1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Political Alliances by Agent-G - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Psychotic Cat, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Title: Political Alliances
    Author: Agent-G
    Fandom: Naruto
    Genre: General/Romance
    Rating: M
    Pairing: Naruto/Temari
    Chapters: 40
    Words: 210,764
    Updated: Nov 12, 2010
    Published: Aug 18, 2008

Link: fanfiction.net
    Summary: After the failed invasion, Suna decides on making a marriage alliance with Konoha to strengthen ties with them. They chose Temari but for her new husband they chose the most unusual choice in Naruto. How will this new alliance affect both their lives?

-

This just updated today and when I noticed I thought I'd check to see if it had been posted here, to my surprise it hadn't.

This is one of my favorite Naruto fics right now, despite what one may think of when seeing the arranged marriage plot, it is not simply an excuse for badly written smut but an actual well thought out plot.

The story starts in Suna showing the logic that leads them to make the offer which is surprisingly sound, as is the reasoning behind Konoha accepting.

My favorite part is the characterizations, not only of the happy couple dealing with their impending marriage but also Temari interacting with the Leaf given not only does she have to deal with resentment from the recent invasion but also just who it is she's marrying.

I give it a 4/5 since while the story is great, there are enough errors in spelling and such that keep it from being 5/5

Checked by Minion, February 11, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The first line. The first, fucking line. Also, I'm gonna read+review properly later.

3. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Well you never know.

Maybe the story is referencing ice cream?

Temari could be enjoying a delicious double scoop of mint chocolate chip.

Actually, if that were the case, I'd have to declare this story instant win.

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I really dislike the political marriage setup for a Naruto/Temari pairing. It's just too convenient.

5. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Overall, this story gets a 3/5 in my opinion.

I am tempted to give it a 4/5, but that's only because of the pairing (I <3 Naruto/Temari stories). The fact is, I've seen this exact plot elsewhere - and despite how nice the Naruto Temari interaction is, to me the story isn't really progressing.

With the introduction of Danzo as an antagonist in fact, I view it simply as another plotline that will just impede the progression of the story. I may of course revise my assesment later on down the line, but I think I'm just pissed that we've seen thirteen chapters and Sasuke is only just now about to begin his little rebellion in the name of stupidity.

6. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

The biggest issue I have with this fic is that it's trying to be a few different things at once, and falls short on all of them because of that. The big issue beyond that is that nothing of value is really happening plotwise, and all of the 'character development' feels contrived. If the events that have happended so far were used to build up to something bigger, then I could forgive it, but I don't think they are going to be used in any way that is of worth or value.

This fic is very mediocre. =/

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Real review time.

Okay, I'm currently on chapter three and the major problem I have with this fic is that the author has absolutely no idea on how to use a comma. There are a few misspellings that annoyed me, but it seemed more like he just went through the spell check and immediately chose the top answer rather than picking the correct word he needed. It's very annoying and I'll mark him down for it because it's seeming like I have to decipher the sentence before I can read it and then fit it in to the context of the other deciphered sentences >_>.

Will update with plot review when I'm done. Also I hate my allergies D:.

8. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

It's pretty average. Not bad, but it doesn't stand out and I've seen enough stories like it that I just can't endure reading anymore of it.

2.5/5