1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Persona 5 [PS4]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Sowaka

Sowaka Second Year

Recently I got myself a used PS3 and the Japanese version of Persona 5.

Overall a really good game. I think everyone already knows about its positives, like the great execution of the "group of friends experience" etc., so I'll just add some small points.

The game recreates Tokyo really well. I'm not gonna tell you it's just like real life, but it does fit perfectly with the general idea of Tokyo I have from when I lived there. That said, I think the areas are too small and there are way too many loading screens between them. Perhaps some other developer with open world experience would be able to make the entire Shibuya station seemless, for example. I think it should be possible, even on the PS3.

Also I don't think Haru was a necessary character. She was introduced late and rather forcefully. I'd prefer if any time spent on her were used to flesh out other characters even more.

I did look up what the Royal re-release adds, and well, more of a good game is always nice, but it doesn't seem too essential and the game already ended perfectly as is.