1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

STAR WARS (A Death Eaters/Mafia Variant) :: Concluded [Rebels Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Plothole

Plothole Fifth Year

Right now, I'm stuck between voting for Vira and Fiat. Vira puts a lot of thought into her posts and I can appreciate that, but being able to distinguish between pro-town planning and Jedi Master sort of planning is hard to do. If we don't lynch her she may end up being the Jedi Master. In the first DE game, Anarchy had everything thought out and he turned out to be the Dark Lord.

Fiat is suspicious to me because he immediately accused Vira. The only reason I see this as being okay is because klackerz was suspicious of her. IIRC however, klackerz was never able to investigate her and only has suspicions.

Basically, I'm very suspicious of Vira. Take that as you will.

2. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

Not sure if I understood something wrong but there are three civilians left. You seem really keen on accusing people but I'd like at least an explanation why you seem to think I'm scum.

3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, if it's not me, we kind of have to lynch someone. While we could live without lynching, it will only put us closer to a rebel win. However, if we mislynch even once, we're going to lose automatically. We’re in a really tight bind here and now I kind of regret that we had to lynch ALB. While we did stop the rebels from killing from a night, the only thing it did was cut down one of our own number.

I'm still suspicious of Poytin and Calutron, but I'm even more suspicious of the people who haven't posted in the thread once today. It'd suck if we lost only because no one was participating. :/

4. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Reading comprehension fail. I saw the "I'm the last civilian" thing and reacted. I concede on this point and apologize for the mistake.

Either way, your estimations as to who has what role are apparently off, because I'm not the Adept.

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The jawa does look suspicious, but meh, I don't really see any clear suspect now. Fiat and Calutron both seem to be a bit iffy at this point.

As for Vira, she may or she may not be who you guys accuse her to be but quite frankly, I don't buy this whole planets thing as a valid reasoning. If the planet gives you away, wouldn't that make the jedi's weird ability useless or am I understanding something wrong here?

Am not too clear on that.

6. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Vote Player: Vira

Let's just roll the dice shall we?

7. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Poytin's vote does not count, since it was past the deadline.

Vira: 3
    Fiat, SmileOfTheKill, Kensington
    Fiat: 1
    calutron
    Poytin: 1
    Vira
    Yet to vote: hgf, Jeram, Nemrut, Plothole and Poytin
    6 votes needed to send somebody to the shooting range

----

Day 10 has concluded.

[​IMG]

The twin-suns of Tatooine begin to set....

We have not reached consensus. Consequently, Mos Eisley has chosen to send nobody to the Shooting Range. Eager to end the quarantine and resume business, the Hutts are unimpressed with this turn of events but are willing to keep their silence for now.

Posting in this thread is prohibited until 06:00APM EST on 19 September 2011

Players with night actions need to bold their actions when PMing them to me. Failure to use the correct format will simply result in recording a non-action by me in the player log. I will return a response to PMs sent to me.

Only the following (12) individuals have permission to post in this thread:

calutron, Fiat (PROXY), hgf, Jeram, Kensington (REPLACEMENT),Krogan (Temp. LEAVE), Merrill II (Original Creator), mishie (LEAVE), Nemrut, Plothole, Poytin, SmileOfTheKill, Vira, and Zeitgeist (Host).

Graveyard: 15
    Klael (Civilian), OntheImportanceofLungs (???), Gareken (Civilian), MattSilver (???), Lutris (Stormtrooper), Riley Poole (Civilian), Rehio (Civilian), Oliver of Kingston (Civilian), KaiDASH (Civilian), Dark Minion (Imperial Governor), Scrib (Stormtrooper), Atomic Lightning-bug (Human Replica Droid), Kang (Astromech Droid via a Pilot), Republic21 (Jedi Knight), klackerz (Probe Droid via a Mechanic)

Night 10 has started.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

han shot first

9. Zeitgeist

Night 10 has concluded.

[​IMG]

Some of us did not survive the night...

Last night, a hooded figure with DH-17 blaster pistol broke into the home of SmileOfTheKill, killing the victim. A quick analysis of the body reveals that the victim was cloned. It seems that SmileOfTheKill was a Stormtrooper!

