1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Johndoe022, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

As most people know Planetside 2 http://www.planetside2.com/ is coming out in Beta testing pretty soon. I just got my code today after I responded to a few tweets off of their twitter account. So I was wondering is there any interest in forming a DLP Vanu Sovereignty outfit?

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Looks good. Applied for a key. Here's to hoping I get one. :D

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck Vanu. New Conglomerate for life!

4. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Terran Republic up in here.

Found out around a month or so ago I won one of the give-away's they were having on Facebook and they posted the package through my door this morning, wasn't expecting it but I got 5 priority access B-keys to go with my t-shirt, stickers & dog tags.

In short, yes, rather interested, I always wanted to play the original but when you're only 11, you have not the money for a monthly payment, nor probably the patience, but hey. Fingers crossed they announce a beta date soon enough.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dibs on a beta key, if I don't get mine soon. :3

6. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I would love a beta key if you can spare and I don't get mine. :D

7. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'd like to ask for a beta key as well if you have any left over.

And I'm so down for a DLP clan.

8. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Dunno if you're interested in Smite but I have a beta key for that if you want to trade. If not I could just take one, I submitted my own application for beta but no go yet.

9. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Gonna sit on the keys for now (well, minus the one I used for myself because I'd have been daft not to), none of my friends have shown any interest what-so-ever so I'll probably just sit on them till the beta's announced and then hand them out, till then you can always spam their twitter account with artwork regarding your Empire, seems to be popular.

That said, whenever they're at a con or event they seem to enjoy kittens and fan-art if it's Betakey Bill and company. A DLP clan/group would be pretty amazing, though I imagine not so good to us Europeans.

Edit; Not so sure how it'll work when they'll be throwing out the Beta keys in waves, I know PS1 vets and I think it was PC Gamer codes get access but I daresay these won't be long after. Just hoping if someone gets a code of me they don't get another from SOE a few days/weeks later that'll probably be locked to their account =\.

10. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

11. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I loved the first beta test of PS1 for this reason. I got chosen, and it was back in the days of dialup. They sent me the game on a bunch of discs, with a few stickers and a cool poster. No one else did that, and I beta tested a ton of stuff.

I got my PC Gamer code forever ago and entered it, and yet I'm still not in the beta, and I'm a PS1 player. Odd. Installed the FB app though, maybe that'll help.

Vanu Sov ftw =P

12. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

New Conglomerate. God, PS1 Beta was probably the most enjoyable gaming experience I've had. So much camaraderie, so many epic exploits to abuse. Hopefully this will be as fun :)

Bah, DLP should get a guild together. I'm up for any of the factions tbqh.

Dlper Faction
    johndoe Vanu || NC (he can't make up his mind)
    Dovaeklin NC
    BsuperB Tr
    Midknight Vanu
    DvorakQ Any

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  13. Beonid

Beonid Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I'm keen to get in on a DLP outfit. I haven't played PS1, so I don't have much of a preference for any of the factions.

14. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

If you have a twitter account & tweet them a picture of your PS1 stuff/proof of it like the box or something as was popular back when E3 was on when a number of PS1 vets who hadn't read about the beta were complaining, you should get a code AND get flagged to be one of the first waves in because, y'know, PS1 vets get in earlier than everyone else. Sounds fair to me though I know others don't think so.

Might take a while though because since word spread they're giving out codes on twitter, they got absolutely bombarded with tweets and I didn't get one reply in 90 tweets, fan-art included. That said, they seem to have a keen-eye regarding PS1 vets.

15. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

I was checking out a webpage that had ps1 vets doing a poll on what faction they would play and it seems like New Conglomerate is underwhelmed in getting recruits. Now I like ray guns but NC faction has some of the hardest hitting weapons (not to mention the hardest hitting tank in the game). So I might switch. Besides I kinda like being outnumbered.

16. Midknight

I tried to associate my facebook PS2 app with my station name earlier. And while it worked, I see my station name doesn't have PS1 designated to me any more for some reason o_O Don't have the box or cd key anymore, nor access to the email account I used when I was actually playing. No idea why the hell it thinks I didn't own PS1. Am disappoint. :facepalm

As for faction, I don't care, I'll go where everyone else is going.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  17. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

18. Midknight

19. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

Minor point, just Paladins has dlp in it so its a sign to join!! Long live the Vanu Sovereignty!

20. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Just a quick post to say that Beta is 'coming within the next month' according to Josh Hackney, Executive Producer. Expected invitee's will be mostly, if not exclusively PS1 vets so, just thought I'd put this up anyway - Source