1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Star Wars Legends: Knights of the Old Republic by OrderOfRevan

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Archinist, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Archinist

Archinist Hαn Sαlsæd First

Title: Star Wars Legends: Knights of the Old Republic
    Author: OrderOfRevan
    Rating: T+
    Genre: General Fics
    Fandom: Star Wars (Old Republic Era)
    Pairings: Darth Revan/Bastila
    Summary:
    Four thousand years before the rise of the Galactic Empire, the Republic verges on collapse. DARTH MALAK, former apprentice of the DARK LORD REVAN, has unleashed an invincible Sith armada upon an unsuspecting galaxy.

Crushing all resistance, Malak's war of conquest has left the Jedi Order scattered and vulnerable as countless Knights fall in battle, and many more swear allegiance to the new Sith Master.

In the skies above the Outer Rim world of Taris, the Republic flagship THE ENDAR SPIRE engages the forces of Darth Malak, carrying Jedi Knight BASTILA SHAN. The crew aboard seeks to aid her mission, a desperate last effort to halt the Sith's galactic domination…

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/7522819/chapters/17099494

I know that the stories I've recommended weren't the best received, but I have to make an exception for this.

While this may be a novelization of the Knights of the Old Republic game, which came out before I was even born; I assure you, you'll enjoy it even if you've played it.

It's a character-driven story, the most focal point surrounding it being Revan struggling to understand who he is, which side he's on and where he stands after his identity is revealed to him. His character development is what I liked the most about the story, hands-down.

I sound like a fanboy, but I've never enjoyed a fanfic more than this. I give it a 5/5 for pure enjoyment.

There is a sequel that I haven't read which can be found here , but the OG story easily stands on its own.

2. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Well, it only took the first chapter to make me want to re-play KOTOR for the x-teenth time, so that's a victory at least. Gonna give the rest of it a read.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  3. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Thanks for making me feel old.

Anyway, going to give this a shot and get back here later.

4. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

This is not a bad story, I'd actually got about 20 chapters in before a shiny thing distracted me, and it's bookmarked and waiting for me to pick it back up. Will review when I finish it.

5. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

So, this isn't the most ambitious story. It's just a novelization at its core, but it's a damn good one that does exactly what it set out to do. The author managed to nail the voices of all the characters which is what is most important in a character driven piece, and his Revan is a very good one.

Gonna go with a 4/5.

6. Zilly Sawdust

Zilly Sawdust High Inquisitor

It's alright. There is basically no conflict other than the one inside Revan's mind though and at times felt somewhat manufactured, while all other obstacles are overcome with absolutely no tension. The struggle to accept what he has done and the ramifications of how it has changed him while he can't remember a thing, relying mostly on second-hand accounts, while holding on to the goodness that has been his core personality is quite insightful, I thought. Also, the struggle for independence in a Universe that is predetermined by two opposing forces was interesting and I wish it were expanded on more. I thought the little flirt in Korriban about the dark side being the mystical equivalent of your own selfishness was also very welcome and just left me wanting a little bit more. 4/5

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  7. Silly

Silly Third Year

High Score:
    I agree that this is a good 4/5 story.

It's a pretty standard novelization, and doesn't really deviate from the plot of the game much, if at all. But it's pretty well written and still manages to be engaging throughout. Not too exciting, but very solid. You're mostly reading this to re-experience the plot of KOTOR again with a bigger emphasis on the main character's internal struggles.