1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

STAR WARS II (A Death Eaters/Mafia Variant) :: Concluded [Republic Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

He rubs me the wrong way. My intuition hasn't failed me the last games that I've had an opportunity to make a difference, as you can see from tinyhunt.

Mmkay? Trust the Lutris-dar.

2. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I hate getting fucking Ninja'd :facepalm

I'll reply after reading Sesc's tldr.

---------- Post automerged at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Let's hope you can continue to use your batman level logic and do your great job. :3

Don't forgot your role in LTH, bro.About your plan. I need to think more about the plan as Sesc's post seemed somewhat suspicious to me.

3. Nae

Nae The Violent

I never said I didn't want to vote for Schrodinger. At that point of time, there was clearly not enough information to vote for anybody, and if you check my post, I merely stated that I'll hold off for the time being. As did many others.

As for kaiDASH, well, like you said yourself, he's been all over the place, and it'll be stupid to not be suspicious of him.

Calutron. I'm having a bad feeling about him simply because the reasons he gave had nothing to do with the current game. He's still pissed about the previous game he played and was judging based on players' behaviour in that game. It's silly. And calutron isn't the sort of guy to make such mistakes. He hasn't posted anything useful, so I'm hesitant, but I'm still cautioned.

Suspicions change in this game Sesc. My analysis is simply on the basis of other people's behavior. So yes, I'm still confused against whom to vote.

It's between KaiDASH and you right now. :p

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

kai, your post is nearly indecipherable. Try to sort your thoughts before writing, not while writing, and then formulate them in a clear and straight way. As it is, it makes for a confusing mess of a clusterfuck.

At any rate, I was visited tonight. Of course, I have no idea who that was, since it doesn't say.

Edit: Something else, look at the when the votes were cast. Naeb'lis voted 18:27, Scrib 22:35, Nemrut 22:46, SotK 22:56 (my time), and then we were one vote short. Those are the late bandwagonners you are talking about, Relic. Not me.

So again, Naeb'lis and Nemrut.

Edit2 @Taure: And yeah, kai too -- if there was a seperatist plan to have kai post like this, and then accuse him, he's a Seperatist himself, of course. So those three.

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Putting my neck on the line here defending another person, but I'm quite satisfied with Sesc's reasoning. His voting reeked of an agenda, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's scum. I think he's telling the truth when he says that it was meant to temporarily delay the lynch to get more reactions, not actually put a stop to it. The fact that he seemed to keep an eye on the time and come back and re-vote in time for there to be a successful lynch seems to confirm it.

So yeah, I don't think Sesc is a Separatist. If a significant bandwagon forms against him then I won't stand against it, but I think there's still time to lynch someone else. At only 2 votes, the Sesc bandwagon is not yet at "critical mass", after which it becomes suspicious to try to prevent it.

Custer following Sesc's example seems more odd, especially as he didn't do as Sesc did and change his vote before the end of the day.

Kai is growing a bit more suspicious too, especially with his advocacy that the seer should come out night 4. I think that's a significant misuse of the seer, whose power becomes more useful the longer the game goes on. I think there's a significant chance that the seer will die if they come out. I would prefer it if the seer bided their time until they had enough information to be genuinely useful. This is a risky strategy, sure, because it runs the risk of the seer's info being lost from a mislynch or night kill, but I think the risk is worth it.

Still a bit leery of nemrut for the reasons stated in my previous post, particularly for recommending that the probe should come out on day 2, especially for something so trivial as saying if Schrodinger was innocent or guilty.

If I had complete power over lynching right now it would be nemrut or KaiDash. Both recommend the early exposure of key roles that make them vulnerable, before those roles have even had the chance to accumulate enough information to be useful. Further, because we know Kai is a canny player, if he is a Separatist then we're pretty screwed.

I'll hold off on voting now because there's still lots of day left. But if we were allowed deadline votes in this game I would be deadline voting for Kai.

6. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

So you saying you have no proof and we are to trust you despite your clearly shady posts.

Probe please investigate immediately.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

@sesc

step 1. sesc is not lynched today

step 2. tomorrow (d3) the following people vote to lynch sesc
    Zeitgeist, Relic, Custer, Sesc, Nemrut, hgf, Ashaya, KaiDASH, SmileoftheKill, Klackerz

step 3. Jedi seer reveals on d4 with results!
    step 3a. Lynch me if results are unsatisfactory

step 4. crush scum like an automated crushing machine!

--

@taure

I'm only suggesting seer reveal in very specific circumstances that scum simply cannot counteract (outside of scum being more convincing than whatever townies are putting a case forward)

8. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

A scum may try to claim being the seer. But your plan is still nice and we can confirm atleast one of the scum.

9. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thanks, this is how I got killed last time.

10. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Everyone, I'm at work right now so I can't get to all my game documents right now. But I'm pretty sure some of you haven't posted today. Remember that everyone must post at least once (preferably more) per day. Thank you!

11. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Well, I did explain why I voted. So that Schrodinger won't split votes later on.

12. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Well, fuck. I have absolutely no idea who to vote for.

13. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Yeah, Ashaya said it. We have so many more conversationalists than the last time this bloody invasion of scum happened, so now I have no clue what is going on.

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Well, I've explained my reasoning and listed my suspicions. Furthermore, Taure's post convinced me as well.

Right now, we've got four hours left. So let's go with this. The reasoning I agree with, particularly the bit with the seer.

Vote Player: kaiDash.

15. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Vote Player: Sesc

I dont know man but theres something that just reeks of scumbaginess from your posts.

