1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Playstation 3 discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by The Dark Monarch, Nov 15, 2006.

?

What is better in your opinion?

1. Playstation 3

29 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Nintendo Wii

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. XBOX 360

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Mech Angel.V.2.

Mech Angel.V.2. Second Year

Wii. Twilight princess has scored so high on every review show I have watched. Plus, Zelda does not look like a kiddy game now, not even in the way OoT did. I barely recognized it. Red steel sword fighting is something I did at a friend's house, and it was fuckin' sweet. RAYMAN was fun! How is that possible? Excite Truck was cool. 4 titles at launch that kicked ass? Im getting a Wii. I love old games, I admit it. Even though Im young, Zelda, Mario, Sonic, Fox, Mega man etc. Also, ya gotta love the underdog

2. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    http://nexgenwars.com/
    Vote, and then be prepared to weep you PS3 lovers. The Wii seems to be the most popular with voters in this contest.

3. kratosgodofwar

kratosgodofwar Looked into the void

this guy that goes to my school is getting one for chirstmas so lucky. i want to get ps3 for a game called resistance. and i want to get xbox360 for a game called gears of war

4. uriel

uriel Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I think the Wii will be better as a gaming device. Nintendo seem to focus more on making games fun without worrying so much about how awesome the graphics are, where as Sony just want to make a super-awesome piece of tech.

Also saw this quote on www.gizmodo.com comparing the ps3 and wii

"Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PlayStation Portable."
    -Sony Australia & New Zealand general manager Nic Foster

seems like even sony think the wii will be better

5. Element

Element Seventh Year

Laughing my arse off at that quote. Nice find.

I don't know if you follow gaming news as much as I do, but Australian Sony (and to a lesser extent, Nintendo) execs are notorious for talking out of their arse, and generally getting in trouble. I'll just try and dig up a few examples now.

Sony exec questions high price of Wii, 360 hardware.

Same exec = "Sorry you didn't have the opportunity to buy a PS3 this year, but I'm sure it beats lining up in a queue for hours on end only to be told the store has sold out."

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  6. RockMuncher

RockMuncher Guest

I'm withholding my judgement until the bugs are worked out (360 noise and overheating, PS3 1080i resolution problems, anyone?) of all the new consoles, and the game libraries are expanded.

I remember the entire ps2 laser burnout problem, and the Xbox laser problems that only occurred after owning the console for 6 months. I'll only buy a third or fourth version console...I'm sick of having to re-buy equipment that should still work.

Of course, that didn't stop me from trying to pre-order the PS3, and Xbox360 so I could sell those suckers on e-bay.

Nintendo Wii looks like a fun little gaming console, but how long it will last depends on game developers, I think.

As for me... I'm getting a gamecube. Cheap with a library full of games I haven't played yet.

I'm a cheapskate, but I prefer being called a discerning buyer. :)

7. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Either way, the PS3 has to be one of the biggest flops in gaming history.

8. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Man, i've done a U-turn, I'm getting a PS3 just for FFXIII it look's sexy as fuck.

9. CHUCKNORRIS

CHUCKNORRIS Failed abortion attempt

Psh Wii and Ps3 got some issues.

The Wii controllers are slipping out of people hands and breaking stuff, problem.

The Ps3 overheats so fast its terrible. I asked a guy working at an electronics store why the Ps3 Demo game playing place thing was empty and he told me that just after an hour of solid game playing it overheated and they had to take it in the back and wait for it to cool down.

Xbox 360 is ok. It is pretty much just a tuned up xbox(which its suppose to be) and there are better games for the xbox 360. Like how halo 3 and halo wars are coming out for 360 only. And as a halo fan this sways my opinion a bit.

10. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I've played 360 with my brother's friends. I've played Wii with my cousin. I have to say this PS3 beats all. I was over at my friend's house who was lucky enough to get one for Christmas. Resistance: Fall of Man was amazing. It is a game to rival the Halo franchise. From what I've seen the PS3 is definitely the best system.

11. X-Man

X-Man Second Year

The price for the PS3 is actually worth it, I mean its the cheapest blu-ray dvd player on the market(blu-ray dvd players are like a thousand dollars) , also sony says that there won't be a price drop for a long while. Also Sony says that they wont be making a new system for a decade. Well thats what they said in an interview to Game Informer. I have about 4 hundred save up for it right now and hopefully i'll be able to get it next month.

I bought the Wii last month, and trust me its fun. Theres nothing better than actually doing a Kamehaha on Budokai Tenkaichi, and the Zelda game has a more dark theme than windwaker. Plus madden is more real with all the motions for it.

I got the 360 about 8 months ago and its been fun ever since. Dead rising is so fun I'm surprised i'm not playing it now. Gears of war is so fucking sweet and it has the best graphics for a video game ever. I can't wait to get my hands on crackdown and Assain's Creed.

So I'm lucky enough to afford all three of the systems, but I think the Wii is going to do the best this generation.

Its pretty sad that I can afford all these systems when I'm just a low level dishwasher. But atleast I get to polish all my deadly kitchenware. I pity the fool who tries to steal my systems away.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  12. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Sony are backpedaling on that. Price has already been dropped in Japan due to very poor sales over there. If sales don't pick up I figure its not going to be long before the price drop hits other territories too.

Overall though, regardless of the price the PS3 is still the best available of the three. Its the only console I'll be buying, probably around next Christmas time.