1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Project Terra: Cool Nation Sim.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Tenages, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I get what it means. I'm not upset at it. I've just decided to stop playing the game due to the inherent instabilities/amount of time that goes down the shitter in an Alpha game.

2. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

:/ you cant do war across servers FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Welp there goes my massive standing army. Start again from the beginning on the srable server! I'll beready to join in about a month :/

3. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No everyone is in the same boat. Infantry and jeeps are the way to go ;)

4. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

You get like a billion as startup funds. Buy some power, infra, resource extractors (not too many of those, it's merely to ensure your people stay happy and productive) and an army barracks, and spend the rest on infantry and jeeps, and you should be just fine.

No, seriously. You should see the nation strength of the guys we're hitting. Plus there's like 7 of them, last count, not all of whom even have military. You'll be fine.

5. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

War you say? Time to fire up the processed rubber extractors! *Rubs hands greedily*

6. Mordecai

High Score:
    Processed rubber is of no use at this stage, only normal rubber. Processed rubber is needed for Heavy Tanks, which take 3 stages of 2 day research. Normal rubber is needed for jeeps, which take no research.

7. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

Yeah, I checked the market beforehand and noticed normal rubber was selling for a fair bit more.

8. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

FEAR MY LIGHT TANKS.

XD

Problem is that Admin has run into kind of the same problem with CN. The "underdog" phenomenon(I like to call it the Rambo defense). Though not intentionally.

Defend with 1 guy. Inflict horrible damage on your opponent. Get away scott free(though you do lose the territory.)

E.g. Attack with 10 jeeps, and 50k soldiers.

Casualties inflicted: 0

Casualties sustained? over 5k soldiers and 3 jeeps destroyed.

Hence Rambo.

Admin says its complicated so fix may be a long time coming.

9. Azotez

Azotez Seventh Year

While the entire war aspect sounds cool, I'd much rather stay in peace mode at the moment and focus on growth.

There aren't really any huge benefits in going to war right now and it would be much better if we instead tried to profit from the other alliances' wars instead.

How much does a war cost? lose of troops, vehicles, planes etc. will make it at least a billion in expedienture. - I don't reckon the amount of land you will win from a war is anywhere near or equal to the amount of land you could buy for the same amount of money.

Btw, a new resource circle has been set up and considering the higher prices on the markets I urge you to sign up so we can all save some money.

10. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

And oh look Admin changed it so barracks are now need for every 10k troops. Which... wouldnt really be a problem if everyone wasnt fighting each other.

11. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

*Pokes unemployed citizens* WORK DAMN YOU!.. So yeah, any tips on getting unemployment rates down, I think that's the main reason for me not hitting +5k population a day yet.

12. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

Market Regulation Act and Capital Investment Tax Credits.

13. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Build more extractors and refineries?

Thats your main worker sink.

14. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

I'm pulling up about 15k in total of resources a day, and building extractors/refineries doesn't seem to of shifted my unemployment rate. I'm quite sure that the admin put a cap on workers from resources and extractors so it's more of a balancing act but I could be wrong.

15. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Infra, then? It's also a good employment raiser. Plus the more developed your nation, the more private enterprises will set up, raising employment too.

16. The Arid Legion

Seriously. Just pass these laws and your unemployment rate will drop at least 2%. It also won't cost you anything.

17. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

Did one this morning, dropped from 6.6% to 4.4%, I'll do the other tomorrow. I have to save up for a third Power plant before I can add anymore infra anyway, plus I'm finishing researching hospitals.

18. The Arid Legion

Don't build any. They do nothing that you can't do by hitting your sweet spot in clinics and nurses.

19. Mordecai

High Score:
    Actually Arid Legion they do quite a lot. Clinics can only push disease rate down to...8% minimum or so, Hospitals will cut it from 10% to 5% in one go. I'd say they are worth while.

20. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

Still with this debate? Yes hospitals do quite a bit. They can be helpful. However, IMHO your initial research is better spend going to transistors and processors and other things with wide applications and research trees, rather than the very specialized hospital research track.