Day 11 has started.

Posting is now permitted in this thread until 07:00PM EST on 20 September 2011.

Only the following (11) individuals have permission to post in this thread:

calutron, Fiat (REPLACEMENT), hgf, Jeram, Kensington (REPLACEMENT), Krogan (LEAVE), Merrill II (Original Creator), mishie (LEAVE), Nemrut, Plothole, Poytin, Vira, and Zeitgeist (Host).

Graveyard: 16
    Klael (Civilian), OntheImportanceofLungs (???), Gareken (Civilian), MattSilver (???), Lutris (Stormtrooper), Riley Poole (Civilian), Rehio (Civilian), Oliver of Kingston (Civilian), KaiDASH (Civilian), Dark Minion (Imperial Governor), Scrib (Stormtrooper), Atomic Lightning-bug (Human Replica Droid), Kang (Astromech Droid via a Pilot), Republic21 (Jedi Knight),klackerz (Probe Droid via a Mechanic), SmileOfTheKill (Stormtrooper)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  10. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

11. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Well finally somebody understands.

Vote Player : Fiat

And people don't waste today like we wasted yesterday.

12. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

lol, well, if you do decide to lynch me - assuming that this doesn't end the game, as I'm really paying no attention to the numbers - the people suggesting the lynch are the ones to kill tomorrow. You should probably start with Caultron.

Vote Player: Caultron

13. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How can we not trust the random number generator?

Seriously though, Fiat was generally suspicious in that he didn't seem as efficient as in the last games. Naturally, that blasphemous remark about him being our glorious emperor didn't help, even if it was not meant seriously.

And we can't have another day ending with a non-kill.

So, sorry bro.

14. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

15. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

Alright, I'm in. Vote Player: Fiat

16. Zeitgeist

Fiat: 5
    Poytin, calutron, Nemrut, Jeram, hgf
    calutron: 1
    Fiat
    Yet to vote: Kensington, Plothole, and Vira
    5 votes needed to send somebody to the shooting range

----

We've reached a consensus. Votes can no longer be rescinded. Please refrain from posting in this thread until I make my post later.

17. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I win, motherfucker.

(filler)

18. Zeitgeist

Day 11 has concluded.

[​IMG]

/./././.

Jabba’s men lowered their blasters from Fiat’s twitching body, which disgorged entrails onto the tawny, shooting range. An odd sense of dissatisfaction settled over the town, as though the final piece had disappeared from the jig-saw puzzle. Confused, the citizens of Mos Eisley turned to one other. The dim-eyed Duros whimpered.

“The suns have not set, yet I feel cold,” said the Duros. He shivered. “Does anybody know what’s happening?”

A fat man in a grease-stained tunic scoffed. He moved his skillet in a dismissive wave.

“Having some afternoon chills? Why, is it that time of the time again?” The fat man sneered. “Stop whining, Kensington. It makes you look more deluded than you actually are.”

Kensington stopped whimpering and spun around. He clenched his knuckles.

“Poytin, you must feel it too. We’ve lost something in the wind,” said Kensington, trembling.

Pocketing his skillet, Poytin rolled his compound eyes. “Yeah, we’ve lost something, alright: your dignity.”

While the mob guffawed and laughed, two figures stood in the background. One was a regal girl dressed in a flowing, white robe. Her companion was a dark-skinned boy wearing a pair of pilot goggles. Both of them were hooded. Impassive, the girl exchanged a small look with the boy. Immediately, the pair began to slip away from the crowd.

However, they were not unnoticed.

“Nemrut! Where are you going?” asked Poytin, grabbing the girl’s dainty arm. “The suns have not set, and we still have more work to complete.”

The girl – Nemrut – wrested herself from the greasy man. She eased an elegant smile over her anxious face.

“There is something to which I have to attend, something important. Hgf and I must get going,” said Nemrut in a trilling tone.

She gestured to her dark friend, whose smile was far less polite and seamless than the one on Nemrut.

Reluctantly, Poytin pried his fingers off the girl. He licked his bulbous lips and eyed Nemrut’s body, as if she were a prized nerf at a cattle auction. Hgf scowled.

