1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Rin's Challenge #2

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Rin, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

More dark wizards come out of Slytherin than any other house (Hagrid said so) and yes, there are exceptions, but Slytherin is still the front runner. Egro, ipso facto, concurrently, ibid, Slytherin = evil.

Taking intractable positions aside, I'm a bit surprised by the bruhaha, isn't what we do here change canon drastically? If this is executed in a way that we can still see Hermione in the AU characterization then it would be ok. Don't forget, my friends, that canon Hermione has quite a mean streak of her own.

2. Inverarity

Inverarity Groundskeeper

Slytherin House during the HP years would nurture their murdering tendencies since it basically indoctrinates them in the Death Eater philosophy. Presumably, when the wizarding world isn't divided into supporters of a genocidal psychopath and those who oppose him, Slytherin might be more benign.

As for Rin's idea: I don't think it's horrible per se, and don't see why everyone is flipping out over it, but it's certainly out of character for Hermione. (For her to become a murderous sociopath herself, she'd have had to be indoctrinated the same way the other Slytherins are, and since she's explicitly opposed to their ideology for obvious reasons, that seems unlikely.)

Hermione going into Slytherin, turning into a badass, and intimidating other Slytherins is not a bad idea. Hermione turning into the next Tom Riddle, though, requires her to have started out as severely broken as he was. And brainwashing Ron and Harry into going along sounds like some sort of Slytherfen wankery.

3. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm very much inclined to say Cool Story, Bro.

Insane Juggler pretty much summed up my problem with this.
    There's also the fact that I, personally, have no interest in reading a Hermione centric story.

4. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I don't either. And Harry's too much of a sissy to even murder anyone, even Voldemort.