1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Potter's Resistance 1: Breaking Ties by IP82 - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Lutris, Nov 13, 2005.

1. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Excellent story fun to read really liked the dumbles chess scene. what are the pairings planned?

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

In part 1, none.

In second book, probably nothing permanent for Harry. As for NPC's... I have some ideas but nothing is certain yet.

Things that are certain: No H/Hr; No H/G; No slash;

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I LOVE THIS STORY!!!

The fact that you write so well when English isn't your first language makes me sad for myself (I am illiterate. My African male nurse, Umabatu, reads everything to me.)

Oh well, Keep WRITING!!! and Update soon!!! :D :D :wink: :wink:

4. Pai

Pai Guest

Wouldn't this make an great H/Tonks?

I mean his been playing around with her for a few scenes now. Beating her at her own game and all.

Harry could keep pulling stunts like this for his cover. Later on tonks goes over her memories and wonders why each wittiness they questioned flirted with her the same way.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I generally have two minds about Harry/Tonks. It was orriginal and interesting at first, but then the pairng was taken over by 13 year old romantic-crazed girls, who ruined it like all the other pairings they managed to get their hands on (H/Hr & H/G).

What I generally don't like about this pairing is that Tonks usually takes a dominant role in relationship (her being older and all) and starts pushing Harry around. If I did this, it would only be after part 2, when Harry gathers some experience and is able to enter a relationship on even ground.

So, yes H/T seems like a possibility, but only after the second part.

6. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

Not bad.... not bad at all.

I took me a while to read the whole thing but I"m proud to say that I'm done!! I love the fact that you have fewer, but longer, chapters. I hate having to wait for the next one to load every 10 minutes.

The whole drumstick scene at t he end was just hilarious, yet it's very cannon that Harry only manages to win/escape with a little help from his old buddy Luck.

Anyways, This story has definitely made it on to my top 10 favourite stories. Keep up the good work and update soon!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tonks is interesting because she can hold her own and she has special powers, but she IS NOT a great fighter (see the fight at the end of OOTP) She tripped down the stairs and was defeated anyway. I like her, but he needs someone DECENT. Someone on par with Kingsley Shacklebolt would be perfect (He did head the hunt for Sirius Black, the most WANTED wizard in the World at one point, so his track record must be pretty good.)

Maybe an OC hitwitch.

either way, don't worry about it for a LONG while. Harry first needs to get his shit together.

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I agree completely. I hate it when authors have Harry train for a month or two and then spend the next year working on hooking up with some high-maintance chick (example: The rise of the grey lord).

I mean, he's at first like "No more slacking! It's time for me to start working hard and bring the fight back to Voldemort!" But then he suddenly notices how Ginny is not a little girl anymore and how she had so nicely filled up... And puff!

All his dedication is gone, as the blood purs down to his dick and all he can think about is "what is this raging feeling in my heart?", coz he's of course an emotionall criple, seeing how he has never been loved before... Boo fucking ha.... Get over yourself, you self-centered concieted little prick. Stop thinking with your dick for a single moment and look at the bigger picture!

9. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Personally, if I were Harry, I'd take the chick and tell the Wizarding World to fuck off, but that's just me.

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yes, that's another solution, but you can hardly have both the training to save the world and teenage romance at the same time. There's very good reason why they don't allow chicks during military training.[/quote]

11. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

My suggestion?

For all of those H/G crap things.
    Give her what she wants, play with her emotions. Then at the height of everything, torture and kill :lol:

12. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I'm enjoying the story, but I absolutely despised the duel scene. Death Eaters using joke hexes is idiotic IMO. And after betraying the Department of Mysteries, becoming a Death Eater in the first place, staying in Azkaban for 15 years, and almost being caught off guard with important information, I doubt Rockwood would fuck around for an hour with Harry in the middle of an alley using joke hexes and then actually feel bad about killing him.

Other then that though, I'm looking foward to the update

13. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

1) The duel lasted maximum 15 minutes, with Rookwood playing with Harry for less than 5. Certainly not nearly an hour (that's a mistake many authors make - try to imagine any duel lasting an hour).

2) I think I explained that Rookwood is not your typical enforcer kill-em-all death eater. He's a researcher and a spy. He had joined Voldemort in hope to help the advancement of knowledge, not exterminate mudbloods etc... He probably killed a few people in duels, but he's not a cold blooded killer.

He's like some Nazy researcher working on new models on Panzer tanks - dangerous in his own rank and working for the 'evil' side, but would probably puke his guts if he ever see a conc. camp...

3) Harry never tried to kill Rookwood. If he had fired AK's, I guess Rookwood would have acted differently. This way, he had taken Harry for something like a joke.

4) Rookwood had just spend ~50 days pent up in a small space, working on complicated formulas and only leaving the small room for an hour or so each 2 weeks. He was stir crazy, itching for some release.

5) Rookwood is WAY better dueler than Harry. In head-to-head duel, Harry stood practically no chance at all. If Harry was a little better, Rookwood wouldn't have been so lax.

I hope this somewhat justifies his actions.

14. DarkPhoenix2500

DarkPhoenix2500 Second Year

I started to read, and i finished like the first 3 chapters @_@ then i forgot about so i went back and read it again, and i must say......>_> bravo, i enjoy this story and await the next update

15. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Yeh though you did mention that he was throwing the occational dark curse along with some of the prank magic, if only some would pay closer attention. *wistful sigh* How far are you along on your next chapter?

16. True Story

True Story Third Year

Hey, erm I normally don't do this but...when can we expect an update?

17. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

ya, i'm curious about when the next update will be to.

18. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Err.... next chapter? Update? W..what are those? D..d..don't have any of that! Get away! Get away from me!!! Arrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!

Seriously, I've been very, very lazy. *bows head shamefully*

As usual, I have everything planned out, but once I finally get to typing it, it all goes haywire, with a bunch of digressions and needless details etc. Have ~6,000 words so far, but there's a lot more to be done before the next chapter is ready.

Sorry, I'll try to work faster.

19. True Story

True Story Third Year

Please tell me that the voice inside Ron's head is not Grindlewald....It would certainly be interesting if it was.....another Dark Lord in the making...In the Crouch adopts Harry story I am writting, I have a similar idea...I think it will be quite surprising, first chapter almost finished! :D

20. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

I think that the voice was Ron himself. Don't you have the same annoying squeaky voice in your head always trying to give you stupid advice? Or is it just me? :shock: :D :wink: