1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SURVIVOR: DLP - Outwit, Outplay, Outlast [COMPLETED]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  2. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Hee, grats Aek. I'd rather not post my story. It's undergoing a thourough revamp from setting and tons of untold backstory, character development and the complexity of their relationship. I should've been like Stojil and just pulled out of the competition, I couldn't squeeze much into 4k words. But yeah, great story Aek. I wish I can write my action like yours. XD

3. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Well done Aek. Can't wait to see how you finish that up. I won't be posting my story, either, primarily because it may be the worst thing I've ever written.

4. Irene

On second thoughts, have at it guys: http://pastebin.com/xR7pEEnc

I probably won't continue the story anymore, since the judges disliked it so much.

:( I'm sorry for ruining a premise with such potential judges, whoever you guys are. Please accept my sincere apology.

To everyone else who wanted to see the expansion, sorry!

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Congrats, Aekiel!

I had two ideas going through my mind but none panned out. Not enough to submit anyway. >_> I suck at writing.

6. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Hi guys, I'm really sorry for this late post. I've had pneumonia and was stuck in hospital for a bit, but now that I'm much healthier, I promise that I will no longer delay this game and will post far more reliably and promptly.

[​IMG]

Welcome to Tribal Council

Welcome, castaways, to Tribal Council. You have been sent here, to this abandoned grotto, to cannibalise one of your own.

Grab a torch and light it in the fire pit. On Survivor, fire represents life. It is what hastens in the dark. Your aim in Survivor: DLP is to keep your torch from being snuffed out by those around you.

This is how Tribal Council will work. Firstly, castaways, you cannot post in your House QT while Tribal Council is commencing. You will also be given a series of questions which you must answer, in order for Tribal Council to conclude. These questions are designed with observing your performances at the Immunity Challenge and any fractures within your House.

Ordinarily, at the end of these questions, you will submit a vote via your private QTs. How you submit a vote is "Vote Out: [PLAYER NAME]". You should also append your vote with a short voting Confessional, which is a sentence or two (or more, if you feel passionate) explaining your reasons/feelings towards your vote. Examples of Confessionals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ikbfa7Igw

Tribal Council 8 has started.

Posting is now permitted in this thread until all Tribal Council questions have been answered. Votes can be submitted once everybody has answered all their allocated questions. If you know that you won't be online at this point, you may submit a vote early, but once a vote is made, it cannot be retracted.

Everybody may currently post in this thread.​

Asterisk (*) indicates that the person is wearing the Individual Immunity Necklace and thus cannot be voted for at the next Tribal Council.

Apart from Zeitgeist and Palindrome, only the following (6) individuals are allowed to participate:

GRYFFINDOR:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Irene//TSN//guljons//Caesar//Aekiel*//Nae'blis//Ash//LochNess

SLYTHERIN:

fontisian//Whooves//klackerz//Castiel//Riley//Stojil//Anya//Aziraphale

If you have any question about Tribal Council, ask me in your QTs. Once all the votes are counted, I will allow for one hour for players to play Hidden Immunity Idols (HIIs). Refer to post #1 to know how to play an HII. If you know you'd want to use the HII but won't be awake for that one hour window, please let know BEFOREHAND in your personal QT. Thank you.

Here are the Tribal Council (TC) Questions for TC 7:

These questions are for everybody to answer:

1. Since this is the last night to play Hidden Immunity Idols, do you think we will finally see some being played?
    2. Are the old allegiances of Gryffindor and Slytherin still intact?

7. Irene

1. Since this is the last night to play Hidden Immunity Idols, do you think we will finally see some being played?

Most probably. Unless we have no one with HI idols. But I'd like to think yes, they will.

Of course! I trust my Gryffs. And while Slytherins seem to be on the losing end, I won't count my chickens before they hatch since you know, er, I can't rule out the possibility of new alliances being formed.

8. Zeitgeist

And we now bring in the Wizengamot:

klackerz//TSN//LochNess//fontisian
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

klackerz, TSN, LochNess, and fontisian, voted out at the last Tribal Council. They will be silently watching your every move, determining who is most worthy to win this game.

9. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Yes, mine for sure. COME AT ME, BROS! D:

As in, will Gryffindors vote for Slytherins? No, I don't think so and I hope not so, for my sake and (very) incidentally for theirs.

10. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I'd have said no, but it seems Stojil disagrees.

Yes.

11. Zeitgeist

Also, an announcement! The next game of Survivor will remove the Roles (a mafiaesque element) and make the game far easier, simpler, and more streamlined, with shorter Days and Nights! That way, the game won't drag on like this one did.

