1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Playstation 3 discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by The Dark Monarch, Nov 15, 2006.

?

What is better in your opinion?

1. Playstation 3

29 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Nintendo Wii

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. XBOX 360

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Darkmakr

Darkmakr Seventh Year

The name may suck, for the Wii, but they have innovation factor. The first with the rumble pack, the first with the controllers that respond to their location in the air. I remember playing a racing game, and i would hold the controller to the side while making a turn. Now that'll actually do something.

I'm thinking the 360 might be top of the NA market for a year and then the Wii will eventually beat it out, once it's games start really coming out.

2. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Well see, the only problem the wii is going to face with it being able to sense motion, and you having to do the action........is in actuality the freaken gamer. Sorry guys, but most gamers that I have ever seen do not actually like to have to do some sort of stupid action in order for it to do it in the game.

I mean, I guess the whole think behind the wii is to get gamers into shape, and that is the problem. Gamers "Don't" want to have to be in shape to play games, and they do not want to have to be forced to work to just have fun. I mean honestly, when I get home Exhausted, and need something to do to entertain myself, there is no way in hell I am going to be wasting more energy then I need to on the Wii.

We have all seen the Nintendo guns that you have to have in order to play those shooting games, but the fact is, they broke easy and even if you did keep them in good condition. The games got boring real quick. The only games that I can see the Wii would have advantage over is in the car racing games as previously mentioned. I turn with my controller some times as well (yes I will admit it) but in the end, this is the only game that I actually want to apply movement for.

Sorry, but if I am going to be playing a first person shooter, I sure as hell aint going to be running around my freaken room in order to get the damn game to do what I want.

The PS3 is going to win after just a few months I am sure. It's technology is so advanced, that it is freaken revolutionizing the way the other systems are going to work. Its graphics are said to kick ass, and the controllers are no longer freaken boomerangs. Plus the fact that it is using "Blue Ray"!!! Just that fact alone makes it unbeatable.

I will say, that the fact that the technology that the PS3 currently holds, that it is definitely worth its $600 and probably more. But I am not willing to pay that much for the system and that is the difference. Quite frankly the only game console I am willing to spend that much money on is a PC. I mean lets face it guys, it is the best system in the world, and it always will be.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  3. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

Persanley I think that Void has hit the nail on the head with this one.

4. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

Void i'm guessing you are basing your whole opinion of the wii off of the commercials that are on tv where the movements the people make are extremely exaggerated. All you have to do to know that is watch videos of people playing at the multiple games shows. The only time watching those i ever saw movement that would be tiring in the least was with one game where you are supposed to be a conductor of an orchestra.

You would not be running around your room under any circumstances unless you're an idiot who doesn't read the controls for the game. The general movements that I have seen don't require an movement but that of your wrists.

There are exceptions of course but most games will not require movement that would be in anyway tiring or uncomfortable. Unless you happen to weigh 600 pounds?

OK now that I'm done with that, I'm getting a wii first and i'm not getting a ps3 till the price drops a bit. The PS3 is the better system in my mind and this will definitely show after 2+ years when the game developers become familiar with the system and start to learn how to get the best out of it.

So towards the middle to end of this generation the PS3 with it's extra power and blue ray capabilities will probably be able to blow the other consoles out of the water game quality wise.

5. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    The systems coming out today, are going to be for kid's my age, and a few years older. The reason that PS3 and 360 are better than the Wii, is because they are coming out with new titles all the time.

As for innovation, Assassins Creed, a PS3 game, will have crowds that actually respond to you, AI crowds, that can help you or fuck you in your mission.

I'm not naive, besides, I never said that the Nintendo lost. If it lost, they wouldn't be making a new one. It's still one of the best systems around, compared to 360 it's better, but compared to the PS3, it's a loser.

1. PC - will always beat any system. But barring that, PS3, Wii, 360.

2. PS3

3. Wii

6. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

I'm getting a PS3 in 4 months hopefully the price will have dropped.

7. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

Assassins Creed is coming out for 360 and the PC by the way.

I'm at a loss for what I want to get. Guess unlike everyone here I'm just thinking Wii or 360. I might just get the Wii and build a nice computer because almost all the games I want to play are also on the PC.

I'll just get a wired 360 controller and use that with my computer. I'll have better graphics and I won't need to spend tons of money on a new HD tv.

8. Fulgar

Fulgar Second Year

What are you talking about? Assassins Creed is only coming out for the 360 and Ps3.

9. mcatrage

10. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

11. The Dark Monarch

I think that the Resistance: Fall Of Man will be a great engaging game from what I've seen.

12. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

Gears of War is better than resistance.

13. The Dark Monarch

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!! This Just In!!!!!!

Two men shot a person outside walmart who refused to give them money to buy a ps3. The man is in stable condition.

14. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I refuse to buy any gaming system because my computer (and it's unlimited distractions) provide me with all the wasted time I need.

I find it hilarious that people are robbing the lines that are camped out waiting for one, and even more hilarious that people are actually selling their places in line to people.

*hint*

If you took off work and/or school to wait in line for a video game system, it's a pretty good indicator that you have a problem and should probably do yourself a favor by seeking mental help.

15. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Personally, although the Ps3 looks good, i wouldn't pay that much for a console, and the launch titles aren't amazing, so I won't be buying it straight away.

Wii on the other hand looks like instant fun outta the box.

I will eventually be buying a Ps3, about the time the new GTA comes out, and hopefully the price for the console will have dropped significantly

16. Fulgar

Fulgar Second Year

:eek: I can't believe I missed that. >_<

People are selling their places to others? Thats just sad...
    Sushiz, GoW is third person while FoR is a Fps and also the multiplayer is free, comparing the 2 (while similar in the shooter genre) is like comparing a tomato and a potato, sharing a lot of the same letters but being completely different.

17. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    You will be able to do that with the Wii as well. It will come with wireless capabilities and Opera built in. Sure, it won't be exactly like your computer, but neither will the PS3.

Now then, why are we having a discussion about which of the three will win the console wars when Nintendo has already stated many times that they did not design their console to directly compete with the 360 or the PS3? They are just going for a wider audience.

The Wii is more than just backwards compatible with all of Nintendo's previous consoles. You will be able to play games from the Sega Genesis, the TurboGrafx-16, the Commodore 64, and the MSX.

18. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

ROFL. No. Nintendo in no way held it's own, it barely made enough to stay out of the red, and that's only due to it's games being catered to children for the most part, and it's portable gaming section. Nintendo lost the support of 3rd party due to insane high fees Nintendo wanted to be paid from it's overinflated ego as a company thinking that due to the success of NES/SNES/Gameboy that there was no other option. In addition their choosing to use cartridages for the N64 and it's gimped power.

the 360 will win this generation due to the build in online structure it has with Xbox Live! Sony's current got the most gimped fucking system I've ever seen for online gaming, with it's online potential limited to text messages you have to exit a game to see, or predone messages. Gears of War alone will cause a great deal of folks to get the 360, just like the next Final Fantasy will make folks buy the PS3. There's a bunch of other great titles for the 360 out now, with the PS3 having next to nothing save for Resistance worth playing at launch.

Aye, that's because no one will be buying it. You can only play Mario so many times, only now you get to swing the controller around like a retard to do anything. Just wait until you swing the controller around in Zelda like a sword... you feel fucking stupid. I'd buy the Wii if I didn't have a PC, and still wanted to play all the old Nintendo games. As is however, I have emulators for free to do that. It can play all the old gamecube games however just fun as well, so you should be able to pick them up dirt cheap.

Anyone thinking Wii will win this generation war is deluding themselves. They may be the fun innovative system, but being innovative alone won't make the system sell more then the many times stronger 360 or PS3, considering you're paying a premium for graphics that are on par with the gamecube, all for what? A motion sensitive controller?

I've played all three, and hands down the 360 is the best so far, but that will easily change once the PS3's partners like Square start cranking out the RPGs. The 360 will stay home to sports and FPS games with multiplayer compatibility, while the Wii is going to be a kiddie system, and for nostalgia gamers who want to try new ways to play old games.

For the record I respect Nintendo for trying new things, but in todays market, they can't keep living off of Mario, Zelda, Metriod and Pokemon. If they tried new things, in addition to having the support, in addition to stop making so many childish games, in addition to having designers with some sort of clue, then maybe they'd be better. I'd expect them to be alright with this system, but in no way be the top, not even in Japan where they're loved.

I'll stick with my PC and modded xbox with 50 games loaded =P My PC will display graphics many times stronger then what you see even in the PS3, especially after DX10 comes out with Vista, massive modding potential, media center now that it's hooked to a 32 inch LCD screen, etc.

That's reaching though Link, who wants to pay such a high premium to be able to play games a 50$ gameboy can handle flawlessly?

Anyway right now the PS3 isn't worth the cash, and with them taking 270$ bath with each unit sold, the price isn't going to come down for a LONG time. Hold off until next year's price drop, and get a nicebundle instead

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  19. mcatrage

Oh thank god I thought I was the only one who thinks the Wii will fail just like the gamecube and be just for kids.

In regards to PS3 vs 360 I'm hoping the 360 will get some rpgs, I really liked fable so I hope the sequel is even better.

I'll probally be getting the 360 either for christmas or I'll wait for a graduation gift.

20. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

The 360 has a big rpg coming out in January made by the wonderful people at Bioware the people who made the first Kotor game.