“Pity… You and I could’a done some great things tonight.” Poytin lowered his voice. “I had a dinner planned out and everything. Next time, though, you shouldn’t refuse me. We wouldn’t want to waste all that food, do we?”

Outraged, Hgf tried to leap at Poytin; Nemrut barely held him back.

“Why, you slimy pig!” yelled Hgf.

“Hgf! This isn’t the time,” Nemrut told her friend. “We don’t have time to lose.”

When Hgf scowled, Nemrut donned a kilo-watt smile, like that of a Coruscant pageant queen.

“Maybe next time, Poytin. Maybe next time.”

As Hgf and Nemrut strode away from the shooting range, Poytin sighed. Although the girl was warn in her demeanor and warmer in her smiles, Nemrut seemed rather distant. She was disconnected, disengaged, as if she was interested in things beyond Tatooine’s petty affairs. Her choice of companions was also odd. Other than the brooding Hgf, she was often seen talking to the wizened crone from the outskirts of town.

What did they call her? Vir, Virail, Vira?

Poytin shrugged. Ultimately, it wasn’t his kriffin business who Nemrut befriended. As long as she had those gorgeous tits, the girl could do whatever she damn wanted. Poytin grinned. He didn’t care about much; he was selfish and short-sighted like that.

Meanwhile, Nemrut and Hgf crept to the hangars of Mos Eisley. Ruthlessly, Nemrut shot the nearby security guard. When the man collapsed to the floor, she twirled her silver, DL-18 pistol.

“I still don’t understand where you learnt to use that thing,” said Hgf, staring at the offending gun. “I don’t remember seeing you in the Firearms Class at the Imperial Academy.”

Nemrut smiled. “You learn some odd things when you stay in the Senate. Now, come on. This way.”

The two figures hurried down the hallway to Hangar 4. At their destination, a wizened crone was waiting for them. She stood next to a hauntingly beautiful man, who was dressed in tight coverings. When Nemrut nodded, the beautiful man turned to a starship and began punching in some codes.

“Vira!” cried Nemrut, hugging the crone. “Thank goodness that you’re here. I was getting scared. All those people were beginning to suspect you – ”

Vira chuckled. “Senator, the Force is a powerful weapon. With it, I am far from weak. I have outlived the Purges. Tatooine will not be my death place.”

The beautiful man typed another password into the ship, which finally opened its doors with a hiss. He turned to his companions.

“Senator Riut.” The man addressed Nemrut. “Your ship is ready. Takeoff should occur in five minutes. However, the landing pad will not move. Until we can fix that problem, landing may later become a problem.”

“The landing pad, Calutron?” asked Vira softly.

When Calutron answered affirmative, the crone hobbled closer to the ship. She closed her eyes and raised her stubby hands. Suddenly, a clinking sound echoed throughout the hangar. Nemrut and Hgf gaped as the heavy landing pad wrested itself and returned to its keeping place. The sheer strength that one would need to possess to even budge that part of the ship – Nemrut was stunned.

Vira finally opened her eyes. She glanced at the gaping senator.

“Close your mouth. This isn’t an Alderaan Carp Impression contest,” said Vira, as she hobbled into the ship.

After shaking away her surprise, Nemrut walked into the ship. Hgf and Calutron followed her.

Once inside the ship, Hgf lowered himself into the pilot’s ship and started to switch on the controls. The other passengers fastened their seatbelts, as the ship hummed with life. Wincing, Vira touched her temples.

“The Dark side, that terrifying presence… it’s near. We were wise to leave while we could,” muttered the crone.

Hgf looked at Nemrut. “The coordinates for our destination, Nemrut?”

Before Nemrut could speak, Calutron interrupted:

“Corellia. The Imperials wouldn’t dare to seek us there.”

/./././.

“ – I don’t know where they are. I-I don’t!”

Sobbing, Poytin clutched at his throat. While the ominous breaths of the respirator sounded, Poytin felt the force tighten around his windpipe. Then, there was a swift swish of a red lightsaber, and the greasy man fell to the ground. Poytin’s head, detached from the body, rolled over to Kensington. The Duros screamed.