Also, the next Survivor game, echoing the actual television show, feature a cast of mainly recruited individuals who have carefully been chosen to create a diverse and fun cast. What this means is that new players will be preferenced over returning players and veterans. I have already begun the careful process of recruiting these individuals.

The third Survivor game will be titled "Survivor: All Stars - Heroes vs Villains" and unlike the second game, feature a cast made up entirely of returning players. Players whom I believe are talented and/or entertainment value will be invited back. You know what that means - work on your Confessionals. ;)

Also, part of the prize for the Finalists (Final Three) for any game of Survivor: DLP is an automatic place in the Survivor: All Stars - Heroes vs Villains. Moreover, note that the theme of that game are Heroes and Villains. The sixteen returning players will be divided into the Heroes Tribe (players who demonstrated integrity and heroic traits in their gameplay) and the Villains Tribe (players known for their spurious and devious ways).

At the end of Survivor: DLP, I will classify the Finalists as Heroes or Villains, and then offer anybody else whom I believe deserves to be an All-Star a spot on the All Stars game. ;)

12. guljons

guljons Squib

Seeing that we have been waiting for the whole game for one to show up, I would think that anyone who had one will throw it out there.
    Yeah, we are Pagonging their asses.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

It all depends on who gets voted out. Lucky for me I'm immune, eh? :D

Pretty much.

14. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Firstly, sorry for the delay: I've been laid up with food poisoning all weekend.
    Entirely possible.
    I think so but who really knows?

15. Zeitgeist

[​IMG]

A consensus has been reached

Now that you've all had a chance to speak up, I'll go tally the votes. If anybody wishes to play the Hidden Immunity Idol, please use it now.

Oh, Stojil... you're standing up?!

[​IMG]

Uncle Stojil hands in the Hidden Immunity Idol. It is a valid Idol. All votes against Stojil no longer count.​

First vote is for...

Stojil
    Does not count.​

Second vote...

Caesar

Irene.
    That's 1 vote for Caesar, 1 vote Irene. Next vote...

IRENE​

1 vote Caesar, 2 votes Irene.

IRENE​

And the tenth person voted out of Survivor: DLP and the fifth member of the Wizengamot is

[​IMG]

IRENE​

That's four votes, Irene, and that is enough for this Tribal Council. Please bring me your torch. As fire represents life, unfortunately, the journey ends here.​

IRENE, the House has spoken.

DO NOT POST IN YOUR 1-on-1 OR HOUSE QTs. WATCH THIS THREAD.

Apart from Zeitgeist and Palindrome, only the following (5) individuals are allowed to participate:

GRYFFINDOR:

Irene//TSN//guljons//Caesar//Aekiel//Nae'blis//Ash//LochNess

SLYTHERIN:

16. Zeitgeist

The Wizengamot:

klackerz//TSN//LochNess//fontisian//Irene
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

The screaming of a TIE-Fighter careens past your position, a deep, mechanical voice booming into your ears...

"THE FILLER IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE."​

18. Zeitgeist

[​IMG]

Welcome back to the Challenge Arena. The Immunity Necklace is waiting...

Welcome back, castaways, to the Immunity Challenge. Before we start, Aekiel, I'll be collecting your Immunity Necklace. Once again, Individual Immunity is back up for grabs.

Today's Immunity Challenge will be different from previous challenges. I had alluded at a previous Tribal Council that the responses you make for the questions will ultimately count. I did ask some difficult questions, some touchy answers... You've guessed it: this challenge is the notable Touchy Subjects Challenge. Technically, you've already participated in it!

The way this challenge works is that it favours those who understand the touchy subjects and specifically, can ascertain the group consensus on those subjects. Each of you have submitted answers as individuals for those questions. Now what will happen is that castaways who guessed and answered the true consensus of the group will be awarded one point.

The castaway with the most amount of points will win Individual Immunity and will be safe at the next Tribal Council.

Challenge 9 (Day) has started.

First question...

1. Who is the most deserving player currently in the game (as of Day 7)?

Everybody but Irene said "Irene", who said "Stojil".

The group said.... IRENE
    Stojil got it right, Caesar got it right, Castiel got it right, Aekiel got it right, guljons got it right.

2. Who is the player who has not reached his/her potential?

Stojil, Caesar, and guljons had said "Aekiel", while Castiel and Irene said "Castiel" and Aekiel had said "Caesar".

The group said... AEKIEL
    Stojil got it right, Caesar got it right, guljons got it right.

3. Name the person whom you think does NOT deserve to still be in the game.

The two proposed answers were "Castiel" and "Caesar".

The group said... CASTIEL
    Aekiel got it right, Caesar got it right, guljons got it right.

4. Who do you think is most in need of a wake-up call in life?

A variety of answers across the board, but we have a tie for the group consensus.

The group said... IRENE and CASTIEL.
    guljons got it right (saying Irene), Castiel got it right (saying Castiel), and Aekiel got it right (saying Castiel)

5. Who would you trust with your life?

The four proposed answers were "Irene", "Stojil", "Castiel" and "Caesar".

The correct answer is.... CAESAR.
    guljons got it right, Caesar got it right.

6. Name the person whom you think is the biggest idiot.

Stojil, Irene, and Castiel all put their own names down as the the biggest idiot.

However, the group said the biggest idiot is... CASTIEL.
    Caesar got it right, guljons got it right, Castiel got it right.

7. Who is most irritating?

Answers across the board, with Irene voting for herself and "Castiel" recurring again as an answer choice. Why does everything have such a negative opinion of Castiel?

Nevertheless, the group said the most irritating is... STOJIL.
    Stojil got it right, Caesar got it right, guljons got it right.

8. Who would you LEAST like to be stranded with on an island?

Aekiel and Irene said "Stojil", guljons and Caesar wrote down "Castiel", and Stojil and Castiel said "Caesar".

The group said... STOJIL and CASTIEL and CAESAR.
    Stojil got it right, Aekiel got it right, Castiel got it right, Caesar got it right, guljons got it right.

9. Name the player who you think is LEAST likely to find a boyfriend/girlfriend.

People suggested everybody, from "Stojil", "Aekiel" for his bad teeth, "Caesar", and "Irene".

However, once again, the correct answer is... CASTIEL. Man, you are really unpopular!

10. Name the player who you think had ridden the coattails of others to get to this point in the game.

Stojil said "guljons", while Aekiel and Castiel wrote that Caesar is the undeserving coattail rider.

The group said... CASTIEL
    Caesar got it right, guljons got it right.

11. Who is the laziest player?

Stojil and Irene said "Caesar", while Aekiel put down his own name!

The correct consensus is once again.... CASTIEL.

12. Who is the most honest?

Stojil said that he was the most honest player, while Aekiel wrote that Irene was the most honest.

The correct consensus is... STOJIL.
    Stojil got it right, Castiel got it right.

13. Who would you most like to hang out after Survivor ends?

Stojil wrote "Aekiel", while guljons wrote "Irene" and Caesar wrote "guljons".

The group decided... STOJIL.
    Aekiel got it right, Castiel got it right.

14. Name the player who you think is full of himself/herself.

Caesar said himself, and Castiel said himself. However, we have another tie.

The group said that the player most full of himself/herself is.... STOJIL and IRENE.
    Stojil got it right (voting Stojil), Aekiel got it right (voting Stojil), guljons got it right (voting Irene).

Apart from Zeitgeist and Palindrome, only the following (5) individuals are allowed to participate:

GRYFFINDOR:

Irene//TSN//guljons//Caesar//Aekiel//Nae'blis//Ash//LochNess

SLYTHERIN:

Results are now coming.

19. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

"He will bring balance to THE FILLER, Master..."

20. Zeitgeist

Touchy Subjects concludes. The scores have been submitted...

The following are the points scored by the castaways.

HOGWARTS
    guljons: 12/14 points
    Caesar: 10/14 points
    Aekiel: 6/14 points
    Castiel: 8/14 points
    Stojil: 6/14 points

3rd place - Castiel, 2nd place - Caesar, 1st place - guljons.

[​IMG]

GULJONS WINS INDIVIDUAL IMMUNITY!

Congratulations, guljons. For the rest of you, better luck next time.

Night 9 has started.

Night will not end until all Night actions are submitted. You have a maximum of 24 hours to submit them, or else incur the wroth of the Purple Rock Tiebreaker.

Players with night actions need to bold their actions when addressing them to me in the QT. Failure to use the correct format as specified in your QTs will simply result in recording a non-action by me in the player log. All players must tell me, in their private QTs, which player they will send an affectionate gesture to. Until all Night actions are submitted, the next Day will not commence.

At Night, you may also know begin 1-on-1 QTs with your fellow Housemates. Request which players (via private QT) with which you wish to communicate, and either Palindrome or I will organise it for you. If you wish to have a group conversation, I recommend you either hold it in your House QT or you convey your messages to all players involved in the convo via your 1-on-1 QTs at the same time.

This may be finnicky, but the whole point of 1-on-1 QTs is to give some opportunity for individual manoeuvring, although alliances with multiple players are definitely encouraged.

Asterisk (*) indicates that the person is wearing the Individual Immunity Necklace and thus cannot be voted for at the next Tribal Council.

GRYFFINDOR:

Irene//TSN//guljons*//Caesar//Aekiel//Nae'blis//Ash//LochNess

SLYTHERIN:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013