fanfictions to its name - none of which are Percy/Calypso.

3. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I've been looking for a good PJO fic at all. Haven't found a single one.

4. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I wish there was no pairing in Percy Jackson. Hate the one he is with.

5. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Xed Alpha's Broken Bow series is good as far as PJO fanfiction goes.

6. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Unspeakable

I have to ask, who's Calypso? It's been a couple years since I read the book series, so if she was a legend/minor character in it, it slips my mind. The only Calypso that comes to mind is from PotC, and she seems a bit...old for dear Percy, more in the mindset than actual age, which when dealing with immortals gets thrown out the window.

7. Agayek

Agayek Alchemist

In Greek myth, she's the daughter of Atlas and a titan of the sea whose name I'm blanking on. She's best known for kidnapping Odysseus and keeping him as a love-slave for 7 years.

IIRC, in PJO she's only ever present in one scene where she talks to Percy and convinces him that supporting the gods is the right thing to do, because they're family. She's a bit-character that exists solely to act as a catalyst in a decision Percy has to make.

Also, OP, if you're looking for decent PJO fics, there's a couple in the Other Fandoms WBA by Ryuugi Shi. Both are crossovers and are currently incomplete (and been stuck at a cliffhanger for a couple months now), but they're pretty good.

8. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I went to his profile, but was afraid to open any of the stories. Are any of them Percy-centric?

9. yak

yak Moderator Moderator DLP Supporter

I stopped there too. If Xed Alpha's profile is any indication of the quality of his fics, then burn that shit.

10. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

His profile is not indicative of the quality of his stories. Broken Bow is a decent series; it's not Percy-centric, but it's still worth checking out.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Then thanks but no thanks. Percy himself is the only interesting thing in the PJO series for me. Well, not the only thing, but without him, I doubt I'd avoid being bored to death.

I may check it out if I'm bored, or something.