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm in a very tricky situation. I'm about to go to bed, so I have to deicide who I want to vote for, if anyone.

I think I should vote for someone - no point arguing so hard for a lynch on day 1 if there isn't one on day 2.

The problem I worry about is splitting the vote. My instinct is to vote for KaiDash as I explained in my previous post. However, if this happens I feel that there will be two competing bandwagons - one for Kai and one for Sesc, and it's possible that neither of them will achieve enough votes to be lynched.

In addition, I still don't really think that Sesc is guilty.

What we need is a third option that isn't Sesc or Kai that everyone can go for, so we don't end up with a split.

Kang is one option, simply because Lutris has all ready voted for him. However, Lutris didn't really provide any reason for doing so, just intuition, so I'm not really inclined to follow him.

A couple of people have mentioned nemrut, including myself. I'm going to vote for him, and suggest that others do so as well, rescinding their pre-existing votes if necessary.

Vote Player: nemrut

17. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Don't think that starting a third bandwagon on such a short notice is going to do the trick.

On the other hand, Sesc is suspicious and already a handful of people have voted for him.

Vote Player: Sesc

18. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Okay, perhaps it isn't a scum-tell (much), but it sure has hell bringing down my mood. Please, cheer up! Would you like me to bring you a plate of "special" brownies?

Uh-huh, I still find mass-rescinding and stalling out of lynch extremely suspicious. Because you know what? You do have to lynch in order to win this game. Perhaps it's the cynicism from SW1 talking, but I firmly believe that "never assume guilt when you can assume stupidity". I believe it's called Hanlon's Razor? It sums up my view of a lot of lurkers: idiots who have grown apathetic with their roles and need to be prodded a few hundred times, but are still pro-town.

I'd be far more suspicious of people who are more active. I realise that this definition includes people such as myself, but make what you feel. However, I am as innocent as white snow.

I'm sure you would. =/

Basically, you want us to wait around and do nothing for a Day? Geez, how I feel about those types of people? Look up. Don't be a DE1!Ashaya, Kai. You don't have the tits to rock that look. xD

Do nothing yesterday?! I was simply absent yesterday, because I was busy. All I said was I was reluctant to lynch Schrodinger, because he reminded me too much of Klael during SW1. And you know what? I was damn right. If I was around yesterday, I sure as hell would have voted for you. And you know what? Both you and KaiDASH are extremely suspicious. You both rescind at the same time and advocate the same opinions (e.g. "annoying RP"). KaiDASH also behaved as though he had your permission to mention your name as bait for the supposed Separatists in that weird "Seer plan".

Sure, you proclaimed your suspicions, but only afterwards, when you were obliged to dish out on Kai, in order to preserve your cover as a Civilian. Such in-sync thoughts.... It's almost as if you share a QT.

Fuck Ashaya (who still seems scumlicious, btw). At least she isn't acting in tandem with somebody. Sesc and KaiDASH have a connection which goes beyond this thread. Why? I say they're both Separatists. Your plans are some sort of elaborate scheme to stall the town, until your Assassin powers kick into gear. Stop using your Sith powers to fool me. We're onto you, Sidious and Tyranus.

Yes, I'm using Irene!logic right now. If I'm wrong, then I'll admit that I'm stupid and having too many of those brownies I offered KaiDASH. I may be repeating the massive cock-up I did with Fiat Piscis in DE2, but I'll give this Separatist theory a shot.

Vote PLAYER: Sesc

19. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Voting recap so far:

Sesc: 5 Votes
    Custer, Relic, Kang, Nemrut, Zeitgeist

Kang: 1 Vote
    Lutris

KaiDASH: 1 Vote
    Sesc

Nemrut: 1 Vote
    Taure

Yet to Vote: 12
    Ashaya, Calutron, Fenraelis, hgf, Jwlk, KaiDASH, Klackerz, Nae'blis, Oliver of Kingston, Riley Poole, Scrib, SmileOfTheKill

There are 20 Players so 11 are needed for a lynch.

Day ends at 10:00 PM EST tonight. 3 hours left.

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

As with what Ashaya said, I too am quite unsure as to who deserves a vote. Honestly, I am in agreement that KaiDASH is playing in a considerably more flippant and less reasoned manner than he usually does, but I can't decide if that is a sufficient indicator of guilt.
    That, and his plan plays both sides. If he is innocent it's a risky call(unless he is a mere civilian), since if Sesc turns up innocent, as he is statistically likely to do, then KaiDASH dies too, with the Seer likely dying the night after they reveal themselves. Bam! Three dead innocents... which is bad.(although the results of the Seer reveal may or may not be useful)
    If he is guilty, then he is still working the town towards two guaranteed innocent kills, thus wasting a day lynch, and losing us the Seer.(that and deferring Sesc as a target for today, for whatever reason otherwise)

As for actual suspicions aside from KaiDASH's maybe/likely suspicion, well... Nemrut and SmileOfTheKill just give me an 'off' feeling with their posts as well. It is difficult to explain exactly but it is still there. There are other lesser suspicions, but they don't yet deserve mention I would think.

-----

Okay, really now, after that last post by Zeitgeist, I am relatively concerned that either Zeitgeist or KaiDASH is affirmatively Anti-Town, possibly both, but I somewhat doubt they are throwing one of their own under the train as some sort of plan quite so soon in the game. It doesn't have the same tone as Zeitgeist vs. Fiat when I read that post, and it just rings all sorts of bells.

Sesc appears to be thrown in between them to exacerbate insinuations. Oh, and Nemrut's latest post didn't help his case.