Darth Vader skirted his scarlet blade over Kensington, who began to cry. Breathing through his respirator, the Sith lord scrutinized his whimpering victim. Eventually, he switched off his lightsaber.

“He’s telling the truth. These people do not know the location of the Rebels,” intoned Vader, stepping away from Kensington. “I was too late. Jedi Master Vira has already left.”

Vader gazed at the crowd of cowering people. Frightened, the citizens of Mos Eisley were staring at the platoon of Stormtroopers which Vader had brought from Geonosis to accompany him. Vader had already slain the Force-sensitive user, Jeram, for his incompetence. The Tatooine fools had no way of protecting themselves; they were at Vader’s whims.

“Ordinarily, I would choose to avoid unnecessary bloodshed, when I can,” Vader addressed the whimpering townspeople. “However, I have a special reward for your utter stupidity. Consider it my gesture of thanks to this useless sand-dump.”

Turning to his Stormtroopers, Darth Vader smirked under his mask.

“Execute them all.”

/./././.

The Rebel Alliance has prevailed.

We reached consensus. Fiat was executed at the Shooting Range. He was a Civilian.

This drops the total number of citizens down to 4 out of 8. A majority of 5 out of 8 would be required to lynch a Rebel, while the night-kills eventually reach the Emperor’s Hand.

Therefore....

We have reached a conclusion:

[​IMG]

The Alliance to Restore the Republic has won.

Posting is permitted in this thread by everyone as the game is over.

Atomic Lightning-bug was a Human Replica Droid
    calutron was a Falleen Slave-boy
    Dark Minion was a Civilian, and then an Imperial Governor
    Gareken was a Civilian
    hgf was a Rebel (à la Wedge Antilles)
    Jeram was a Civilian, and then the Emperor's Hand
    KaiDASH was a Pilot of the Astromech Droid, and then a Civilian
    Kang was the Emperor's Hand, and then a Pilot of the Astromech Droid
    klackerz was a Mechanic for the Probe Droid
    Klael was a Civilian
    Krogan (Fiat) was a Civilian
    Lutris was a Stormtrooper
    MattSilver was an Imperial Governor, and then a Civilian
    mishie (Kensington) was a Civilian
    Nemrut was a Galactic Senator (à la Princess Leia)
    Oliver of Kingston was a Civilian
    OntheImportanceofLungs was a Rebel
    Plothole was an Emperor's Adept
    Poytin was a Civilian
    Rehio was a Civilian
    Republic21 was a Jedi Knight
    Riley Poole was a Civilian
    Scrib was a Stormtrooper
    SmileOfTheKill was a Stormtrooper
    Vira was a Jedi Master

Some observations:

An information spill occurred between Day 4 and Day 5. A number of living players revealed their roles to Lutris, who was dead. Lutris then conveyed that information to OntheImportanceLungs, who divulged the identities of the roles to the Rebels. I admit that some fault rests in my hand, because I did not specify that dead Stormtroopers/Rebels cannot talk to their peers. However, these infractions and off-thread discussions posed a serious breach of rules in a game which relies upon secrets. Hence, I had to reshuffle the roles of those who spoke with Lutris (e.g. KaiDASH and MattSilver).

Consequently, Merrill and I have decided to punish Lutris and OntheImportanceofLungs. The nature of those punishments have yet to be confirmed completely, but it is possible that the two might be banned from the next Death Eaters and STAR WARS variants. I understand that this punishment may be severe, especially in Lutris's case, but we hope that the punitive damages would deter others from making a similar mistake in the future. In general, don’t reveal your role to other players. It is not good play, and makes the Host’s game very difficult. I hope that Lutris and OntheImportanceofLungs can understand the reasoning behind this decision.

Another Civilian died today. This would mark the death of nine Civilians in this game, five of which through lynch. If I had to name this game, I would call it “STAR WARS: The Lynch of the Civilians”. Lynching is important, as DE1 would have told you, but you must lynch with reason. You should not lynch somebody for a stray, accidental comment (Klael) or because one person is singularly convinced of the person’s guilt (Oliver of Kingston). At one point, somebody was lynched for “lurking” – without even giving the accused person a proper opportunity to defend himself. This person was Riley Poole.

