1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Spend your magic budget

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Nov 20, 2019.

1. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Because I doubt I'd be able to cast it at all, personally. I don't want to control anyone and don't have any ambitions that would need it.

2. Conquistador

Conquistador High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Sure you might not have grand ambitions, but the utility in daily life is truly amazing. You would never have to pay for anything again. You could spend your days doing whatever you wanted. If you ever messed something up and regretted it in hindsight, you could make it so that people just stopped thinking about your mistake.

You can gain a lot with the Imperius without altering someone's personal beliefs.

3. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Fair enough. But I would rather be able to apparate. Like, much more rather. Infinitely more rather.

4. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Because the idea of taking away another person's free will is both horrifying and disgusting?

Like yeah, you'd be able to gain a lot more with the Imperius than anything else on the list, but it's also objectively evil and just awful all the way around. I don't understand why anyone would want to do something like that, especially given how human psychology and consequence-free power works.

5. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Where's @Arthellion ? I thought he would be here by now.

6. Raiko

Raiko Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Yep, I would trust myself to not be corrupted by having access to Imperius for a couple of years. I would even start out with good intentions. Force people/politicians in power to take climate change seriously and implement plans to address it, change NSA policies about monitoring people, and forcing KKK or nazis to rethink their life. What else would I eventually think needs to be changed for the betterment of society though.

To have the ability to control anyone and anything for the rest of my life. Anyone would be corrupted eventually. I guess the real question is, would making the world a better place be worth the inevitable corruption of power that would occur.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Step 1 Impreius

Step 2...

Step 3...

Step 4 Profit!

Add finite and a cheering charm and I’m done.

8. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Free will is an illusion. It’s not evil to lose what you never had :)

9. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Repair Charm (400) - For household and car repairs, free of charge
    Refilling Charm (200) - For refuelling my car and alcohol, free of charge
    Engorgement Charm (200) - ;)
    Cleaning Charm (100) - General time saving and good hygiene
    Tidying Charm (100) - Time saving again
    Finite Incantatem (Free) - Just 'cause?

10. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

In the fashion of this thread, consider looking here for further budgetary book-balancing.

11. FivePilots

FivePilots First Year

Finite Incatatem Free
    Cleaning charm - 100
    Undetectable Expansion 200
    Hour Reversal Charm 700

I believe that "time" is the most worthy thing to choose. It's something more than just money and I choose the other two because those are more practical to use.

12. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just remember, it's not evil its for the glory of God. Or something like that.

13. panamaman329

panamaman329 First Year

time reversal might be the most valuable, but it is also extremely impractical given all the time paradox issues, not to mention that if you are trying to keep a low profile as the only wizard. . . .

14. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

700 Hour-Reversal Charm
    300 Fidelius Charm
    000 Finite

The Hour Reversal Charm has a lot of busted uses but the first and most immediate one is that it lets you be the ultimate high frequency trader. You could very quickly go from pennies to millions making high leverage bets on the stockmarket again and again.

The Fidelius is another very ... absolute effect, and I think it's underpriced here for what it does. Combined with Time Turning it also makes you extremely hard to pin down in any reasonable fashion.

15. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Huh. I missed that - the hour reversal charm. I’d probably take that over apparition actually, which would change my other choices...

16. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

Duplication (600) + Refilling (200) + Vanishing (200) and Finite (free)

With one item or liquid of value I have a startup to make massive profits and help people. Turn one decent solar panel into hundreds if not thousands. Change half a glass of vintage wine into a dozen bottles.

Vanishing can be used in so many ways. Disposal of dangerous, toxic materials. Or just plastic garbage.

Finite is a freebie and handy for accidents and unforeseen circumstances, so always take that.

17. thattin

thattin Second Year

For the hour reversal charm, with it working similarly to a timeturner what exactly does that mean? Does that mean that anything other than a stable timeloop will have horrific consequences or are you free to go around murdering your past self (for science of course)?

18. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    I suppose that I would go for the animation charm, the injury healing charm and the cheering charm.
    I imagine that the animation charm would work similarly to Awakening in Warbreaker and would just be insanely useful, especially for around the house. (Self organising bookshelves, wardrobes and fridges, animated dust pans and dusters, doors that open on your approach, etc)