1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny - Harry Potter Hostel Crossover!

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Xanatos, May 20, 2007.

1. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

I've just watched this movie, I'm not hugely impressed but had a good idea I Might take up for a one shot or a whole fic.

Basically, like the movie, muggles are captured and the purebloods get off on the torture, but since its wizards, the torture can go on and on.

I would've thought if someone wanted, to use this as an older Harry, auror, coming across this and pushing him towards using the darker side of magic because of the torture their.

Any thoughts?

2. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

No. There's no plot, no point, and certainly no literary value. It'd be nothing but mindless torture.

3. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And it took you 8 whole days to come up with that wonderfully eloquent statement? I'm impressed.

4. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

I disagree with MrINBN. The movies good, and I think it would do for a good (if short) fic if written well.

I think the real question would be what would happen to Harry. I think it'd be a good predecessor for a darker Harry story where the war has been going for much longer than people expected it to.

Say Harry encountered this Hostel place and was kept there for some reason (perhaps he was mistaken for a muggle and taken to be tortured), and somehow he got out but because of all the twisted sadistic stuff he saw there, or due to huge amounts of torture, part of his mind went insane.

As I said before, I think as a part of a darker Harry's past this would be a good plot bunny thing. Like an extended flashback. Or a Prequel.

5. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Actually, Mordecai, it took 8 days for me to notice the thread. And I still stand by my opinion that it would be a pointless fic. The way I see it is: Harry is captured and tortured. He escapes and decides to start torturing people. Then what? Where would it go after this?

6. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Actually, if you had read my post, you would have seen that it was a small part of the plot, and that harry didn't get captured or tortured.

I thought it would be an original way to make Harry change his mind about his offensive arsenal in the war. Him coming across a place where Purebloods payed to torture muggles to their hearts content, magically kept alive until the torturer runs out of ideas of how to hurt the victim.

Could have made a nice one shot or small crossover.