1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(d/t) V

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That sounds very American Gods.

An interesting premise mind you. But I feel the power creep would be totally out of hand.

2. TheTycat

TheTycat Second Year

High Score:
    Power creep could definitely be a problem. Too many highly skilled wizards running around for centuries longer than normal is certainly an issue, especially if there's much room to grow past Dumbledore's canon skill. But it could work if there is a limit to how powerful a wizard could get in the context of duels. I imagined wizards hitting glass ceilings and then transitioning into more esoteric magic that's less directly useful in a fight. Horcruxes should also mean power creep is less important. If you and your opponent are practically immortal, straight up fights are going to matter less. Duels between the really powerful wizards should be rare events. Indirect attacks to discredit a wizard's concept or supporters are the more common conflicts.

3. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Minister of Magic

Okay... I can't get a scene out of my head. It's an alternate Python gag.

HP/ASoIaF

Setup:
    Figured Gringotts finds a way to get HP back for screwing with their rep and swiping their dragon. They tell him to get his shit and get out, so he visits his vault and they shut the door behind him with an ominous, "Gringotts will have their due."

Later:

He finds himself rebuilding Moat Cailin, because he really doesn't have anything better to do, it's in the middle of nowhere, and people are oddly twitchy about magic in general. Basically he's the Walder Frey of the crossroads of the North and South, only not as much of a dick.

Scene:

Robert and caravan are heading north to annoy Ned. They come to a halt at the Fortress, because the Kingsroad/causeway is blocked where it really shouldn't be.

Harry pops his head out one of the tower windows to see what's what, only to find a pissed off and drunk Robert.

"OURS IS THE FURY!"

"Oy!" Harry yells back. "Did you say you're a furry, mate? Not really something someone randomly yells. Not that I can't see it. Lots of horses. Say, you're not a brony are you? Fucking bronys. You got a thing for Pinkie Pie, mate?"

~ and then it kind of devolves from there.