1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoilers] World's 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I missed the first game but.. TSM wat. OMG raping them.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Asians too stronk.

In more detail:
    Hai I'm Reginald. I can too play fizz!
    Hai I'm Dyrus how does my R work.
    Hai I'm xpecial how does my R work.
    Hai I'm TheOddOne and I'm awesome.
    Hai I'm WildTurtle and i cant carry these scrubs.

Edit:
    Hai, we're LD. Swain stronk hurrdurr

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't get why Corki keeps trying to poke Ahri, when she's the main clear on their team and he passive gives her a ton of sustain. I'd be trying to poke out the zhonya-less kennen so his ult is less devastating.

I'm a bit behind real time but lol@that Dyrus 'snipe' on Zyra before they got wrecked. Helps vindicate my feeling that liandri>rylais on Rumble as a rushed item.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  4. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

My summation thus far would be frustration - I spend far too much time replying to idiots on reddit who bash on GG.EU and the EU scene because we have a '4th team' and that any other team in the world deserves the spot more.

Sigh.

Anyway, results thus far have been the expected ones. LD had a cute idea with Swain against Ahri but they didn't shut her down pre-6 and Faker did what Faker does with SKTT1 performing around him. Still too close to call a top 2 for me as we go into SKTT1 vs OMG.

5. Master

Master First Year

In case anybody wants it:

Group A:
    OMG (China #2)(2-0)
    SK Telecom 1 (Korea #3)(1-1)
    TSM Snapdragon (NA #2)(1-1)
    Lemondogs (EU #2)(1-1)
    GamingGear.EU (Internation Wildcard Winners)(0-2)

Group B:
    Gambit Gaming BenQ (EU #3)(2-0)
    Samsung Galaxy Ozone (Korea #2)(1-1)
    Fnatic (EU #1)(1-1)
    Vulcan Techbargains (NA #3)(1-1)
    Mineski (SEA Phillipines)(0-2)

Quarter-Finalists (EU doesn't get a bye because they placed last in All-Stars):
    Cloud 9
    Gamania Bears
    Royal Club
    Najin Black Sword

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  6. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

7. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Dat Chinese domination. Faker what?

8. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Imp and Dandy so stunned from their loss that they neglect to shake hands with Gambit. Looooool.

9. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I missed the rest of the matches. Us European savages have to sleep. What happened?

Edit: nvm

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  10. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Yeah, I watched Group A, saw they were having a 20 minute break for set up for group B and called it a night at half 2 - Lol Event VoD's have a spoiler free thread on the subreddit, direct link if you want it - Worlds VoDs - S3

Edit; Best feeling of the day was probably Vulcun destroying Fnatic. SoAz is far too cocky and I'll never understand a Yorick with that team comp, might as well have not existed.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  11. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I'll never understand picking Yorick. In any comp. He adds nothing to a team.

12. carl

carl Seventh Year

Any recommended LoL videos to watch?

13. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I would think the point of Yorick in any comp is having 2 ADC and the peels/zoning of Yorick. He isnt as strong a lane bully as he used to be, but I haven't had the opportunity to get my hands on him to try him, but he is my next purchase because I like his theme and kit with the new triforce and frozen fist (and anyone with 20% flat damage reduction and built in sustain should be usable) for one of those times when you just need beef.

14. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

OMG's Lovelin is known for his jungle Yorick, which is terrifying enough to warrant a ban. Works well with their ridiculously aggressive play style of early ganks and heavy teamfighting along with the fact that ghouls have no counterplay. I'm guessing Fnatic tried to copy that to no success.

15. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Yorick works when you have a hyper-carry. A hyper-carry who gets fed, gets farmed, gets ahead. Can't speak for the Chinese scene as I can never catch it or find English Vods, and even then the quality is terrible when I do.

Fnatic had nothing close to a hyper-carry on their team. The hell are you gonna ult out of Ori/Cait? Till you hit the 50 minute mark, Yorick might as well not exist in that comp as it was completely useless. SoAz just seems to have this fixation with Yorick and I'm fairly certain he has a 100% loss ratio with him this entire split.

Speaking like completely useless, Daimond's Xin in that Fnatic game, just, ouch. Feel like he should've picked something more fiting as their comp was all over the place, though I guess it was meant to be a pick comp? TF & Sona to lock someone down, Shyv and Xin to disperse everyone else and MF to just wreck people.

Fnatic seem to have Gambit's number, though it's nice to see the Korean fans shut up just a little bit with Ozone getting rolled over today and yesterday. Oh wel, it was nice to see Shyvana in a game outside of China.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I missed the second day. What happened?

17. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

SSO > MSK
    GMB > VUL
    FNC > SSO
    VUL > MSK
    FNC > GMB

Basically Korea got stomped in Group B, Mineski continue to be everyone's whipping boy though they gave Ozone a fight towards the end and then Fnatic steamrolled Gambit taking them to 7-0 vs Gambit lately.

Link to the VoD's thread that's spoiler free is in my previous post if you have time/want to watch the games. Group B is wide open but odds are good both European teams will make it through.

Tonight's gonna be insane with LD vs OMG on first. Think OMG will smash LD but I hope LD put up a helluva fight as they proved they can vs the Koreans till the late end of the mid game. Be another day of watching from VoD's later on before the break.

18. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Mineski might be getting stomped in results (as everyone expected), but they're not going down easy. That's four games now where Mineski have been super far behind and then made the other team look incredibly bad. Holding on to a naked Nexus for 10 minutes isn't easy.

19. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Holy Shit, TSM does something good and actually stomps LemonDogs. Maybe they actually have a chance of performing respectably in Worlds.

20. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

That small victory, just enough for you to pour in all your hopes and shit into them.

And then they'll crash and burn. Oddone will dive to death, Dyrus will derp, and Reginald will ragequit.