1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Idea

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Darius, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    This is just a plot bunny that came to me but I'd like some input or even just if you think it's worth writing.

Harry comes to school late for whatever reason and when he comes back Ron/Hermione/Ginny etc. have turned Dumbledore's Army into much more than a name. But Harry wants no part of it. Basically Harry is the general of an army he wants nothing to do with.

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    What is the point? I see no plot, or anything. Why would they turn it into "much more than a name" they have no reason. Harry would also love it if they did. Why is anything happening? Elaborate.

3. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I guess that was kinda of shallow. O.K. Harry returns to school late for whatever reason and Ron Hermione whatever get all serious about fighting the war and make Dumbledore's Army, and they actually train and have ranks and shit. Harry comes back and he's thrust into this army, as the leader. So now he's supposed to be leading an army and everyone expects him to be all gung-ho about it but he wants no part of it. Plot wise, Perhaps a humor fic with Harry trying to fight the was his way while trying to keep students out of it.

As a serious fic, assuming everyone has read Dumlbedore's Army by DrT think of the students as somewhat like that. Now Harry's back say from training but and he believes he has the skills to actually start doing something and is constantly getting dragged down by "Dumbledore's Army"

But what I was thinking of when I posted this was an Independant!Harry where he has the inevitable falling out with Dumbledore and when he returns there is this massive student army all expecting him to follow Harry and Dumbledore. Maybe Dumbledore arranged it maybe not. Harry may have discovered things about Ron and Hermoine and not want to be around them anymore and they still arrange it. Thats a few cliche's though. He can't just say bugger off and forget them if his entire house is behind him and won't leave him alone. He'd have to find new places to train and shit. Even better if he has all sorts of secrets from the summer he's trying to hide but has three people watching his shit. Would make for an ANGRY!Harry story I guess.

It's a twist on the regualar independant Harry or the Harry commanding Hogwarts plots, I'm not saying it's good but different.

4. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

It might be an okay story, if a really talented author wrote it. I think it would be better to have a Manipulative!Harry trying to subtly turn the army away from Dumbledore and into his own group of loyal followers.

5. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like the idea of Harry training during the summer, either with or without Dumbledores permission, then coming back to hogwarts to find that Dumbledore has had Tonks or someone teach the DA a few spells they wouldn't otherwise have learned, and helped them practice up their dueling skills. The DA are now loyal to Dumbledore because he arranged the lessons with Tonks, rather than completely loyal to Harry. When Hary comes back he is well trained and ready to start taking the war to Voldemort (perhaps it would be better if he completely missed out on his 6th year, and came back in his 7th) but the DA think they are ready to fight as well, and whenever he tries to go off and find a horcrux or destroy a DE Safe House or something, they try to come along with him, delaying him whilst he gets them not to come, possibly the delays causing problems , epecially if he was resopnding to an emergency of some sort. Then the DA decide that since he doesn't want them to go along there must be somethign fishy going on, so a group of them follow him every time. However, their lack of skills keep giving them away before Harry does anything, which causes the missions to fail.

Perhaps eventually, maybe when Harry is going in to rescue a few hostages or something, the gorup thats following him give the game away by attacking first. The hostages get killed, and some of the group get killed or hurt as well. Ron (who is leading the group) blames Harry, saying it was Harry's fault.

Could lead to a good estrangedfromHogwarts!Harry

Not a perfect storyline, but workable with some modifications.