1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about YOUR FANFIC that don't deserve their own thread...

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Ched, Aug 3, 2013.

1. wox2d

wox2d Squib

You know, I was actually thinking of Harry getting hit with the Killing Curse at age 14. I don't want to redo the graveyard scene, so I have Harry either getting kidnapped from the Quidditch world cup over the summer or Barty Crouch kidnapping him sometime during the year. Then he takes the curse after giving his blood to Tom.

If he did die at age 17 in the forest, I wonder how long that wizarding Britain would hold up without both Harry and Dumbledore? I want to write about him coming back and helping in the ongoing war effort rather than him coming back to a world where Voldemort has won and everyone he loves has met some horrible fate.

2. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 Prestige

High Score:
    Edit: Just saw the last post. Never mind

No, I wouldn't read that. Too many plot holes. What happens to the body when he dies? How long is he buried? Why now? so on and so forth. It seems as though the entire set up has to be handwaved away.

3. Collinsworth

Collinsworth Second Year

High Score:
    Well, maybe, and a very big maybe at that, it could work if Harry came back as a wraith because of the connection between him and Voldemort, but then finds that his old body unusable because of the decay. Then the first part of the story could be wraith!Harry trying to regain his body (how? Fuck if I know, maybe he'll haunt Voldemort in the toilet for shits and giggles and shack up with Myrtle).

Or Zombie!Harry. I dunno.

4. wox2d

wox2d Squib

I figure that wizards have a way to preserve the body with charms, and the obviously wouldn't need to drain the blood and pump it full of embalming fluid.

Dumbledore didn't rot in his tomb. So either the tomb was enchanted or his body was. I assume Harry's body would get the same treatment.