The Rebels are not stupid; they will not actively start bandwagons, since it would attract unnecessary attention. Instead, they would often rely on the citizens to point fingers, before joining the lynch mob. In some cases, the Rebels were exceedingly transparent in this tactic. Vira, Republic21, calutron, and hgf often voted for the same people, only after somebody else had pointed fingers. Instead of checking the people who were pointing the fingers, check the people who are mindlessly following them. Voting patterns must always be one of the things you scrutinize in this game. The scum can deflect all sorts of comments, but their voting histories cannot be altered.

Dark Minion was especially idiotic in some points. His suspicion of Oliver was unfounded from Day 1, reasoning that Oliver was a Rebel because of his Taure signature… among other things. However, Minion’s death itself was also imbecilic. A smart Rebel would not be so transparent in pointing somebody. Stupidity is not a sign of guilt. Remember that axiom.

I won’t even comment on Poytin’s “random” vote for Fiat.

On the other end of the spectrum, there were some absurd periods in which nobody was lynched – at all. On Day 3, Day 8, and Day 10, the Empire did not reach a consensus to execute somebody. Day 3 was semi-understandable, because it was a move to reconvene and gather some bearings, but Day 8 and Day 10 were deplorable. The Empire had become extremely close to lynching Vira, in whose innocence only Plothole seemed to believe. However, the absentee votes made it impossible to reach a decision to kill her. We saw a similar case on Day 8, when klackerz moved to lynch Republic21. However, some people didn’t vote, and thus no consensus was reached.

You have to vote to cause a lynch. When there is genuine reason behind lynching somebody (which was the case with Republic21 and Vira), lynch them. Choosing not to participate in the game will spell the end of the town.

Certain pro-town roles also caused major fuck-ups. Lutris’s death was silly; everybody had indicated that they believed in Lutris as the Numero Uno pro-town player, yet he died. Now, the Rebels themselves were short-sighted in selecting Lutris for night-kill, since the Hand would’ve definitely chosen to protect the Numero Uno. However, their mistake paid off: the Hand was stupid and opted to protect Dark Minion instead. Bloody hell. Picking Minion? What were you thinking, Kang?

Klackerz also shouldn’t have been role-blocked on Night 7. The HRD had just sacrificed himself to give the Probe a free night of investigations. Nearly all the pro-town roles had true-claimed. However, Kang (the Astromech) didn’t choose to switch klackerz, who obviously got blocked. Hence, Atomic’s sacrifice was completely in vain.

Talking about the HRD, Day 7 was much too late to self-detonate. Atomic Lightning-bug, I understand that it wouldn’t have been fun to play a role which required you to lynch yourself. However, your ultimate goal in Mafia is not your individual survival: it is the survival of the Empire. You should have take one for the team. Ideally, you should have distracted the town from the derailing Minion/Oliver conflict on Day 5 and lynched yourself. The Probe could then use this opportunity to investigate Dark Minion or Oliver. Food for thought.

I would commend KaiDASH for his deft playing as the Astromech. He was smart enough to self-target on Night 1, bouncing the kill onto Lungs. Klackerz also redeemed himself from his former blunders (e.g. choosing investigation targets that all died) by lying about Republic21. However, klackerz could have lied more about Vira/calutron in order to get them killed. This message is for all future Probes/Aurors: lie about your investigations if you have a definite, strong scum read about somebody and your time is limited.

Nemrut and hgf should receive prizes for being good Rebels. Nemrut “lurked” on purpose in order to stay away from the conflicts and had good, general timing. hgf was especially good at deflection; he voted for Klael on Day 1 and started the bandwagon on him, yet he wasn’t called out for this act. Kudos.

Vira was a particularly amusing Jedi Master, when a number of people dismissed her as a threat. She really had her “innocent, confused” act cornered. Advice to future Rebels/Death Eaters: feign confusion even though you have greater knowledge; always pretend that you know far less than you actually do.

After all of that has been said, I do think that SW1 was a productive experience. Here’s to hoping that SW2 can mimic DE2 and achieve a town’s victory!

The thread is open to discussion.

Feedback is appreciated. Thank you all for playing.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Lurkers are crappy, riley poole had it coming.

20. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score: